Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story (939 Views)

In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story by Ahmadgani(m): 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
Right reserved
No part of this work maybe reproduced, stored in
any system, or transmitted, in any form or by any
means, electronic, mechanical, duplicating or
otherwise, without the prior permission of the
writer.
All names, places and events in these work are
purely coincidental, therefore it is not aimed at
insulting, undermining or tarnishing anybody or groups image

The president was seated in his usual position, taking his usual breakfast of microwaved leftovers of Tuwo and Kuka when Maina came in

"Good morning Mr president" he greeted

"morning how are you? please join me"

"thank you Mr president, I can see that you are busy, let me go and come back later"

"no no no, I am almost through, take a seat and let's hear the noises making the rounds this morning. Both BBC and VOA didn't say much"

Maina cleared his throat then began

"First on the news is the issue of the arrested judges"

"what about them?"

"we received enough bashing from Twitter, Facebook, instagram, Nairaland and even common 2go"

"what were they saying?"

"the usual sir. Some said you are a dullard, some said you are a dictator in civilian clothing, some even said you are trying to intimidate the judiciary"

"na today? what did that boy that stole aviation money saying?"

"nothing much sir, he changed tactics cause he has been using sarcasm of late"

"what of his fellow noise maker governor?"

"yet to comment sir"

"OK move to the next news please, meanwhile where is Remi?"

"he is granting an interview this morning on the national telly"

"who gave him the go ahead? nevertheless lets continue with the news"

"next on the list is the issue of the former president allowances"

"what about that? I told you and Remi to take care of that, I don't want to see that on the news headline tomorrow"

"OK sir' those are the main items of the news"

"what is that girl up to this time around?"

"which girl sir?"

"that girl that barber her hair now"

"last time I check sir, they are still trying to occupy the sate house"
Re: Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story by Ahmadgani(m): 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
"but I told Dave to take care of them, anyways try to convince them to give us more time, we will surely find the girls"

"OK sir, the revengers also....."

"forget about then we will use Mutnatai and his boys against them" the president said while washing his hand

"what about those crooks at the national assembly" the president inquired

"there is nothing much coming from them, they just realized their mistake of inviting you through then pages of cheap news paper, they were lambasted on Facebook as usual"

"they should thank their stars, because the power to remove does not lie with me, I could have send each and everyone of them back to their villages"

"Mr president..." Maina said with a voice low with alarmed fear. His brother Sani is a member of the national assembly.

"that will be all for now, call in the chief of staff while you take your leave"

The president was angry with the national assembly for continuously embarrassing themselves and the country in general. He had ignored all the advice he received to help in resolving the crisis at the national assembly. He cannot go back to his vomit because he promised not to interfere right from the unset.

"good morning Mr president" the COS greeted

"morning Habu, please sit down and let see what my schedule looks. like today"

"sir, the schedule is not that tight today, firs is your meeting with the Arab boys at 10 o'clock"

"cancel it"

"but sir..."

"I said you should cancel it, If I go ahead with that meeting, they will think that I am about to islamise the country"

"OK sir next is your meeting with Jalarian secretary of defence"

"you and the NSA can take care of that'

"sir you also have a book lunch yo attend late in the day"

"send one of those boring ministers to represent me"

"sir there is this security summit in the north east"

"when did you people organise that summit?"

"sir.."

"don't sir me, I will not attend that summit, however, you can send the professor on my behalf, but tell him to put on something nice. I am tired of seeing him dressed in those black clothes, whose funeral is he always attending?"

"the president of the senate has asked to meet you"

"I don't want to see him, I thought they've dropped all the charges against him and his deputy okoro"
Re: Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story by joanee20(f): 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
Following o..
Re: Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story by Ahmadgani(m): 3:59am On Oct 11, 2016
"yes Sir but...."

"no buts, I said I don't want to see him and that is final"

"OK sir, the interview with that foreign station is also slated for today"

"OK I will grant the interview, that should be all for now, I will call you if I need anything. Please put on that tv while you leave"

The president watched the breakfast show, the idiots they invited to analyse the current economic recession are so dumb that one of them could jot differentiate between politics and economics. The president dialed a number from his phone and after the usual bun bun bun sound, a heavy deep voice came through from the other end of the phone.

"good morning your Excellency"

"good morning Baba Ota, how was your night and how is daughter Iyabo?"

"As you can see we are not complaining, how is my daughter zee and your wife? hope the depression of that rock is not weighing any if you down"

"we thank, did you receive the mail I sent yesterday?"

"yes Mr president, I am even preparing my speech for that summit"

"thank you, they are asking us to send two delegate now, so I'm proposing you go along with the white beard man or the old Igbo man"

"I'll prefer the white beard man, you know that old igbo man like money, I don't want him to create any scene especially not in front of those black African leaders"

"OK no problem, we will arrange it, thank you for accepting to go on out behalf"

"it is my pleasure, you can always count on me"
Re: Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story by Ahmadgani(m): 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
The president turned on the television just in time to watch Remi's interview on the national telly. Who gave this ITK the permission to grant that interview, he's speaking on my behalf without my consent. There was a creek sound on the door, it had to be Maina again

"well done sir! I'm back"

"who asked you to come back?"

"sir..."

"don't sir me, anyways I want us to prepare for that interview I am granting tonight"

After the usual prepping and rehearsals, the president got ready for the early afternoon Prayers.

AFTER THE INTERVIEW

"you handled them well" the wife of the president said while welcoming the President

"who did I handled?"

"those white journalists of course"

"oh don't mind them, I beat them at their own game, any journalist that ask me about economic recession, is doing so at his or her own expense. I have load of response to give"

"but why didn't they ask you about the abducted judges, sorry the arrested judges"

"can we at least forget about all these people and continue with our last night play?"

"I will not allow you to touch me unless you promise to change my title from 'wife' to 'first'"

"haba now". the president continued to tickle his wife until he had his way.
Re: Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story by Peaceman4: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2016
Nice...
Re: Good Morning Mr President.. A Fictional Short Story by SophiePat: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
[color=#770077][/color] Really got my attention. Good job

(1) (Reply)

Two-day Intensive Creative Writing Workshop In Lagos / Inspirational Poems............ Words In My Mind / October 50-Word Collaboration Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.