Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. (1408 Views)

We Need Good Artisans In Abuja, Lagos Ph & Other States / Why Are Quiet Men Taken For Granted. / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
Before NYSC taken Lagos for granted was something I never thought I'd have a review on. Of course i took for granted the beautiful places and environments I was surrounded with, oh freaking traffic....I hated it so much, the busy roads....arrrghhh, noisy markets...no way, the high rate of companies in just one state....whew Lol well I never saw anything special about all these things or being a Lagosian, because I was born, brought up and schooled in Lagos.

During NYSC, the followings came to my realization:

1. Lagos is the best state in Nigeria: Whether you like it or not, Lagos is the best state! Lagos is just the best...in terms of everything... Just name it...not really in crimes tongue

2. Lagos is never boring!!! There are so many exciting things and places around that'd keep you happy, lively or sad Lol so many places you could visit, hang out and catch some fun unlike other states...in fact you might not even find a mini restaurant in some villages.
Lagos got millions of places to hang out and catch some fun.

3. Transportation: Lagos got the best means of transportation, thank God for BRT as well....never thought I'd miss BRT this much.

4. Culture: In Lagos, you get to meet many people from different , tribes, traditions, cultures etc mixing up or getting along with people you visit in other states should never be a problem.

5. Market : The markets in Lagos are usually well equipped with all kinds of food from different tribes and the market is always open to all everyday and anytime.

6. Almost everyone is highly educated, so no time for communication problems.

7. Job opportunities: There are so many job opportunities in Lagos, this is one of the reason why Lagos is highly populated. They believe the money is in Lagos.

8. The pride of being a Lagosian: I didn't realize there was anything special about Lagos until I visited other states and saw the enviness on the faces of fellow corpers when I tell them I'm a Lagosian. Funny enough, i used to think everyone has been to Lagos, until I hear how my fellow friends talk about how they wished they could visit Lagos shocked like Lagos is a country in Europe grin mehn....

9. Lagos is where you find the influential ones.

10. Social life: The social life in Lagos is so high....you don't even need to go out to enjoy these social lives...your TV and Radio stations will bring it down to your room.

If you have lived in Lagos all your life, please kindly visit other states else you may never understand the value of being a Lagosian or living in Lagos.

I love my Lagos soooooooooo muchhhhhhh!!!!!

Eko o ni baje oooooo!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by dulux07(m): 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Yeah. most states in this country are just big for nothing, only their capitals are developed, other regions r just filled with thick forest. I wonder what their Governors are doing
The only issue i have with lagos is traffic. Aside that Lagos is next to none.
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
dulux07:
Yeah. most states in this country are just big for nothing, only their capitals are developed, other regions r just filled with thick forest. I wonder what their Governors are doing
Exactly, they only concentrate on one area, which is absolutely bad.
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Acidosis(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
dulux07:

Lagos state was made the capital city of Nigeria before Tinubu, Fashola or Ambode was born.

From 1914 to 1991 (77 years), Lagos served as the seat of power of Nigeria.

No other Nigerian state has gotten that privilege, not even Abuja.

I personally love the achievements of Lagos state. Other states can learn a thing or more from Lagos and as much as possible they need to be encouraged. It is people that builds a nation, not allocation.

If I'm made the Governor of my state, my one-point agenda would be how to bring people (especially non-indigenes) to my state. Many Governors today however are too ignorant to think in that direction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by sseunth(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
u cant compare lagos to other states. it has a water port, internation airpot, international market, headquarter of many companies etc. move all these to other states and u will see how far.

and saying some states are jst big for ntn. lagos receive more allocation frm fg than mst states because of the population. so it is not the governors fault.

like oyo state now, u can remove like two of the whole lagos state frm one of ibadan. are u telling me that the government should start cutting down the bushes and build what is nt needed?

the population is low in mst states
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:
Before NYSC taken Lagos for granted was something I never thought I'd have a review on. Of course i took for granted the beautiful places and environments I was surrounded with, oh freaking traffic....I hated it so much, the busy roads....arrrghhh, noisy markets...no way, the high rate of companies in just one state....whew Lol well I never saw anything special about all these things or being a Lagosian, because I was born, brought up and schooled in Lagos.

1. Lagos is the best state in Nigeria: Whether you like it or not, Lagos is the best state! Lagos is just the best...in terms of everything... Just name it...not really in crimes tongue

2. Lagos is never boring!!! There are so many exciting things and places around that'd keep you happy, lively or sad Lol so many places you could visit, hang out and catch some fun unlike other states...in fact you might not even find a mini restaurant in some villages.

3. Transportation: Lagos got the best means of transportation, thank God for BRT as well....never thought I'd miss BRT this much.

4. Culture: In Lagos, you get to meet many people from different , tribes, traditions, cultures etc mixing up or getting along with people you visit in other states should never be a problem.

5. Market : The markets in Lagos are usually well equipped with all kinds of food from different tribes and the market is always open to all everyday and anytime.

7. Job opportunities: There are so many job opportunities in Lagos, this is one of the reason why Lagos is highly populated. They believe the money is in Lagos.

8. The pride of being a Lagosian: I didn't realize there was anything special about Lagos until I visited other states and saw the enviness on the faces of fellow corpers when I tell them I'm a Lagosian. Funny enough, i used to think everyone has been to Lagos, until I hear how my fellow friends talk about how they wished they could visit Lagos shocked like Lagos is a country in Europe grin mehn....

10. Social life: The social life in Lagos is so high....you don't even need to go out to enjoy these social lives...your TV and Radio stations will bring it down to your room.

If you have lived in Lagos all your life, please kindly visit other states else you may never understand the value of being a Lagosian or living in Lagos.

Eko o ni baje oooooo!!!
What is the lesson in this ur post. Ur sure still a kid, lagosian indeed when ur state of origin is not Lagos, some ppl were born and bred in America, UK (if at all is anything to brag abt) and u are here forming Lagos bred abeg do another meaningful thread.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Acidosis(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
sseunth:
the population is low in mst states
No, rural-urban migration is high in most states.
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
ethene:

What is the lesson in this ur post. Ur sure still a kid, lagosian indeed when ur state of origin is not Lagos, some ppl were born and bred in America, UK (if at all is anything to brag abt) and u are here forming Lagos bred abeg do another meaningful thread.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwh hater spotted! At least I'm proud of where I come from.....are you proud of yours? tongue

1 Like

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwh hater spotted! At least I'm proud of where I come from.....are you proud of yours? tongue
I believe u are a graduate or at least an ssce holder, there is a difference btw where u come from and ur state of residence; I for one I was born and brought up in Lagos and I don't see any big deal there. Even though I may not dispute ur assertions, still the reasons u gave were too unintelligent cos the last time I know corpers were only posted to serve in one state and the way u talked it is clear that it was ur service that took u out of Lagos meaning u have never visited any other state aside Lagos and the state u served so why did u fallaciously conclude that the 34 other states and the fct would have all the bad qualities u mentioned. So grow up and be a good girl ok!

6 Likes

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
ethene:

I believe u are a graduate or at least an ssce holder, there is a difference btw where u come from and ur state of residence; I for one I was born and brought up in Lagos and I don't see any big deal there. Even though I may not dispute ur assertions, still the reasons u gave were too unintelligent cos the last time I know corpers were only posted to serve in one state and the way u talked it is clear that it was ur service that took u out of Lagos meaning u have never visited any other state aside Lagos and the state u served so why did u fallaciously conclude that the 34 other states and the fct would have all the bad qualities u mentioned. So grow up and be a good girl ok!

Awwwwwwh I see how pained you are....it's alright I'm used to your likes, so I won't bother wasting my time hitting up an argument with you. The truth is....we both know I'm right irrespective of what you post here or make yourself believe. Anyways have fun hating, its in you already. kiss
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Tallesty1(m): 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
ethene:

I stopped reading when I saw Lagos is the best whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by CzarChris(m): 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
@OP, I am so disappointed. I used to be a fan of yours, I follow very few people on nairaland, cos I chose sensible people only. Your posts here used to be engaging and intelligent, but for this particular post, it's clear something terrible has destroyed your sense of reasoning(I mean no insult). Check yourself, and retrace your steps before it's late, advice no be curse.

BTW, I just unfollowed you. I know you will care less anyway.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
CzarChris:
@OP, I am so disappointed. I used to be a fan of yours, I follow very few people on nairaland, cos I chose sensible people only. Your posts here used to be engaging and intelligent, but for this particular post, it's clear something terrible has destroyed your sense of reasoning(I mean no insult). Check yourself, and retrace your steps before it's late, advice no be curse.

BTW, I just unfollowed you. I know you will care less anyway.
Awwwwwh poor kid....thank God you know I care less! Something terrible has destroyed your brain too....get lost!
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Awwwwwh poor kid....thank God you know I care less! Something terrible has destroyed your brain too....get lost!
pay no attention. This innocent post is just being deliberately misconstrued by people. I'm not even a lagosian, but I live here..and I love lagos. leave people to say what they want.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:00am On Oct 15, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
pay no attention. This innocent post is just being deliberately misconstrued by people. I'm not even a lagosian, but I live here..and I love lagos. leave people to say what they want.
As in....reading my post all over I see no reason why it should trigger insults and hatred from some people....but of course, not every one reason with their brain these days and most people just hate or should I say beef Lagos state for no reason. Thanks a lot and I really appreciate.
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2016
Acidosis:

Lagos state was made the capital city of Nigeria before Tinubu, Fashola or Ambode was born.

I personally love the achievements of Lagos state. Other states can learn a thing or more from Lagos and as much as possible they need to be encouraged. It is people that builds a nation, not allocation.

If I'm made the Governor of my state, my one-point agenda would be how to bring people (especially non-indigenes) to my state. Many Governors today however are too ignorant to think in that direction.
your mind is working. I'm not igbo, but I love the igbos for that. They interact in every state an even most countries in the world.As evident, beforr the our independence, northern nigeria used to be like lagos of today, twas home to all.even ojukwu grew up there. the civil war destroyed our brotherhood in this nation.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Bantino(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
Kinda true
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by ElPhenomenal(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2016
You still need to travel more
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by Lero15(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Becaciabarbie how many states have you been to o?
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by wildchild1: 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
Abuja has a better transport system than Lagos, good roads, wider roads and cheap taxi

You'll also find influential ones in Abuja, it's the capital of Nigeria don't forget grin

And Abuja is also very social

2 Likes

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by dramaine(m): 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
The Op is just being attacked unjustly, there's nothing wrong with the write up, She's actually right anyway . There are things you find in Lagos you can't find them anywhere else in Nigeria excluding Abj . So that's a nice write up smiley

1 Like

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by stranger2000: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
never take anything for granted....

Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
dramaine:
The Op is just being attacked unjustly, there's nothing wrong with the write up, She's actually right anyway . There are things you find in Lagos you can't find them anywhere else in Nigeria excluding Abj . So that's a nice write up smiley
Thank you Lol they are just hating....it is very obvious.
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by qhilo(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:

Eko o ni baje oooooo!!!
This is from your own view...from mine:not everyone fits into Lagos...
Re: I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. by bussieboi(m): 7:44am On May 19, 2017
Acidosis:

Calabar was the first capital of Nigeria before it went to lagos

(1) (Reply)

A Prophet Had Told Me God Wants Me To Be A Pastor / School Advice / 6 Days To Christmas, ATM Queues Pile Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.