Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Globe Motors And Etb Loan: Case Study Of Policing Gone Wrong - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Globe Motors And Etb Loan: Case Study Of Policing Gone Wrong (706 Views)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / An Interview With Dangote. -a Case Study Of An Entreprenuer / Electric Motors And Other Fairly Used Industrial Goods For Sale ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Globe Motors And Etb Loan: Case Study Of Policing Gone Wrong by Jeffreyese: 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2009
It is common knowledge that perversion abounds in the Nigerian system. And by system, I mean everything that makes Nigeria work, especially the core, government, police, news media, banking, civil service (this one is really messed up), and then the anti-fraud. Every attempt by a visionary to bring sanity to any sector is made into a joke by persons who seek gain even in disease. Persons who will always find a way to benefit from any situation even if they have to create it.

Take the EFCC for instance. A noble idea by the Obasanjo administration, when they sought to impress Nigeria's creditors in Europe and America, while checking the excesses of their fellow political vandals. The vision was to change the way business is run in the system by putting checks and deep level operational scrutiny where it was lacked. Then enter the dragons. Men who can turn wine into vinegar. Them who can preach to a saint and make him swear allegiance to the devil. I personally know of a few EFCC operatives who live life large, well above their means. I mean why talk of fighting corruption when the only intent is to find a way to milk the bad guy. They chase after the big fishes in fraud for the soul intent of getting paid. This only makes the fraudsters increase their looting to cover up for the rise in business costs.

Meanwhile, the media which is meant to be the conscience of society is sleeping with the enemy. Stories are paid for. Okay, fine, if you will collect money to tell a story, at least do it when its true. They are definitely worse than the government official who steals money with his pen. They do the same, while misleading the society.

Another watchdog was initiated recently. None other than the CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi. I wonder why most, if not all, effective watchdogs throughout Nigeria's history have been northerners. Buhari, Maruwa, El Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu to mention the few that come to mind. A brilliant banking sector sweep. Laudable attempt to expose the filth that is called banking in Nigeria. I remember when Fountain Trust Bank still existed. Information from an inside IT staff made me know that the then chairman was the worst debtor. Maybe not the biggest, but the worst. His account balance when he tried to be a decent board member was at best -N600,000,000 falling sometimes to -N2,000,000 at the time. Loans to friends, family members and associates were easy as a handshake. An outsider needed to have collateral of impossible value to get a loan.

But again we see the evil skimmers at work. This sweep has now become an excuse and a tool to weaken all sponsors of opposing political parties. It has given rise to human rights abuses and threats. The media now recklessly publish information that was shoved down their throat either because the Ghana-must-go (abi na Nigeria-corrupt) was sizable to ignore or the favors that come from dealing with the devil was worth the shame. Examples of such bad judgments abound. A lot of the persons accused of having taken non-performing loans were maliciously implicated. A lot of these companies have gone to the same media houses to get their own end of the story out. One such is Globe motors. The publication by the firm puts up evidence that an earlier publication about them was bogus and unverified. There are numerous examples, but as always, the games have begun, and we sit as spectators as men skim. The outcome is what we wait to see.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Business Ideas Or Want To Know About Stock Market? / Ex-bank Md Dies In Hotel Room / Creache And Baby Seating School. (advice Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.