Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

How Do I Block These Junk Mails - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Block These Junk Mails (580 Views)

Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail! / How Do I Block Some Websites And Chat Engine E.g. Yahoo Messenger, Skype Etc / Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Block These Junk Mails by Oluti(m): 4:05am On Nov 02, 2009
I receive tens of junk mails which I delete everyday. Many of them are downright stupid. I don't know how the writers of these mails thinks we would fall for many of their hare-brain offers. Initially I used to be amused at the stupidity of these writers but of late, I am angry as these mails increases everyday. Does anyone have any idea how I can stop these stupid mails from getting into my mail boxes. I have four mail addresses because of the antics of these irritating scammers. I still receive their idiotic mails in all my mail boxes. I am fed up.
Re: How Do I Block These Junk Mails by cystein(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2009
Hi,

These are some of the disadvantages of using free mails such as yahoo. Invest in a $4.00 email@yourself.com and you will never have such problems. Check out www.jokafrica.net
Re: How Do I Block These Junk Mails by AKO1(m): 11:56am On Nov 03, 2009
Some of the have an unsubscribe button at the bottom (as if you subscribed in the first place). You can try that.

Alternatively if the junk mails do not find its way into your inbox, you don't have to read them. If they do, then you're probably registered to too many forums, etc.
Re: How Do I Block These Junk Mails by alhajiy2k(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2009
I advice u start reporting em as spam. U have 2 b patient in doing that as its a continuous process. But itll reduce 2 d barest minimum.
Re: How Do I Block These Junk Mails by Oluti(m): 6:16am On Nov 07, 2009
I thank you all for your advice. I'll try some of them most especially the$4 mail services. I think you are right that I have subscribed to too many services. I think I've now learnt my lessons.
Re: How Do I Block These Junk Mails by iice(f): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
Yahoo and hotmail get alot of spam undecided

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Laptop For Just #15,000! / Help Me On How To Make Screenshots . / Content Advisor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.