Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

My Very Unfair Exam. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / My Very Unfair Exam. (853 Views)

It Unfair E383 / Unfair! / I Once Thought Life Was Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Very Unfair Exam. by sofadj(m): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2009
Last year I wrote the unfairest exam one could only imagine.

I've written many exams in my less-than-10000 days on earth.
Been in various halls for iq tests, promotion exams and numerous other tests.
Assesments usually come in various forms, mcq, t/f, laq, saq, e.t.c.
The one common thing with all these different assesment forms is the fact that there is always a time frame within which the candidates are given the opportunities to express themselves as much as possible in accordance to the requirements of the examiner.

This especially made the one I wrote last year different. Not that there was no time limit ofcourse, what made it different was that we, the candidates were not given equal time. Another odd thing was that we all had different questions on our question papers- we were to solve different questions.

The lecturer assesing us would during the course of the exam randomly stop a candidate without a premonition.

All we had as a form of premonition was the chance to see the lecturer before the exam and even very few people knew this existed.

A day before the test I reported in his office and asked for guidelines.

He was so surprised and confessed I was the first ever to seek his assistance concerning the exam.

He went further to state that I had already taken the first and most important step as regards the exam by reaching out to him for guidelines.

He advised me to make most of the whatever time I had during the test no matter how short.
He advised me to start with the most important point I had.
He added that I should treat each second like it was just the last one as he could just walk up anytime to collect my answer scripts irrespective of how far i had gone which he wouldn't even know at that time.

The exam was actually crazier than I anticipated.
I had barely written the third sentence when he came up to me to collect my scripts.
I was grosssly devastated and immediately concluded i was going to fail the exam.
'Bout 12minutes later he had another candidate hand in her answer script.
As I was the first he collected scripts from, some other students still had almost 2hours writing time after I had submitted.
Only thing the lecturer repeated over and again was "not how far but how well you wont have more than the time you need"

In less than a week our result was out and surprisingly i passed, infact i had an "A".
Dr Smart, the lecturer called me after the test.
He tried to explain how I managed to clinch an "A" despite the fact that i wrote for less
than 15 minutes the same exam someone wrote for 1hour and 23minutes and only managed to get a credit.
He isolated some words and phrases I had in my short write-up and showed how high they scored on his gradings scheme.
He also tried to prove his ideology and blah blah blah .

Of all the boring analogies and metaphor he created that afternoon, one stood out and seemed gripping.

He likened his "unfair test" to life and put his place for death in the analogy.

1.We all have to face different challenges in life.
2.We all have different lifespan.

For a moment i was knocked out and for over a week i pondered on this metaphor.
I drew a few conclusions from this.:

Life isn't fair but you're in it already and just gotta live it.

The first step to living a succesful life is reaching out to the creator of life(GOD) for "HELP and guidelines"

Some are lucky,(get easier questions) -: face less difficult challenges, born into a 1st world coutry, wealthy family, good education while some are at the other end of the metrestick.
We all got different time frame to do different tasks.
Death could come anytime not minding if you've been whining and kicking about how so much life sucks and how unfair life has been to you.
So wherever you are now, whatever you might be doing just make sure you're not wasting the time you got.

A succesful life is not one with inumerable days but one with quality days.
A 20 year old may live more fulfilled than a 98.

Every second counts.
You won't get more than the time you need.
Re: My Very Unfair Exam. by kay9(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2009
smiley ok, now tell us, did u really write such an exam?
Re: My Very Unfair Exam. by spizzlenik(m): 1:30am On Oct 27, 2009
thanks for posting this. it was just all the motivation i needed right now
Re: My Very Unfair Exam. by bluespice(f): 4:21am On Oct 27, 2009
naw i dont think so,
but i like your thought process
Re: My Very Unfair Exam. by sofadj(m): 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2009
NO it wasnt real , just thots

(1) (Reply)

Rhythm Rolls Flood Flows / Sympathizing With The World: A Collection Of Poems.. / There Is This Girl I Love (poem).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.