Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Failed Coolant Level Sensor - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Failed Coolant Level Sensor (589 Views)

Use coolant.... Not water / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failed Coolant Level Sensor by kumari089(m): 11:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
Hi guys
How does one determines if a coolant level sensor is faulty. Am having an issue now with my car coolant level sensor in the expansion tank. The coolant level is okay that is btw minimum and maximum mark but the low coolant level message has stayed on permanently on the trip computer. what can be the cause of this.
Re: Failed Coolant Level Sensor by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15am On Oct 11, 2016
kumari089:
Hi guys
How does one determines if a coolant level sensor is faulty. Am having an issue now with my car coolant level sensor in the expansion tank. The coolant level is okay that is btw minimum and maximum mark but the low coolant level message has stayed on permanently on the trip computer. what can be the cause of this.

what vehicle? How many wires connected to the sensor?
Re: Failed Coolant Level Sensor by kumari089(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Car Make: Volvo s80 2006 Turbo 5 Cylinder (AWD)
No of Cable connected to Sensor: Not really sure but i think 3. Will check and revert back

Thank you Oga GAZZUZZ
Re: Failed Coolant Level Sensor by MightyThor(m): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2016
I will suggest you try flushing the expansion tank, then try cleaning the section where the level gauge (floater) resides. The gauge may have gotten stuck at the low point due to accumulated dirt, remember to disconnect the wire.

Oh least I forget this is for two wire sensors, don't know about three wire though but I suspect it could be the same.

Had a similar experience but with my brake fluid reservoir tank, even when it was dry the sensor never displayed. I noticed that it was stuck at the upper position, after a through wash it became free to float with the level of the fluid and is now operational.
Re: Failed Coolant Level Sensor by honmusa(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2016
kumari089:
Hi guys
Your coolant level sensor is a two terminal digital thermistor,one terminal carrying the signal to the ecm and the other one is the ground .
The issue u might be having can be either due to sensor issue or bad wiring.And to confirm which one ,unplug the sensor from its connector and run the car ,get a scanner and data stream the coolant level sensor pid with a suitable scanner ,good wiring will indicate 5v at the pid .
If you need a professional to diagnose and repair this issue and you are in Lagos ,u can call autologic @08061166316

Re: Failed Coolant Level Sensor by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
honmusa:

Your coolant level sensor is a two terminal digital thermistor,one terminal carrying the signal to the ecm and the other one is the ground .
The issue u might be having can be either due to sensor issue or bad wiring.And to confirm which one ,unplug the sensor from its connector and run the car ,get a scanner and data stream the coolant level sensor pid with a suitable scanner ,good wiring will indicate 5v at the pid .
If you need a professional to diagnose and repair this issue and you are in Lagos ,u can call autologic @08061166316

kumari089:
Car Make: Volvo s80 2006 Turbo 5 Cylinder (AWD)
No of Cable connected to Sensor: Not really sure but i think 3. Will check and revert back
Thank you Oga GAZZUZZ

summed up here
Re: Failed Coolant Level Sensor by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Continuity and ECU signal check at the sensor harness is the point to start before deciding if the sensor should be changed or not. If you are in Abuja, visit us at NIYEK Automobile service centre for a comprehensive diagnosis. 08032410846, 08139217632

(1) (Reply)

Auto Mechanic In Akure / Jeep Shows Off Wrangler Rubicon With Mopar One Package / 1,305 Volvo XC90 Recalled Due To Seat-belt Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.