Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House - NYSC (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House (1130135 Views)

NYSC 2019 Batch A Corps Members Thread / NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2017
PotatoSalad:

sounds good, thanks.
Another thing, My medical fitness report says that I should be exempted from drills and activities​ that would expose me to the hot sun. can i go with long sleeves and if possible, hats. I use sunscreens o but I want full protection cos though I'll be exempted from drills, I'll still be vulnerable to getting burned based on the short clothes they wear there.
I be afin o. I no wan get sunburn cos i dey serve my country grin
Lol. U be ajebota? Well, hat is not really needed, you will stay under the shade as you will be exempted from drills. You dnt wanna draw unnecessary attention to yourself with that. Even if u go with long sleeves, u still cnt wear it, umust be on white all through, except on sundays.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by cazmiro(m): 10:14pm On May 11, 2017
smileyI think we should talk more about this Don issue, it's very very important, like me now I am question, my waec and jamb dob are different, but I want to use jamb dob at camp, my question hope I won't have any issues based on the level, anyone with ans pls
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by PotatoSalad(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
Lol. U be ajebota? Well, hat is not really needed, you will stay under the shade as you will be exempted from drills. You dnt wanna draw unnecessary attention to yourself with that. Even if u go with long sleeves, u still cnt wear it, umust be on white all through, except on sundays.
which kind ajebota hehe, Make i turn red cos of 19800
duly noted. Me no like this NYSC stuff at all. They just want to waste my time sad
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Emcee6(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
No, basically only stream 1 peeps can primt theirs. Thats what differentiate stream 1 from 2
Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought just wanted to be 100% sure.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Robynwelo1(f): 10:33pm On May 11, 2017
Robynwelo1:
My alawee is at stake oh. I don't understand, is it if your Nysc date of birth is different from your bvn date of birth that it's a problem? why can't they use the bvn date of birth to open a new account?

Please, let me rephrase. When opening a new bank account in camp, do you fill DOB on the form or it is directed provided by Nysc with the DOB with them. My DOB with Nysc is wrong and I can't correct it cuz the one on my WAEC result is even wronger! My BVN DOB is correct, please I want to know if the wrong DOB with Nysc will affect the new bank account opening for my allowance, and can't I just give them my true date of birth on my BVN?

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:40pm On May 11, 2017
Emcee6:

Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought just wanted to be 100% sure.
Ok bro.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by hadedayor10(m): 10:42pm On May 11, 2017
kkc1:
That would be great , if scaled through .
yea boss
all the best to us
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by olaisababs(m): 10:55pm On May 11, 2017
ABOLORUNKING:
fellow PCM 2017 A please did anybody got this message from McKinsey.

Greetings!

Thank you for your interest in McKinsey & Company. We are pleased to invite you to the first part of our assessment process with the Lagos office. This email contains what you need to know about our process and preparation materials for your review. We want you to perform at your best during the process, and we hope you will find this information helpful.

Please note that this position is ONLY open at this time to candidates registered to the NYSC Batch A 2017 Orientation Programme. If you are not part of this batch but from previous or future programmes kindly disregard this email as you are not eligible, if you have dishonestly filled out your application, it will be withdrawn and you will have to wait 2 years before you can reapply to us so kindly make sure all details are accurate. If you have completed the NYSC programme feel free to visit our careers page and complete an application for one of our other full time roles.

What to expect

The first round of the assessment process will consist of the McKinsey Problem Solving Test (PST) and we strongly recommend that you prepare and familiarize yourself with the samples prior to writing the test.
Your performance in the PST will be considered as part of the decision making process. The PST is a 26-question multiple choice test that will help us learn about your ability to think through the types of business problems McKinsey consultants face. The test was developed so that no business experience is required or expected. You do not need to bring anything with you and calculators are not permitted.

When and where to write the test

The test will take place at our office on the following date and time:

16-May (Monday, 2:00 pm)

Office Address: 1st Floor 1 Murtala Muhammed Drive (Previously known as Bank Road), Ikoyi, Lagos

**Except on public holidays and instances where we have internal office activities. We will inform you if a particular date is unsuitable.
**Note that attendance must be confirmed at least 2 days in advance for you to take the test. However, if we do not hear from you within two weeks of invitation or you don’t show up for the test without prior communication, your application will be withdrawn.

How to prepare

Go to http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/join_us/interview_prepto prepare for the PST. Please note that the actual test is 90 minutes long and not 60 minutes as stated in the sample test. Also, kindly bring the copy of the PST invitation during the PST session.

We extend our warmest congratulations on reaching this stage and look forward to getting to know you better in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below. You will be informed about PST result within 7 working days after taking the test.

McKinsey utilizes various assessment techniques in its hiring process. If you think you might need assistance to effectively participate in the assessment, please let us know as soon as possible and describe the assistance you believe is appropriate. (This applies for those who have specific medical conditions. Please submit a medical certificate confirming the condition.)

Kind regards,

The Recruiting Team

Well done bro.

When did you submit your final application and when did you receive this message?
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Robynwelo1(f): 11:00pm On May 11, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
Ok bro.
Robynwelo1:

Please, let me rephrase. When opening a new bank account in camp, do you fill DOB on the form or it is directed provided by Nysc with the DOB with them. My DOB with Nysc is wrong and I can't correct it cuz the one on my WAEC result is even wronger! My BVN DOB is correct, please I want to know if the wrong DOB with Nysc will affect the new bank account opening for my allowance, and can't I just give them my true date of birth on my BVN?
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Admin199: 11:06pm On May 11, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
Hello guys..

During our time, we had a setup like the Nigerian Government.. Do we have something like that here?

Btw, If anyone still have lingering questions about Camp generally, its activities, mammy market, things to do for better posting, Life after camp, How to survive in PPA and all that, Please don't hesitate to ask me. Just mention..

Well, I served in Akwa Ibom state.. I must say my expereince there was worthwhile but it could have been bbetter if my expectations were not cut short. I was disappointed with all i heard, but then i survived.. SO, please, try and get much information about a state and make an INFORMED decision.. But then i think this advice is late already so I wish you all the best wherever you are posted to.

Boss tell me more about AKS cos na there i dey land come may 23rd

Q. How did I know I'll serve in AKS?

A. Boss this is Nigeria nah grin grin

Please tell me all I'll need to know
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:16pm On May 11, 2017
PotatoSalad:

which kind ajebota hehe, Make i turn red cos of 19800
duly noted. Me no like this NYSC stuff at all. They just want to waste my time sad
Lol. It is well.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:24pm On May 11, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Hello roby, do not be perturbed. Nysc dnt av a say with acc opening, they just link u up with 1 of d numerous banks they partner, you fill their details, they open an account for you, you get the acc no, nd nysc pays ur allawee there. So, nysc doesnt give them any data. You will get a form for acc opening with d bank, u are given, u feel ur details including ur dob urself.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Emmanuelbruno: 11:26pm On May 11, 2017
Emcee6:

No, all u av to do is to go back to where you registered or a decent cyber cafe and upload another pic b4 registration closes.
Thanks
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Emmanuelbruno: 11:26pm On May 11, 2017
zagadat1:
go and upload another asap and reprint again... saw same on my dashboard yesterday I changed it and reprinted
Thanks
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by PotatoSalad(m): 11:34pm On May 11, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
Lol. It is well.
NYSC that cannot pay corpers 50k, is that one NYSC?
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by oluwaVaz(m): 11:49pm On May 11, 2017
Ndewo.... If u check ur change course and u see mobilised that means u are among stream one, while if it shows pending my dear wait for stream 2
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Tunnyz7: 11:51pm On May 11, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Why are y'all using series of fake DOB up and down ffs
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Tunnyz7: 11:54pm On May 11, 2017
oluwaVaz:
Ndewo.... If u check ur change course and u see mobilised that means u are among stream one, while if it shows pending my dear wait for stream 2
How true is this? Is there anyone with pending cuz mine says mobilized
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by SODEXSKI(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2017
oluwaVaz:
av u seen pending?
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Ken24(m): 12:03am On May 12, 2017
oluwaVaz:
how true is this.. I think once u succeeded in registering then mobilization status would state "mobilised".. Just saying tho
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Nobody: 12:15am On May 12, 2017
Submitted my final application like over a month now, 13th of march to be precise. got the message yesterday by 11:59AM

olaisababs:

Well done bro.

When did you submit your final application and when did you receive this message?
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by AspDrone(m): 1:41am On May 12, 2017
toogbasky:

Date of birth
Thanks
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by AspDrone(m): 1:55am On May 12, 2017
ONE(I)

NYSC BYE-LAWS (Revised 2011)

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Arise, O Compatriots,
Nigeria’s call obey,
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith,
The labour of our heroes past,
Shall never be in vain,
To serve with heart and might,
One nation bound in freedom,
Peace and Unity.

O God of creation,
Direct our noble cause,
Guide our leaders right;
Help, our youths the truth to know,
In love and honesty to grow,
And living just and true;
Great lofty heights attain,
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign.

NYSC ANTHEM

Youths obey the clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
Under the sun or in the rain
With dedication and selflessness
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve.

Members, take the great salute
Put the Nation first in all
With service and humility
NYSC for the noble youths
Make Nigeria a great nation.

Far and near we come to serve
And to build our fatherland
With oneness and loyalty
NYSC for unity
Hail Nigeria, our great nation.

1. MOTTO OF THE NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS

The Motto of the National Youth Service Corps (hereinafter referred to as the “Service Corps”) shall be “Service and Humility

2. THE PLEDGE

Every member of the Service Corps (hereinafter referred to as “member”) shall subscribe to and sign a copy of the National pledge and NYSC pledge before the Chief Judge during Swearing-in Ceremony at the orientation camp.

Any member who fails or refuses to subscribe to and sign the National and the NYSC pledges shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to be decamped and sent out of the orientation camp. The member shall only be allowed to come back for service to join the next batch for the orientation exercise only if he is ready to subscribe to sign the pledges.

3. CODE OF CONDUCT

I. DURING THE PERIOD OF ORIENTATION
Every member shall:
Attend regularly, and participate, fully in all official engagements on the field, at lectures and all places of work.
Any member who comes late to any official engagement on the field, at lectures or places of work shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to be decamped and sent out of the camp
The member shall only be allowed to come back for service by joining the next batch for the orientation exercise.

Not leave orientation camp or absent himself from any official activity without the written consent of the State Coordinator but when absent from his duties on account of illness, ensure that such absences is covered by an “Excuse Duty Certificate” issued by a medical doctor then on duty at the camp
Any member who leaves the camp without the permission from the State Coordinator shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to be decamped and sent out of camp.
The member shall only be allowed to come back for service by joining the next batch for the orientation exercise.

Not gamble within the premises.
Any member who gambles shall be reported to the police for prosecution.

Not be in possession of fire arms or ammunition
Any member who flouts this rule shall be reported to the police for prosecution.

Not smoke, chew anything whatsoever, make or answer calls, while on parade and at any other time, not smoke in a prohibited area or throw lighted cigarette butts or lighted matches about the premises carelessly.
Any member who flouts this rule shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to extra drill for thirty (30) minutes.

Not get drunk
Any member found to be drunk shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to extra drill and/or confinement to the camp rehabilitation room for thirty (30) minutes.

Not receive visitors in the camp except on Saturdays, Sundays and public Holidays.
Any member who flouts this rule shall be tried by the camp court and, if found guilty, be liable to extra drill and/or confinement to the camp rehabilitation room for thirty (30) minutes.

Wear the various uniforms provided for the activities
Any member who refuses, fails or neglects to comply with this rule shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to be decamped and sent out of the orientation camp

Not keep animal pets in camp
Any member who brings animal pets to camp shall not be registered and if already registered, shall be decamped.

Not take part in mob action
Any member who takes part in riot or mob action shall be reported to the police for prosecution.

Not steal.
Any member who steals shall be reported to the police for prosecution

Not take part in or organize night parties in camp without the written permission of the State Coordinator.
Any member who fails, refuses or neglects to comply with this rule shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to extra drill and/or confinement to the camp rehabilitation room for thirty (30) minutes.

Not be insubordinate or rude to camp officials
Any member who is rude to camp officials shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to extension of service for (30) days on half pay

Not be in possession of Hard drugs like cocaine, Indian hemp, heroine etc.
Any member who is in possession of Hard drugs shall be reported to the police for prosecution.

Not bring vehicles or motorcycles into the orientation camp.
Any member who brings vehicles or motorcycles to camp shall not be registered, and if already registered, shall be decamped
ii) Such member shall only be allowed to return to service to join the next batch in the orientation camp

Not bring forged documents for registration
Any member who brings forged document for registration shall be reported to the police for prosecution.

Any member who brings forged document for registration shall be reported to the police for prosecution.
Any member who organizes or engages in any form of secret cult activity shall be immediately suspended and the case referred to police.
Such member shall be allowed to return to service only if he is exonerated by the police investigation report.

Not address the press on any policy issue without the prior written consent of the State Coordinator.
Any member who addresses the press on any policy issue without the written consent of the State Coordinator shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to extension of service for thirty (30) days on half pay.

Are we set to Gooooooooooooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by AspDrone(m): 1:58am On May 12, 2017
oluwaVaz:
I for flog you if tosay u bi small pikin with this kind fake fake briefing.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Mustack: 2:31am On May 12, 2017
PotatoSalad:

sounds good, thanks.
Another thing, My medical fitness report says that I should be exempted from drills and activities​ that would expose me to the hot sun. can i go with long sleeves and if possible, hats. I use sunscreens o but I want full protection cos though I'll be exempted from drills, I'll still be vulnerable to getting burned based on the short clothes they wear there.
I be afin o. I no wan get sunburn cos i dey serve my country grin
there moto is under the rain and hot sun not under the shade.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by GhettoG1(m): 3:46am On May 12, 2017
Mustack:

good one... how did it take them to complete it.. mine last for less than 2h

Abeg which area for ilorin and shey na only the certificate with no test u did?? Nd at what price?? Thanks
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by uctomide(m): 4:41am On May 12, 2017
Good morning Pcm of 2017 batch A
pls I need Ur advice on an issue which a friend got while registering. Got a mssg while registering that "sorry no more available slots for deployment" but subsequent registration at the café got slots for deployment. what could be the issue here?

Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by PotatoSalad(m): 5:03am On May 12, 2017
Mustack:
there moto is under the rain and hot sun not under the shade.
my Bus is under the shade and not give a fvck
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by GhettoG1(m): 5:13am On May 12, 2017
PotatoSalad:

my Bus is under the shade and not give a fvck

Yahoo girl spotted, una no dey sleep??
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Dream2(m): 6:00am On May 12, 2017
dogoFara:

Yeah, I wish it was that easy though. But in reality all my names are english even surname except my tribal name which was excluded and it's...uhm embarassed...sha, what if I get an affidavit?

Wait...coys won't recognise a cert because of one name outta four? lipsrsealed
Affidavit? that's good,right step I must say.
I was a victim of multiple names 8years ago(NDDC schorlarship exam) and it cost me dearly.
Re: NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House by Robynwelo1(f): 6:40am On May 12, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
Hello roby, do not be perturbed. Nysc dnt av a say with acc opening, they just link u up with 1 of d numerous banks they partner, you fill their details, they open an account for you, you get the acc no, nd nysc pays ur allawee there. So, nysc doesnt give them any data. You will get a form for acc opening with d bank, u are given, u feel ur details including ur dob urself.

Oh wow! Thanks, I'm entirely grateful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (835) (Reply)

NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.