Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,695 members, 7,851,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

"Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie (825 Views)

Wizkid Featured In Beyonce The Gift Album, Trends In UK - Twitter. Photos / Yoruba Movie Stars Slammed For Featuring In Pro-Sanwo Olu Campaign Jingle / AY Celebrates Lady Left Disappointed After Driving 39KM To Take Selfie With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by TunezMedia: 6:25am On Oct 11, 2016
Chimamanda Adichie has revealed that she gets disappointed and feels irritated whenever people insists that her popularity was was attributed to Beyoncé.

Beyonce had used  a clip of her ‘We should all be feminist,’ TED Talk for her hit song, “Flawless”  in 2013 and since then, she had suffered from misconceptions around the world.

However, she is happier that people are  aware of the word, feminism.

She said “In the first place: of course Beyoncé asked permission to use my texts, and I did give her permission. I think she’s lovely and I am convinced that she has nothing but the best intentions. In addition, Beyoncé is a celebrity of the first order and with this song she has reached many people who would otherwise probably never have heard the word feminism, let alone gone out and buy my essay.”

She went on to say “But I was shocked about how many requests for an interview I received when that song was released. 

Literally every major newspaper in the world wanted to speak with me about Beyoncé. I felt such a resentment (laughs loudly). I thought: are books really that unimportant to you? Another thing I hated was that I read everywhere: now people finally know her, thanks to Beyoncé, or: she must be very grateful. I found that disappointing. I thought: I am a writer and I have been for some time and I refuse to perform in this charade that is now apparently expected of me: “Thanks to Beyoncé, my life will never be the same again.” That’s why it didn’t speak about it much.”

“Her style is not my style, but I do find it interesting that she takes a stand in political and social issues, since a few years. She portrays a woman who is in charge of her own destiny, who does her own thing, and she has girl power. I am very taken with that.”

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/why-i-was-disappointed-after-featuring.html

Lalasticlala Fynestboi Ijebabe Ishilove MissyB3

Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by nerilove(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2016
Hmm
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by Nature8(m): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Interesting..
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by maryjan8(f): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Ok
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 11, 2016
Isn't that true? undecided

Not everybody knows this writer until Beyonce tagged her along on her FLAWLESS song.. She shud be happy u know.. Now she's internationally recognized..
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by Collenshy2020(m): 6:41am On Oct 11, 2016
Adichie you've clearified my unbalanced stance a bit, nice.
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by Benjom(m): 6:42am On Oct 11, 2016
'All join' ma.
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by Sunexy(m): 6:48am On Oct 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Not everybody knows this writer until Beyonce tagged her along on her FLAWLESS song.. She shud be happy u know.. Now she's internationally recognized..
Na only never know am maybe until u heard flawless...na popular writer b4 den
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by YNWA1: 6:59am On Oct 11, 2016
Well
Re: "Why I Was Disappointed After Featuring In Beyonce Song" -- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

she's a typical bad belle

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Buy With 5naira In Your Area? Nairaland Survey / Nollywood Star Actress- Angela Okorie Gifts Fan A Recharge Card / Peter Okoye Shows Off His Ripped Body (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.