Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON (19933 Views)

Nigeria Slashes Crude Selling Prices To Woo Buyers / Report Suggests CBN Devalues Naira By 15% / NNPC Cuts Oil Prices To Woo Buyers- The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by symbianDON(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
man shall not live by bread alone....fried potatoes de there
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by opribo(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
You people should just leave bubu alone, he has a divine mandate to ensure that he kills all of you zombies for wasting his time for 12 good years before you allowed him to become president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Ademat7(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Appealing to the Federal Government to come to their aids, they wondered why all entreaties to the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources to safe them from loosing grip of the business, fell on deaf ears.
this part is the main point, and someone will say Agric minister shouldn't be sacked when non of his policy has mk food price cheaper nor raw materials available.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by chachanga: 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
All those deceiving themselves that things would get worse before getting better should come and explain the brand of juju dey want to use in forcing these prices back even when, if ever, the economy improves.

Especially with a senate that does not give a damn about the people and can't be bothered to pass a Commodities Price Control & Monitoring Framework for the country.

I don't need a prophet to tell me that even cassava bread will soon start forming Dumebi now. tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by mikolo80: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I want it to get worse

Afonjas never see anything

Hunger go fry their brain
how
We are farming and making money
What are you doing
Importing ba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by OlajumokeBread(f): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
mikolo80:
how
We are farming and making money
What are you doing
Importing ba?

Importing what ??

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Idrismusty97(m): 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Well it is expected. When even Garri and KuliKuli weren't spared. Biscuit wouldn't either.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
Fully concurred, I am not a practicing or a commercial baker, but their decision is welcome, I bought a sachet of Somas butter for my wife to bake chin chin at the rate of N150, I had to buy all the Simas butter at the womans shop, by the time I went back there after one week she said the price has increase to N200 per sachet. No be bakers fault joe. Na Jonathan and. Bujari's fault.
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
Fully concurred, I am not a practicing or a commercial baker, but their decision is welcome, I bought a sachet of Simas butter for my wife to bake chin chin at the rate of N150, I had to buy all the Simas butter at the womans shop, by the time I went back there after one week she said the price has increase to N200 per sachet. No be bakers fault joe. Na Jonathan and. Bujari's fault.
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Chikade(m): 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by ndcide(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
My only issue is that, some people will find a way to link this with corruption.

We really have to be separating these issues.
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by mikolo80: 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Importing what ??
whatever is making you lament.
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by pat077: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
This Buhari na bad news.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Aroh48(m): 8:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
Clementor:
If u like increase everything but dont touch Garri.
Are you not in the country? Garri make don increase tey tey.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Aroh48(m): 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Buhari is a curse.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Kaybaba5(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Buhari doesn't have goodluck

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Topshow4real: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
The best route to enter Rwanda or ivory coast abeg? Will i need international passport? This country aff tire me

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by july66: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by mixratio(m): 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
Vendoor:
long over due

15% not bad.

Not a good time for Nigerians all over.

Its well
very realistic view about the situation. Aptly said. It is well
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by petermichaels(m): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
We go just dey,dey watch. dis man go carry us go relegation. God help us.
Bt make we help ourselves first .
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by amazingspiderma: 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
AfroBlue:
@ibizgirl NL bread lovers need u again grin

dem wanna complain instead of taking action to thwart the marketplace price hike. if enough ppl baked dere own then prices would have to drop. basic economics.

Home Made Bread Recipe - Food - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1923353/home-made-bread-recipe

and who can forget this magnificent story?

There is something called economics of scale.
At what unit price would people produce bread individually, compared to the mass producing bakery.
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Truman155(m): 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
martineverest:
at d end of d day,who will lose?....the bread makers.

If the price of bread increases,the level of consumption will reduce.profits of d makers will decrease
clap for yourself and your economics teacher!
if demand reduce those dullards will still increase the fu**ing price. their profit will remain intact or even more because most of them will take advantage of the recession to exploit their customers
bread is a staple in Nigeria people must buy
I can't stop reminiscing about the good old days when bread was just 150 for big a loaf

for those that voted for buharri
you and buharri share the blame for
the blood of all those that this recession will kill
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
Biscuit when dey don already reduce the number from 4 to 3, 3 to 2; 2 to God knows how many. some of the Biscuit self na air dey inside the package. mtcheeeeeeeeew. let me come and be going jareeee.
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Origin(f): 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
We have a global recession but its only in Nigeria that prices are increasing instead of decreasing. Dear capitalist you will soon learn that nothing can pass garri or water in value. You are supposed to be strenuously reducing costs and ultimately the price you deliver to your customer. But rather you are increasing profits and still maintain so many non essential costs- .

Time will tell.

You will soon know that the customer or consumer has the greatest power. When they cannot afford it or boycott it. Anyhow sha I'm off processed foods and imported rice for the main time.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by AfroBlue(m): 1:35am On Oct 12, 2016
amazingspiderma:

There is something called economics of scale.
At what unit price would people produce bread individually, compared to the mass producing bakery.

you start talking about mass production and units of scale when you reach industrial production levels have access to home grown grains and flour, baking ingredients, clean water sources, and steady power. my comment and post is about the average family saving a few ₦ every week to counter the price increase of baking cartel.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by gmacnoms(m): 1:42am On Oct 12, 2016
Alexonliner:
lol..since wen ..bread is now 400 naira in lag o..slice bread
it bcame 450 about 2mnths ago in warri. Rose from 250 to 300 to 350 to 400 to 450... I left warri last mnth, don't no hw much now. I was always buyin 3tyms a week wen it was btwn 250 to 350. From 400, I reduced, @450 I stopped buying, because I can't imagine 1k divide into 2 ontop brd head. I regret supportin dis buhari. Fyn, God's blessings will always be with me, but the hardship is real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:39am On Oct 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
That thing you call biscuits are cookies

This is the picture of biscuit
Why are you even claiming over-sabi?With your over-sabi you should've known that cookies and biscuits are the same.The Americans say "cookies" why the Brits say "biscuits"!

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Amberon: 4:38am On Oct 12, 2016
You don't support Buhari?
Rilwayne001:
It has already gone up, unless you are implying that it will further go up. #5 biscuit now costs #15, while #200 bread is now #300 shocked all thanks to Buhari the certificateless president.

So are you saying we should expect 15% further increase
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by mizhefeh(f): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
LoveJesus87:
Lmao. Nicely dp
Tnxs
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by twentysixteen(f): 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
MAN MUST NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE; KWILI-KWILI, HERE I COME cool
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Rilwayne001: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2016
Amberon:
You don't support Buhari?

?
Re: Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON by Bankoleyemi: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
benedictnsi:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/recession-bread-biscuits-others-prices-go-15-ambcon/

The Master Bakers want to increase the price of bread and biscuit, will they also increase the salary of their bakers, drivers, table workers and salespersonels? The government is keeping quiet and not taxing this body as needed. I think these bread industries need to be checked by Nigeria Labour Congress. The AMBCON only think of their good without taking the welfare of their workers and the country along. How can these people increase the prices of their products thrice in one year? I worked in a bread industry  and I know that even if they buy one bag of flour N50,000 they will still make gains and plenty of it at that, but they dont pay their workers accordingly. Here in Delta State, Anambra, Imo etc they buy exotic cars, build the best houses at strategic places of their interests, but their workers hardly feed. The government should check these people and monitor their financial and healthy relationships with their workers. Things generally are bad, every aspect of the economy is bleeding. If you are increasing the price of your products, will you also leverage the salary and remunerations of your workers? It is only in the bread industry that other people specify how much you pay your workers. If any bakery pays higher than others, they will fine it, on the ground that if you pay workers high, they will save and start another job or start their own businesses. Their workers are not paid as at when due so that one cannot save and start another thing. They wont pay often too. End of the month payment scheme supported by the government is not for them, if they are paying at all it will be when they like, no specific date so that you wont know when your meagre salary comes and plan for it. They prefer to lend their workers money to bury their loved ones, you dare not tell them to lend you some money to pay your kids school fees or buy a motorcycle, other tangible things, they wont give you. They prefer to lend for burial so that the money will not do a tangible thing for you, paying the money for years and being a slave to them while working to pay back. Any bakery that is not registered with them, but registered with NAFDAC etc, is better not been in business because you cant operate. 

NAFDAC and other health sectors should constantly monitor these bread industries as some of them are still preserving their products with bromate and other hazardous substances. How constantly do you check the environment, health status of the bakers, do you know that some of the bakers have tuberculosis and other contagious diseases, yet they are employed? The ones (tuberculosis infected workers) that cannot do hard jobs are allowed to wrap bread and parking. The wrapping of bread involves blowing (spiting saliva partially) into the nylon so that it will open. Does the government check or organize a workshop for these bread workers (not AMBCON) so they can be well acquainted with the best health related practices required by their job, thereby knowing how good or bad they are treated. They can not form Bakery Workers Union because their employers AMBCON of course, will do everything possible to frustrate the union knowing how positively it will leverage them. How good is it that whenever you want to come for inspections, you firstly notify them so that they will arrange an envelop for you instead of going impromptu? How often do you check their vehicles to ensure they don't convey naked breads, with flies and insects infected before getting to the market? How  closely do you check the kind of vehicle they use to convey the products? Some of the vehicles are better compared with sewage, trash/garbage bins than called motors and they are used to carry naked breads, capable of causing cancer, tuberculosis and other diseases?  How does the government checkmate all these actions, sanctions where necessary?

I am stating all these here so that the government and appropriate quarters will be notified as the lives of people, their well-being are involved. To increase the prices of your products is not a crime, but will you increase the salary of your workers, adhere to health policies and directives as enshrined in the act of companies and allied matters?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government / Pls How Reliable Is MMM Nigeria / 6 Sure Ways To Earn Passive Income In Nigeria - Nigerianonlinebusiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.