Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu (881 Views)

Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow / Floating In Space: Size Of Asteroids Compared To Newyork And Earth(Video) / Renewable Energy System (solar And Inverter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Obeenah(m): 10:24am On Oct 11, 2016
The need for every Nigerian Household to invest in owing a #Solar Energy system can not be overemphasized. Beyond the health and zero noise benefit of a solar energy unit, the issue of the cost profile of owing a solar energy unit stands as the major reason why many homes
shy away from adding it to their "to have list".

Truth is. Your Generator will cost you 10x what a same sized solar energy unit will cost you to generate same amount of energy over 10years + period.

Many Nigeria have failed to sit down and outweigh the option of deploying renewable energy in their homes and offices.

I will make an attempt to convince you that solar pricing is not expensive even when compared to using a Diesel/Gasoline Generator

Typically, My company offers you the opportunity to pay for a solar energy system over a 2year period in monthly installments as an incentive.

Back to the matter.
So typically the only difference which makes it easy for anyone to choose a generator over a solar system is in their cost profile.

As a home owner or business person needing to power your appliances you can typically walk into any store or major electronic market and get yourself an equivalent kva generator which would power your appliances over the lifespan of the generator or business which ever one goes out of existence first.

Now imagine if the cost of buying a generator included the cost of buying fuel for the next 2years. How affordable would a generator be?

The simple fact that you can buy and top up 5litre or 10litre fuel daily makes a false reality for the affordability of a generator when infact it is not, as there will be no time in the future when you will stop paying for fuel to use the generator unlike a solar energy system.

So the payment profile for buying the solar system is only huge at inception given the 35% upfront cost which can actually be said to be the actual cost of the system, while the monthly payment simulates your already existing spending on fuel for generator which is then used to pay up the remainder 65% cost over the 2 year period.

Example using the 2kw system.

The 2kw system cost N1,680,000 but currently sells at N1,450,000 Outright purchase until October 31st.

Now a 2kw solar system is equivalent to a 2.5kva Generator set which uses up 1.5litres of fuel per hour of usage. Averagely the generator set can be used between 6-8hours everyday usually in the evenings after arriving from work but in a business it would be for longer hours reaching 12hours somedays.

Now You spend 1.5litres of fuel x 6hours daily x 30days (excluding oiling and maintenance)= N220 per hour you run your generator

Now calculate: N145 x 1.5litres per hour x 6hours of generator time = N1,320 daily

N1,320 daily fuel cost x 30days =N39,600 Monthly as fuel cost only (excluding generator maintenance)

N39,600 x 12 months in a year = N475,000 1st year

N39,600 x 24 months (2 years) = N950,400 in just 2 years of a 2.5kva generator use giving you light for only (6-8hours daily).

Now multiply N475,000 spent on fuelling your generator per year x 10years =

COMPARE THE SAME EQUIVALENT USING A SOLAR SYSTEM.

Now a 2kw solar system which will give you electricity throughout your working hours with near zero maintenance will only cost you in full N1,680,000 which is payable over 2 years under our LTO plan.

spread out in an initial 35% = N588,000 which is the major cost.

while the remainder 65% cost of N1,092,000 monthly payment spread out over 24months of N45,500 will payup for the system.

Saving you an estimated N30,000,000 or more over the next 25years of the Solar system life span. Money which you can channel into other productive endeavours rather than burn up running a generator.

The difference between a Generator and Solar Energy System is in the cost profile. Solar saves you money. its a no brainer.

Most people would not be able to afford a generator today if purchasing a generator required the buyer pays for 5 to 10years of petrol consumption with the generator cost.

Please let me know if this my explanation is helpful.

To your Solar Future.

Victor Nwosu

0803-512-5915

visit my facebook page: www.facebook.com/solarenergynigeria

PS: Interested people wanting to know more about Solar and our special discounts/ Payment finance options can call or whatsapp me on 08035125915 or email: victor.nwosu@solynta.com.ng

Thank you

Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Samyj247: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2016
OP u lied. You said
N39,600 x 12 months in a year = N475,000 1st year u didn't consider the fact that sometimes there could be light for more than 4-5 straight nights and u wouldn't need to put onur gen.

1 Like

Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by wasuka14(m): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2016
I love solar system simply because of no noise and fumes. My major consern is its life span, which the sellers always and constantly hexagerated. If solar pannel can actually last up to 25yrs why are those installed to power road traffic lights are failling quickly?
Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Obeenah(m): 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
Samyj247:
OP u lied. You said
N39,600 x 12 months in a year = N475,000 1st year u didn't consider the fact that sometimes there could be light for more than 4-5 straight nights and u wouldn't need to put onur gen.

Rightly put my friend. However did you notice I did not include maintenance and repair cost in my calculation.

I bet that makes up for the lie. Wouldn't you agree sir?
Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Obeenah(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
wasuka14:
I love solar system simply because of no noise and fumes. My major consern is its life span, which the sellers always and constantly hexagerated. If solar pannel can actually last up to 25yrs why are those installed to power road traffic lights are failling quickly?

Good observation sir. However if you notice as with most government projects, poor attention to details and cost cutting by contractors means substandard components are used. If you are in Lagos take a drive round computer village and see the streetlights put up by tecno. over a year now and still working.

In a nutshell choose a reliable provider which gives you warranty. As regards panels they do last well beyound 25years which is only the stated warranty on them. design and batteries are the main issues.

1 Like

Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Samyj247: 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
Obeenah:

Rightly put my friend. However did you notice I did not include maintenance and repair cost in my calculation.

I bet that makes up for the lie. Wouldn't you agree sir?
even at that gen is still better off if compared with the prize of the solar blabs u have up there. By d way na every time generator de spoil? Some gen can stay for more than 2-3 month without any form of servicing.
Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Obeenah(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Samyj247:
even at that gen is still better off if compared with the prize of the solar blabs u have up there. By d way na every time generator de spoil? Some gen can stay for more than 2-3 month without any form of servicing.

Sir. I am not out to engage in a war of words with you. Even Jesus christ was rejected so I do expect some just like you to reject it.

Some would rather pay N120 everyday to go through the Lekki toll gate than get an E-tag which would reduce your payment to N75 everytime you use the toll. Reason we see more people driving through the cash lanes.

Think about it. Im sure you will see reason.

Please Answer these questions and tell me if you are better off with a solar or your generator.

what size of generator do you have?

how long have you owned it?

how many hours per day do you run?

how many litres do you consume per day.

now do the maths.

For the "I better pass my neighbour generator" user Spending N500 daily for only 6hours of light till infinity makes sense to you right?

@N15,000 monthly
Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Samyj247: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Obeenah:

Sir. I am not out to engage in a war of words with you. Even Jesus christ was rejected so I do expect some just like you to reject it.

Some would rather pay N120 everyday to go through the Lekki toll gate than get an E-tag which would reduce your payment to N75 everytime you use the toll. Reason we see more people driving through the cash lanes.

Think about it. Im sure you will see reason.

Please Answer these questions and tell me if you are better off with a solar or your generator.

what size of generator do you have?

how long have you owned it?

how many hours per day do you run?

how many litres do you consume per day.

now do the maths.

For the "I better pass my neighbour generator" user Spending N500 daily for only 6hours of light till infinity makes sense to you right?

@N15,000 monthly

lols u still not getting it. the solar blabs price is too expensive for an average Nigerian. wish u safe nd good market
Re: See How A Solar Energy System Pays Off Compared To Generators. Calculation Inclu by Obeenah(m): 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
Samyj247:
lols u still not getting it. the solar blabs price is too expensive for an average Nigerian. wish u safe nd good market

Lol no you are not getting it,

If you read my post properly and not come at me with spear and guns to discredit my post. You would realise i mentioned we have a paYMENT PLAN WHICH ALLOWS YOU PAY FOR THE SOLAR SYSTEM OVER A 2YEAR PERIOD.WHERE CLIENT CAN PAY JUST N294,000 AND SPREAD REMAINDER BALANCE IN MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS AT A PRICE WHICH MIMMICKS THEIR USUAL GENERATOR SPEND.

SO INSTEAD OF BURNING UP MONEY ON FUEL MONTHLY THAT MONY=THLY SPEND IS CHANNELED TOWARDS PAYING TO EVENTUALLY OWN THE SYSTEM,

THIS IS SOMEWHERE IN MY ORIGINAL POST IN RED.

(1) (Reply)

See Viral Pics Of Helicopter & Electric Powered Car Manufactured By An African / This Will Happen If An Astronaut Fires A Gun From The Moon Aiming At Earth? / New Airtel Cheat, Only For The Those With The Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.