Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers (6547 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / Economy: Recession Will End Soon, Buhari Tells Nigerians / Don’t Glamourise Sexual Vulgarity In Your Movies, Buhari Tells Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
The president said a lot of truth but the stupid Op and journalist will rather craft a headline that hides the truth knowing that most Nigerians with internet devices are morons who don't read before commenting. I fear una

1 Like

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Cjrane2: 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
C'mon shatap !
What have you done for Nollywood? We don't watch Kannywood and abooki doesn't watch Nollywood

Better talk to abooki Kannywood that you have been supporting and that have separate themselves from the south and is their trademark.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by naijaking1: 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
I said Buhari will ban Nollywood last year.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by meccuno: 12:17am On Oct 12, 2016
TsaTrinity:
There's noting bad about what PMB has said. he's saying the main focus of producing a movie is to promote our culture and values. I support him on that.....some films culd be annoying sha.. no moral lesson
any thing the North touches dies naturally. Tell me who in his or her right senses watches NTA? The station looks islamic. Why in the world do I want to know how to make kunu? But that's what's shown on that God forsaken channel.....

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by flamingREED(m): 1:53am On Oct 12, 2016
No one going to holy heaven regards sinful nollywood.

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by amjoseph19: 5:39am On Oct 12, 2016
[/b]
isbish:
The way some people are insulting Buhari over the comment makes me wonder if Christianity in its real and ideal sense approves of the kissing and touching in movies. Christianity or Islam, kissing and touching is bad. I agree the western culture of doing movies have affected our morals but guys, what Buhari said is it bad?
Being Christian does it means that we must be a religion fanatic??

Christianity is by choice, it have never been by force. That's where the difference between islam and Christianity.

Ane further more, Christianity acknowledges presence of other norms and believe. There is an atheist who might like those stuff, why ban it just because we are the majority? We are not oppressors unlike a certain religion of piss.[b]

[code][/code]you got the message??

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by shininglite(m): 7:38am On Oct 12, 2016
limeta:
Buhari form yr own mallamwood

chai hehehehe..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by lady2sexy(f): 8:04am On Oct 12, 2016
Martins301:
The president said a lot of truth but the stupid Op and journalist will rather craft a headline that hides the truth knowing that most Nigerians with internet devices are morons who don't read before commenting. I fear una

shove your little opinion in your shitty @ss hole. when have I become the leadership editor hu sad

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by PentiumProf: 8:35am On Oct 12, 2016
flamingREED:
No one going to holy heaven regards sinful nollywood.

No one going to heaven purposely destroys people's farmland kills the owners of the farmland who protests orders solders to kill armless protesters kills people in the name of religion
The list goes on and on

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by flamingREED(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2016
PentiumProf:

No one going to heaven purposely destroys people's farmland kills the owners of the farmland who protests orders solders to kill armless protesters kills people in the name of religion
The list goes on and on

You're right

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by chernest2002: 9:56am On Oct 12, 2016
Very soon buhari will start to arrest anyone who touch and kiss in the nollywood after all Nigeria belongs to oic. Sharia loading. ..

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by DonphilopusGuy: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2016
EternalTruths:

I thought you are Buhari's fan

pls correct me if I am wrong

The Buhari fan we know is PentiumPro; this other 'Pentiumprof' with 'F' is Aba-made.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by jimi4us: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2016
TsaTrinity:
There's noting bad about what PMB has said. he's saying the main focus of producing a movie is to promote our culture and values. I support him on that.....some films culd be annoying sha.. no moral lesson
Islamic values. Can we also shoot movies on how to blow people up with Quran in their hands?
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by jimi4us: 10:42am On Oct 12, 2016
isbish:
The way some people are insulting Buhari over the comment makes me wonder if Christianity in its real and ideal sense approves of the kissing and touching in movies. Christianity or Islam, kissing and touching is bad. I agree the western culture of doing movies have affected our morals but guys, what Buhari said is it bad?
even if buhari shoot thiefnubuu today, as a zombie you will say it's good.
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 12, 2016
lady2sexy:

shove your little opinion in your shitty @ss hole. when have I become the leadership editor hu sad

If not for that asset wey dey your behind now I would have taken you to d cleaners. I'll just let ur venomous comment slide as a gentleman
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by jesuspikinjp(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
but he did not mind receiving bj from Aisha when she was only 14 or 12. what a hypocrite
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Fidelismaria: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
well

I kinda agree with dis ideology not because of any moral or spiritual wateva but because nollywood sex scenes re disgusting and not appealing to watch especially d Yoruba sex scene

its an eyesore

if dey can't do it right lyk dere western counterparts den let dem stop d damn tin

I find it hard to watch such nonsense acting

improve or stop

shikena
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by akankemi1(f): 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
STUPID STATEMENT
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by abdulwastecx(m): 11:20am On Oct 13, 2016
TsaTrinity:

What culture are you talking about?
The culture imported by middle easterner (Christianity and islam)?
The culture of intolerance?

Holywood us the best movie industry I'm the world and I have never see Obama telling them what to do.

Movie is an expression of what the people want, think and how people want to leave and should never be interfere with. What has religion done to help us out of poverty.

Buhari is need to focus more on nation building

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by crimeboss: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2016
Originalsly:
What exactly did he say that is wrong? In fact, what he is saying now is what GEJ should have said when Nollywood movies were selling like hot cakes abroad.... hot because useful of the exact reasons he mentioned.... and Nollywood flopped big time abroad..in fact is dead abroad because of the same reasons he mentioned. ..turned to sex and violence...imitating Hollywood. It would now take a miracle to resurrect the dead.
i don't watch Nigerian movies, since its my opinion their films are the same story but a little twist, more like i'm seeing the whole thing over again, we are in a secular country u choose what u like so far it doesn't disturb others, since turned 32, i stop watching obscene films just thought itvwas good for young guys.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by LordIsaac(m): 11:53am On Oct 13, 2016
I am ashamed of the so-called christians...your righteousness has not even exceeded that of the Pharisees...as they are even teaching thrm how to conduct themselves. If Christ comes today, will he find faith on the earth? God help us!
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Scholes007(m): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
LordIsaac:
I am ashamed of the so-called christians...your righteousness has not even exceeded that of the Pharisees...as they are even teaching thrm how to conduct themselves. If Christ comes today, will he find faith on the earth? God help us!

My friend You should know that Nigeria is made up of many form of believe so no believe should be favoured above another.
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by LordIsaac(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
Scholes007:
My friend You should know that Nigeria is made up of many form of believe so no believe should be favoured above another.
Mass immorality and moral decadence is one of your belief system?
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Scholes007(m): 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
LordIsaac:

Mass immorality and moral decadence is one of your belief system?
that depends on your definition of moral decadence.
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by LordIsaac(m): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
I
Scholes007:
that depends on your definition of moral decadence.
I stand with Mr. President's definition on this.
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2016
abdulwastecx:

What culture are you talking about?
The culture imported by middle easterner (Christianity and islam)?
The culture of intolerance?

Holywood us the best movie industry I'm the world and I have never see Obama telling them what to do.

Movie is an expression of what the people want, think and how people want to leave and should never be interfere with. What has religion done to help us out of poverty.

Buhari is need to focus more on nation building

OMG! am shocked at your comment. Never you compare us with the Americans and thank God you said Buhari's focus should be nation building and you think Nollywood ain't contributing? so if they are digressing from their focus, the president can't put them on track? all of us in this nation need wisdom to think before talking or doing things
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
jimi4us:
Islamic values. Can we also shoot movies on how to blow people up with Quran in their hands?

Why should we do that for Christ sake.......all am saying is produce something that promotes peace, unity, cultural values, decency.....not the rubbish we see nowadays. even if it involves sexual activities, let there be more valuable lessons taught
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
meccuno:
any thing the North touches dies naturally. Tell me who in his or her right senses watches NTA? The station looks islamic. Why in the world do I want to know how to make kunu? But that's what's shown on that God forsaken channel.....

Lol....bros, ur digressing from the main topic but I support your talk. NTA's case is just in God's hand. I know how to make masa bcoz of NTA grin
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by Kulas: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
Buhari is right in this one.I support him
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by jayrule(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
Buhari was quoted to have said: “The Nigerian film industry that is now called Nollywood, in the fashion of the American, Hollywood and Indian, Bollywood started as the effort of a group of enterprising young men and women who traded on their talents and sheer determination without anyone paying attention.

“It has now metamorphosed into a big industry employing thousands of people, contributing to the national Gross Domestic Product and empowering a new generation of creative entrepreneurs.”

“Our government will continue to support the creative sectors of its economy so as to encourage our teeming youths while we enjoin our filmmakers to continue to project the image of Nigeria and the continent of Africa in a positive way through their story lines. Filmmakers should not make films for art sake. Films should be functional and socially relevant.”
Films should be functional and socially relevant: Promote a positive social character; not gangsterism, prostitution, and all forms of evil.

“Filmmakers, whether local or those who come here to use our facilities, must however be sensitive to our cultures and religions. They must not glamourise violence or sexual vulgarity in all their forms. They must not promote racism or ethnic superiority or demonise any religion or culture."
As explained above, Nollywood shouldn't be the medium to promote prostitution, sexual violence e.t.c. Even if a storyline involving rape must be involved, the producer can sought for other means to portray that. Not display it and in fact, show ways to engage in sexual violence and escape being punished by the law! Well, Hollywood have not been seen to promote racism nor demonize other religions. But Hollywood have demonized cultures, however, for the best; like issues of human sacrifice, facial mutilations, e.t.c.

“I want to see more films that celebrate our diversity, films that celebrate the achievements of our people, films that promote social causes of right to education, films that tells us the evil of domestic violence against men and women, films that inspire hope and faith in our country and humanity in general. I am confident that Nollywood would go from strength to strength"
This one here explains everything! We need movies to educate us. Movies can serve as source of education. It can help eradicate both ignorance and illiteracy level. Well, these films should lecture against minor-marriage, forced sex with minors under the pretence of religious and traditional obligation. We need movies that will inspire the Youths to be hardworking. Films that will help to seriously criticize gangsterism, cultism, drug trafficking, cyber crimes, armed robbery, immoral sex (pre marital sex which even preteens engage in! This world is bleeped! In Nigeria today, you will see a 13 year old with child! It not funny! Most teenagers die like animals all in the name of lordship and cultism. At 11, an average Nigerian girl is already engaging in pre marital sex or preparing herself to engage in it. Every child today talks about sex. They are no more talking about achieving something great for their future.)

Nigerian Youths be reading with sentiments! Receive sense.
Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by SycophanticGoat: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
isbish:

Bleep your Buhari and his stewpid advise. You Nigerians always claim to be religious but on a general note, commit more crimes than citizens of countries with large number of atheists. I'm not an atheist but rather than follow a stewpid and demonic president that endorses extra judicial killings while making nepotism and religious bigotry his watchword, I prefer to denounce religion.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kissing And Touching In Your Movies | Buhari Tells Nollywood Filmmakers by chigoizie7(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
I don't know how true this story is,

Let's assume, it is true.

Was this not the same president that went live on international TV and call NIGERIANS "FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT"?

This man is a 2 edged sword, and can't be trusted with the affairs of this nation.

No wonder all these policies and counter policies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki / BREAKING!!!! House Of Reps Member, Hon. Ossy Prestige Reportedly Dead / Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.