Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges (12926 Views)

Names Of Judges Under Investigation By DSS Exposed. / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely / DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Moreoffaith(m): 8:24am On Oct 11, 2016
Kingsley1000:
if i were to be a president,i will see a way to implement capital punishment to corrupt polithiefcians,by the time u kill one or two people,it will serve as a deterrent to others

Bro that is what we really need in this nation, capital punishment for the corrupt political office holder,judges,ministers and so on, This will surely make those who are not ready to serve the nation stay away from politics.. See those who call theirselves businessman are trooping into politics this days cos they know they can multiply their wealth overnight. #killcorruptpoliticalofficeholder

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by mrschianna: 9:04am On Oct 11, 2016
K
Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by 4nobody4every1: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2016
modath:

Wailers are not equal, some don't want Nigeria to fail...they just have love for Jona's humble facade and calm disposition & reminisce about him, and as humans with emotions, we all like what we like! There is freedom to do so.

However the dregs of the earth, the bottom slimes in a putrid barrel are the ones on NL, Twitter (there are very few exceptions) and Vanguard comment sections....

They abhor reading, and do not understand even when they manage to do(they probably can't comprehend anything beyond basic elementary as it seem) but feel the need to "oppose" cos the IB was opposed as well!!
Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Boyooosa(m): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2016
Gimme Vaseline, this post just seduced my heart 100%.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by ezenonso: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2016
Darkness can not cast away darkness
Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by sportskid(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2016
Any tom,dick and former minister can say what they like. The truth still remains, NO CONVICTIONS = A WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES. IF THEY JUDGES ARE CURRUPT, LET THE JUDGES DECIDE THAT IN THE COURT OF LAW.PERIOD
Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by modath(f): 9:11am On Oct 11, 2016
QuotaSystem:
You can only deceive yourself. You either stand for the war on corruption or stand against it.

What's dictatorial or tyrannical about arresting judges suspected to possess evidence of corruption?

Did the officers not have legally valid arrest warrants? Yes they did. That eliminates the alleged dictatorship.

Does the constitution prescribe the hour that arrests can be made? No. That eliminates the alleged tyranny.

Now did you know the DSS is constitutionally mandated to handle crimes of sabotage and espionage in Nigeria? That eliminates the obvious ignorance.

Peculiar problems beget peculiar solutions.

Gbam!!! Gbammer Gbammest.....

Rule of law!! I'm beginning to detest that phrase.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by adebesho(m): 9:11am On Oct 11, 2016
Nigeria will be great again and all looters will be in prison why will celebrate the goodness of our dear country.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by papparatzzi2013: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Ask the monkeys shouting "Rule of Law" to tell you the Law that was broken during the operation, they cannot point out a single one.

I am sure the likes of FFK and Judge beating rabid dog of Ekiti and the SAN Ozekhome that wa quoting outdated law would be ashamed of themselves by now.

Corrupt Judges are worse than Lucifer.

NJC is a glorified association of Corrupt Judges while NBA is nothing than Nigeria Bribery Association.

It is more worrisome when some citizens are busy supporting corruption.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by efilefun(m): 9:20am On Oct 11, 2016
Swear down when one lawyer and a politician go down 6feets others go begin sit right
Kingsley1000:
if i were to be a president,i will see a way to implement capital punishment to corrupt polithiefcians,by the time u kill one or two people,it will serve as a deterrent to others
Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by busolakun(m): 9:21am On Oct 11, 2016
When we talk of corruption it is not only the politicians that are perpetrators, carrier officers are the the major in this. When we talk of rooting out this menace called corruption then every one, all institutions must be touched. I strongly support the DSS move anyone that is against this is a corruption perpetrator. LET'S SAY NO TO CORRUPTION irrespective who is involved.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Boyooosa(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2016
TPAND:
No one is stopping Buhari from fighting corruption, but fighting like a dictator and tyrannical autocrat is what we are not I support of. Everything should be done within the ambits and provisions of the law.

Buahri should understand what a democratic system of government is. I see the arrest of the alleged corrupt judges as a show of Shane and defamation of character
Why did you allow sentiments to occupy your whole existence. This report mentioned that the DG of DSS has a constitutional Right and responsibility to arrest a suspect/criminal at anytime of the day regardless of the venue or the circumstance. Av witnessed where a banker was arrested on his wedding day for fraud in his inlaw's house, so? Which special treatment or honour should be given to a criminal. What I was expecting from you is to research may be the DSS has the right to do so or not, then you join the crusade of kicking corruption out of Nigeria. God will open your eyes sha to see DAT the money they are sharing was supposed to be shared with you. I am allergic to 'democratic system', it gives me brain scratching when its the one played by our politicians Jere, no forming sire.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2016
TPAND:
No one is stopping Buhari from fighting corruption, but fighting like a dictator and tyrannical autocrat is what we are not I support of. Everything should be done within the ambits and provisions of the law.

Buahri should understand what a democratic system of government is. I see the arrest of the alleged corrupt judges as a show of Shane and defamation of character

One of the of the enemy of Nigeria and supporter of corruption has spoken.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:36am On Oct 11, 2016
gigabyte13:

Done within the law right So tell us what law the DSS broke in arresting the judge ? So breaking down doors to arrest an unwilling suspect amount to breaking of laws. Who knows, may na spare parts you dey sell, come here dey claim lawyer.

No mind the small boy jare, The law that permit DSS to break into houses and arrest suspect was sign into law by GEJ 2 weeks into handing over.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by jozee8: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2016
TPAND:

You mean the ambits of the law that only the very rich in the society only can afford or the one that has gotten us as a nation where we are today? Democracy is not the best form of governance or only form of governance. Take China for instance, very soon they will become world economy power.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Goke7: 9:45am On Oct 11, 2016
PMB may not be perfect, but the man is laying some good precedence for future administrations, call it commando style or not. Its after PMB leaves power, we will appreciate it better.

Whoever will be the next President after PMB from any party will have to fight corruption whether he likes it or not cos even Nigerians abusing PMB today will mount pressure on future Presidents to deal with whoever still wants to chop our yams in any form. PMB will be a reference point for even those who hate him to pieces now. Its either you kill corruption or it kills any society.

CORRUPTION AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CANNOT CO-HABIT.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by michoim(m): 9:47am On Oct 11, 2016
Evil and corrupt people have long entrenched themselves in our judiciary;including the so called Chief Judge of Nigeria and the Chairman of NBA.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Goke7: 9:48am On Oct 11, 2016
modath:

Gbam!!! Gbammer Gbammest.....

Rule of law!! I'm beginning to detest that phrase.

Rule of Law in Nigeria is only for the elite like dasuki, saraki, SANs, Judges and all other yam eaters of like passion

Werey ni rule of law jor!

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by hrykanu231(m): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2016
TPAND:

How many times have u seen the arrest of a common man as a shame on democracy? Let us not cry more than the briefed, the judges will sue for defamation to breach of fundamental human right, the amount they will get from such suits, will go a long way. My brother, if this is the case. Why are u so bothered about them?

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Kingsley1000(m): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2016
efilefun:
Swear down when one lawyer and a politician go down 6feets others go begin sit right
this country's law is lenient on corruption

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Kingsley1000(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2016
Goke7:
PMB may not be perfect, but the man is laying some good precedence for future administrations, call it commando style or not. Its after PMB leaves power, we will appreciate it better.

Whoever will be the next President after PMB from any party will have to fight corruption whether he likes it or not cos even Nigerians abusing PMB today will mount pressure on future Presidents to deal with whoever still wants to chop our yams in any form. PMB will be a reference point for even those who hate him to pieces now. Its either you kill corruption or it kills any society.

CORRUPTION AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CANNOT CO-HABIT.
well said

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Caseless: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2016

a thief is a thief.
this just made my day.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Goke7: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2016
Moreoffaith:

Bro that is what we really need in this nation, capital punishment for the corrupt political office holder,judges,ministers and so on, This will surely make those who are not ready to serve the nation stay away from politics.. See those who call theirselves businessman are trooping into politics this days cos they know they can multiply their wealth overnight. #killcorruptpoliticalofficeholder

Yet we say our economy should improve, how will the economy improve if more businessmen keeps entering politics, who will create jobs?

A senator or house of rep member? Seriously we are bunch of jokers in Nigeria

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by cyrilamx(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Has anyone ever read the book: 'Frankeinstein Monster?' the creator of the monster became weary of his own creation that he sought to destroy it. In order to do so, he has to become monster in all ramifications save appearance.

We all know that corruption is the reason we still backward, why we going through this recession yet many pretend we can tame the benefactors via rule of law. If lesser or petty thieves can be lynched when caught, what stop us becoming incensed against corruption and making our looters beneficiaries of jungle justice?

To be candid, I detest the rule of law because in our own case it has become a safe haven for economic saboteurs and a clog in the wheel of justice. Buhari remained the only Nigerian leader living or dead to have tackled this Frankeinstein monster head on.

As military dictator nay a benevolent one, he jailed not less than 500 political looters of the second Republic and banned them for life from participating in politics. Remember the second Republic governor of kano state, Sabon was jailed for 300 years for corruptly enriching himself.

If Nigerians had supported the then GMB when he wielded absolute power, we would have been a disciplined and less corrupt entity today.

Buhari Jailed Them All - Politics - Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/2047778/buhari-jailed-all

As usual his government was denounced and those of age then, our fathers and mothers, elder brothers and sisters celebrated and exchanged gift when that sanitising regime was toppled by the infamous Maradona. Evil day was postponed, today we are reaping the adverse effect of the decision of 1985.

Every nook n cranny...churches, mosques, establishment and the suppose hope of common man ooze with pervasive corruption that will even make Satan be put forward for canonisation.

As long as Nigerians who are the victims of maladministration and corruption are polarised along ethnic/religious/party divide supporting their own who are united in fleecing us of our common patrimony , the war against corruption will hit a brick war like what wike did in Rivers state.

Alas there is little PMB can do, he is old and crippled by constitution and his kitchen cabinets are playing the role of Brutus.

If Nigerians want to retrieve their locust years from these blood suckling demons, we have to become monsters to destroy our frankeinstein monsters.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by blowjohn(m): 10:27am On Oct 11, 2016
TPAND:

The law is an ass. After so many years of democracy, haven't u noticed that in a bizzare Twist of things, when the so called due process is followed, nothing good comes out at the end? This is the kind of force we need to deal with such thieves.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by taurustm(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2016
TPAND:

My brother, at a point like this, what's needed to be done needs to seems despotic. You can't tackle some powerful people in this country and say you wants to follow the law wholeheartedly, it's not done.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Moreoffaith(m): 10:48am On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=Goke7 post=50102918]

Yet we say our economy should improve, how will the economy improve if more businessmen keeps entering politics, who will create jobs?

A senator or house of rep member? Seriously we are bunch of jokers in Nigeria[/quote

They do not believe in their business anymore and also they want to be in the next forbe list as one of the richest in Africa......i am so sure the hard working youth will revive the state from this poo we are into... God bless Nigeria.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by kabrud: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2016
lustychima:
Well meaning nigerians are commending the DSS and d presidency for this feet

Only seed and product of corruption that are blabbing thrash

Wailing “rule of law" even when 90% of them don't knw what d phrase imply

Anyway I pity them, coz it's either they love buhari or they love buhari......they have no option

POLITICIANS CARE ABOUT NEXT ELECTION BUT LEADERS CARE ABOUT THE NEXT GENERATION

BUHARI IS A LEADER
10/10.

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by NovusHomo(m): 10:57am On Oct 11, 2016
TPAND:

Whose character, that of a judge prostrating and begging not to be arrested after his crime had been uncovered?

Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Agimor(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2016
NgcoboP:
Gbagi was a disgraced minister he's still hungry
Hungry ke hungry ni. This guy is a business mogul an industrialist even before he delve into politics.. He owns the biggest busiest Plaza,Robinson Plaza in Delta State so stop spewing garbage.
Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2016
I pray the DSS will no end as a well played out act of IGG ie initial gara gara
After barging into their houses to arrest them in a sting operation on Saturday night u bailed them on self recognition on Monday,i can bet no ordinary Nigerian can enjoy this kind of treatment. Nobody is above the law indeed!
Re: Olorungun Gbagi Backs Arrest Of Judges by Kingsley1000(m): 11:33am On Oct 11, 2016
we must kill corruption b4 it kills us

Ajayi Battles Akeredolu Over Denial Of Venue To Launch Campaign / Yul Edochie: I Supported Atiku's Presidential Campaign, I Hope He Supports Mine / Authentic Election Results Live!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55