Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,363 members, 7,868,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Microsoft Exchange - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Exchange (595 Views)

Microsoft Exchange Server / How To Install The Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 / Microsoft Exchange, Outlook And Webmail Palaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Exchange by prettyG: 2:58am On Oct 20, 2009
Hello people I administer a mailing list that routes through an exchange server. But it causes the server to get flooded. Is there a way I can send mails from the same domain without them passing through the exchange server?
Re: Microsoft Exchange by mikesleek(m): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
Well, as little as i know, all your mails from the same domain must go through the exchnage server, but before we proceed with that, the mailing list, is it local or internet based. There is a walkaround, but that would entail reconfiguring your exchnage and internal and external DNS. This has to do with you changing the domain name of the organisation but re-appending it in exchnage, reason for doing this? It's to allow you buy mail box space on a third party mail server and send through it, so those ones worry about the bottle neck.

But you can handle it if you take the questions below,

The first question is what i am asking last, what is the config of the server in question
which of the exchange are you running?
What is ur budget?

With that we know what path is best for you.
Re: Microsoft Exchange by DoubleN(m): 2:31am On Oct 21, 2009
mikesleek:

Well, as little as i know, all your mails from the same domain must go through the exchnage server, but before we proceed with that, the mailing list, is it local or internet based. There is a walkaround, but that would entail reconfiguring your exchnage and internal and external DNS. This has to do with you changing the domain name of the organisation but re-appending it in exchnage, reason for doing this? It's to allow you buy mail box space on a third party mail server and send through it, so those ones worry about the bottle neck.

But you can handle it if you take the questions below,

The first question is what i am asking last, what is the config of the server in question
which of the exchange are you running?

What is your budget?

With that we know what path is best for you.

Very good question.
Re: Microsoft Exchange by mikkyphp(m): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2009
OGa mi, i want to believe your mailing list constitute email addresses outside of your domain. if yes, then you could spoof the sending address while routing thru' a mail relay not neccessarily in your office.

(1) (Reply)

When U Open A Website? / valto / 5 Simple Ways To Increase Your Computer Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.