Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

“i’m Sorry” Sacked Justice Oloyede Begs Aregbesola - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / “i’m Sorry” Sacked Justice Oloyede Begs Aregbesola (700 Views)

Sorry This Thread Has Been Modified / Sex Starved Nigerian Man Begs For Sex On Social Media / Osun 2018: Aregbesola’s Factor’ll Decide Who Wins, Says Liberty Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“i’m Sorry” Sacked Justice Oloyede Begs Aregbesola by IROHINOodua: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
“I’m sorry” sacked Justice Oloyede begs Aregbesola

By Ayodele Ojewumi

Sacked judge of the Osun State High Court, Justice Olamide Oloyede has apologized to the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Aregbesola for her wrong doing.

The Judge admitted using wrong words in a petition that opened the floodgate for her public criticism and eventual dismissal by the National Judicial Commission, (NJC). She spoke on a Radio programme, Frank Talk aired on Rave FM and monitored by Irohinoodua.

She apologized to Aregbesola and his deputy, Mrs Laoye Tomori for using fowl language in the petition she wrote to the State House of Assembly calling for the impeachment of the State Governor. Many saw her petition as a mark of partisan outcry amidst widespread belief that her securing the position of a judge in the first place was sponsored by the Peoples Democratic party, (PDP) which stood in opposition against the All Progressives Congress, (APC) led by Aregbesola. She had made scathing criticisms which were later proved to be false and a red herring by the Osun StAte House of Assembly.

“I think in retrospect, I have come to realize that perhaps, I did employ some words or language in respect of Mr Governor and his deputy, which I ought not to have used and so, today Im tendering an unreserved apology, public apology for the choice of certain words which I would not repeat,” the sober judge said. Her apology is coming on the heels of the arrest of seven judges by the Department of State Security, (DSS).

The judge however said she did not regret writing the petition. She said “ However, as far as the substance of that petition is concerned, I remain resolute and I am convinced that ny actions were done in in fidelity to my office and to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which I sworn to uphold and out of love for my country.” Oloyede has since taken up a job as a lecturer at the Lead City University.

(1) (Reply)

Top 8 Benefits Of Martial Arts And Self Defense / Important Message To All Mmm Members / Check Out Photos From Laura Ikeji's Traditional Wedding To Ogbonna Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.