Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo (430 Views)

James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison / "This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo by DONSMITH123(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday disclosed how Germany worked the diplomatic channel to ensure his release from jail under the military regime of late Head of State, General Sani Abacha.

The former President was speaking at the 40th anniversary of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, a German non-governmental organisation, NGO, in Nigeria, held at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre in Abuja.

Obasanjo recalled how the organization was among those that fought for his freedom, adding that it bestowed on him a Human Rights award received on his behalf by his late wife, Stella.

He said, “I was arrested, put in jail. I would have rotten away, but Friedrich Ebert Stiftung embarked on vigorous campaign towards my release. For me and my family, we shall remain grateful to them.”

The former president, who also ruled Nigeria as a military Head of State, was the chairman of the event, where he noted that the relationship between Germany and Nigeria had come a long way and has continued to grow.

He added, “Nigeria and Germany’s relationship has come a long way. It has gone well in the interest of both countries. Nigeria feels good with the relationship with Germany.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/11/germany-fought-freedom-abachas-jail-obasanjo/

Re: How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo by stephnie1(f): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
ok na
Re: How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo by fiizznation: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
I like obasanjo for some reasons. The man cleared our debt and he ran the nation very well even when oil was sold below $50 pb. Good president he was.

Re: How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo by Tunami(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
Arab paparazi.
Re: How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo by SweetLove0(f): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo by Young03(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
why is he telling us

make we go Germany thank them or what
Re: How Germany Fought For My Freedom From Abacha’s Jail – Obasanjo by Young03(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
why is he telling us

make we go Germany thank them or what

(1) (Reply)

PDP Cleans Douglas Owerri Imo State / $13.9bn Transfer: Senate Summons MTN, Banks / Ben Bruce Mock Buhari For Saying His Wife Belong To Kitchen (see What He Did)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.