Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) (708 Views)

Cyclone Hits Mozambique And Zimbabwe, 100 People Dead, 200 Missing / Saudi Arabia Investigates Woman Who Wore Miniskirt In Public (picture/video) / Woman Who Went Unclad In Protest For Zambian Opposition Leader Jailed. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by tyokunbo(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
A thirty-six-year-old Zimbabwe woman, Mrs Precious Nyathi ,who is said to have given birth to a frog as a result of witchcraft has shared her story.

It was an incident that left tongues wagging in Gokwe, Zimbabwe, as she gave birth to a frog-like creature, after she suddenly went into labour at home.

The lady who was eight months pregnant passed out soon after giving birth to the scary thing. Her husband took her to Gokwe District Hospital, where the creature later died.

SOURCE: https://abiolaadetokunbo./2016/10/11/meet-the-zimbabwe-woman-who-gave-birth-to-a-frog-after-she-was-bewitched/

Here is her photo.

Re: Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by maxti: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
Where is da frog?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by tyokunbo(m): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
But the broken couple of Mr. Nomore (39) and Mrs. Nyathi, expecting their first child together, kept the frog in their bedroom for some days, before villagers tipped the local traditional leader, who ordered that it be burnt before a stunned crowd.

The incident which is now the talk of Gokwe occurred last Thursday at Sidojiwe Village under Chief Njelele.

An official at Gokwe District Hospital said Mrs Nyathi was registered with the hospital as an expectant mother and was supposed to deliver by the end of this month.

“She was our patient who would come for routine reviews together with other pregnant women. We were shocked when she visited the hospital in the company of her husband and some neighbours saying she had delivered a frog,” said the official.

The official who cannot be named for professional reasons said they only gave Mrs Nyathi painkillers before they discharged her.

“She only had some blood stains which suggested that she could have been in labour but everything on her was normal,” said the official.
Meanwhile, reporters visited Chief Njelele’s homestead, where the distraught couple brought the alleged frog before a shaken crowd that had gathered to see it.

A self-proclaimed prophet in the community took it upon himself to burn the creature, shrivelled and dried up. He alleged that a jealous neighbour had bewitched the couple.

In an interview, Mr Nyathi said they have been holding on to their “child” because they were still confused and did not know what to do with it.
“We were all confused following this hellish experience and until today I don’t have peace of mind. We were expecting a child and this is what the heavens gave us. I had to keep it in my home waiting for advice from the village elders as well as our local chief,” Mr Nyathi sobbed.
He said he received a phone call from a neighbour informing him his wife had suddenly gone into labour but had given birth to “a strange thing.”
“I rushed home and was shocked to see a frog. The elderly women I found gathered at my homestead said it was what my wife had just delivered.

She was still writhing in pain and we had to take her to the hospital in a scotch cart. At the hospital they confirmed that she went into labour but they were equally shocked that the result of her labour pain was a frog,” said Mr Nyathi.

Mrs. Nyathi said she was still in a state of shock and the experience will haunt her for the whole of her life.

“It’s a hellish experience which will haunt me all my life. I don’t know how our traditional leader will help us on this one because the hospital authorities could not give us any explanation to this,” said Mrs. Nyathi who has two children from a previous marriage.

Chief Njelele said there were many weird things that occurred in Gokwe but a woman giving birth to a frog was extremely strange.
“It’s stranger than fiction. I had to call hospital authorities and they indeed confirmed that she was one of their pregnant patients who regularly visited the hospital for reviews but they could not explain what happened to her pregnancy,” he said.

SOURCE:https://abiolaadetokunbo./2016/10/11/meet-the-zimbabwe-woman-who-gave-birth-to-a-frog-after-she-was-bewitched/
Re: Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
Why we no go ever get sense for this country be say anything we read we go quickly assume say e happen! This guy sef u fit lie make satan believe you......May u never receive sense!
Re: Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by tyokunbo(m): 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
This story dey for everywhere for Zimbabwe and South Africa. See this link:

http://www.herald.co.zw/woman-gives-birth-to-frog/
Re: Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by konjinus(m): 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Na wash Abeg
Re: Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by tyokunbo(m): 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
No bi wash. I stand by this story. Check the links. For the past two days, people dey talk about am.
Re: Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
It must be a malformed fetus. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Four Women Accuse Donald Trump Of Forcibly Groping, Kissing Them (photos) / Anyone Preparing For Us-russia War? / ISIS Leader Calls For American Muslim Voters To Support Hillary Clinton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.