Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted (8617 Views)

1988 BMW E30 Restoration. Pics / The Honda Place Abuja Bills Man N15million To Fix A N4million Honda Civic Coupe / Strictly Bmw E30 (2) (3) (4)

Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Hey guys, greetings. ...
I'd like to know if anyone knows the whereabouts of these cars, (the bmw e30s ) in the country. If anyone knows where a neat good shaped one can be found, please post a comment let's talk.
Preferably a 2 door (coupe)...
I'll post pictures to help the description

Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Looks like I'll have to keep this thread on the first page undecided
I guess I'll do that by dropping tips about the car daily
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
The production of this particular ride began in the year 1982 and ended in the year 1993
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
Anybody seen anyone yet? ? ?

The e30 models were powered by a range of four cylinder and straight six engines. ..

I'm down for the straight six engines but if the four cylinder is at hand. .... let's talk
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by laivwire(m): 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
This car is getting really scarce. Even e30 parts. Came across a convertible e30 325 in kaduna. It's still lying in the mechs workshop. Great body but dude has changed the engine to a 1.6 or something. Still can't fix the car and doesn't want to sell.

Wish you luck, I'm on the hunt for one too
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by Lexusgs430: 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
Good examples cost an arm, leg, heart and possibly life savings...........
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by nurey(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
My friend owned the diesel version of this ride, guess he still own it. #200 naira fuel then took us places, but if fuel. Finish for that car while on a journey, you will hate yourself.

Don't blame us, we were students back then and it wasn't easy fueling cars. I think diesel was around 70 to 80 something per litre then
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 15, 2016
I have a sedan, but its 6 cyclinder tho. I guess u live in abj cus many guys in abj are inspired by darknight motorsports e30 drift cars.
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
nurey:
My friend owned the diesel version of this ride, guess he still own it. #200 naira fuel then took us places, but if fuel. Finish for that car while on a journey, you will hate yourself.

Don't blame us, we were students back then and it wasn't easy fueling cars. I think diesel was around 70 to 80 something per litre then

Hahahaha. ...but una no try o....
200 naira fuel? shocked
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
xvbill:
I have a sedan, but its 6 cyclinder tho. I guess u live in abj cus many guys in abj are inspired by darknight motorsports e30 drift cars.
Naa, I'm actually in the east. I have seen a couple too but sedans cry.
I'd really prefer a coupe.
I'm fast, sporty, racy..... but for me it's all for the love of classic German engineering
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:
I hope not o...... the recession is very real cool
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
laivwire:
This car is getting really scarce. Even e30 parts. Came across a convertible e30 325 in kaduna. It's still lying in the mechs workshop. Great body but dude has changed the engine to a 1.6 or something. Still can't fix the car and doesn't want to sell.

Wish you luck, I'm on the hunt for one too
Wow, pictures of the convertible won't be bad sir
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by laivwire(m): 6:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
BlackJo:

Perhaps when next I head there. Wanted to buy myself but owner won't sell.
I'll mention you soon
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by laivwire(m): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Not really Lexus. Few people cherish classics here and don't really know the value. With 500k I'm certain an owner can be convinced to sell his old bucket.
Only if I could export these classics to the US. Haha
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by laivwire(m): 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Not really Lexus. Few people cherish classics here and don't really know the value. With 500k I'm certain an owner can be convinced to sell his old bucket.
Only if I could expect these classics to the US. Haha
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by Lexusgs430: 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2016
laivwire:

Anyone that drives an E30 in Nigeria and maintains it to a high standard, knows the true value of the GEM they own.
But we have those that don't know, when you see the condition, you would not even open your cheque book (if the seller accepts cheques) or you would simply not bother heading to the bank or ATM machine........
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by Lexusgs430: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
laivwire:

Gas Monkey would surely be pleased..........
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
I actually saw one not long ago, but with some previous experience with restoring classic vehicles in Nigeria, I decided against buying it.
Wasn't looking too bad for an over 25year old car struggling to survive in Nigeria, but after considering sourcing for oem parts( of course importation ) in this naira predicamented time cool, I decided against it.
Wiring was history, but it started and idled nicely at a one trial
I'll post pictures of it.

But that's not to say that anyone sighed by anyone be it worse looking should be overlooked abeg.

Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
laivwire:

500k is even on the high side
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
xvbill:

Hey nice coupe version there, pls here is my number i am intrested in that coupe e30. Pls call 08167161773. Is it in abuja

That so?..... bad news is that it's at Owerri and I'm not in Owerri.
Saw it during one of my travels to that area.
But I've got someone there who can check if it's still available and maybe get the sellers number for you if you still want it.
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by laivwire(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
BlackJo:

Got some pictures today

Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by StoneColdGamer: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
These cars were heralded as the 7th wonder of the world. The E30 won awards throughout its production run from 1982 to 1992. To find one in a pretty good shape today is a pretty long shot. Best you find someone to import one from Europe if u wanna get one with some life in it. else you have to look really really really hard within the country, there could be some hidden away in garages. I came across one in April but had a smoking engine. Body was perfect with almost no major dents at all. I'm not sure if it's still around. Vehicle was in Jos - BMW 320i. Am also a big fan of the E30, even though it's a classic, I wanna drive one with with plenty of life ahead of it so am Prepping to import one

Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 12:03am On Nov 15, 2016
laivwire:

Got some pictures today
I see such and I just can't help but feel disappointed. ..
We're you able to find out why exactly it was abandoned?
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 12:08am On Nov 15, 2016
StoneColdGamer:
These cars were heralded as the 7th wonder of the world. The E30 won awards throughout its production run from 1982 to 1992. To find one in a pretty good shape today is a pretty long shot. Best you find someone to import one from Europe if u wanna get one with some life in it. else you have to look really really really hard within the country, there could be some hidden away in garages. I came across one in April but had a smoking engine. Body was perfect with almost no major dents at all. I'm not sure if it's still around. Vehicle was in Jos - BMW 320i. Am also a big fan of the E30, even though it's a classic, I wanna drive one with with plenty of life ahead of it so am Prepping to import one

Would have loved to take the importation lane. .. but one has got to cut his singlet according to his cloth man.
The Dollar isn't smiling at all.
Still hope to find one here, and please once the body is in top shape, let me worry about the engine. ..... in case you come across another one
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by StoneColdGamer: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
BlackJo:

Would have loved to take the importation lane. .. but one has got to cut his singlet according to his cloth man.
The Dollar isn't smiling at all.
Still hope to find one here, and please once the body is in top shape, let me worry about the engine. ..... in case you come across another one

Youre right Jo, I see a few adverts on OLX though, theres a white one that caught my eye. It looks like a pre-'88 model and may not have the 2.5 liter engine we so crave for, but it had all the curves of a sporty car, engine pic looked nice too and best of all its a coupe. situated at Ifako Ijaye area if its close to you, why not check it out.
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 11:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
StoneColdGamer:

Youre right Jo, I see a few adverts on OLX though, theres a white one that caught my eye. It looks like a pre-'88 model and may not have the 2.5 liter engine we so crave for, but it had all the curves of a sporty car, engine pic looked nice too and best of all its a coupe. situated at Ifako Ijaye area if its close to you, why not check it out.

How about a web link sir
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by StoneColdGamer: 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
BlackJo:

How about a web link sir

Check it out on OLX. I tried pasting the link but it keeps getting truncated. Search for BMW on the site and it should pop up on the second page. It's the only white E30 couple there
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by BlackJo(m): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2016
StoneColdGamer:

Check it out on OLX. I tried pasting the link but it keeps getting truncated. Search for BMW on the site and it should pop up on the second page. It's the only white E30 couple there
Thanks man, I've seen it but sadly it's no longer available.
I don vex tire
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by StoneColdGamer: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
BlackJo:

Thanks man, I've seen it but sadly it's no longer available.
I don vex tire

It looked cool abi? me sef i vex as i contacted the owner only to hear its no longer available. means there are hunters out there for the Bavarian masterpiece. especially with the dark knight drift craze going on. but i believe better deals will surface
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by Denn(m): 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Bmw E30 325i Coupe Wanted by Chibzee2: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Denn:
See him here

Siena's Project Volvo V70 - Snatched From The Jaws Of Death! / Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter / Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs