Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Jesus Teachings On Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Teachings On Prayer (511 Views)

1 Corinthians (Paul's teachings on circumcision & others) / Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Teachings On Prayer by rexben(m): 8:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Matt 6:7-8.
Repeating a request most time is due to lack of believe - doubt.
When there's doubt, it is either you don't believe the capability of God to answer you or you're asking what He never promised to give to you.
Praying, "God provide clothes for me, pls provide clothes for me, I need clothes O Lord" is what Jesus called vain repetition. Why not say,God give me money? Why hammer on it, when you know that the person you're talking to is not deaf nor wicked.
For the unconverted pursue these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Matt 6:32
Re: Jesus Teachings On Prayer by ola2tu: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
this is my opinion, I think (strongly) that the Bible has been largely adulterated. for how can the old testament say A and the new testament says B, destroy and kill them, children and women and old people included. the other part says love all of them. my submission is what we read are not "really" God's word . God has been wrongly portrayed in the Bible to assassinate his "character". it's either we are been fooled, or God never said all those statements, or if he said it , then, he's not the true living God, or he said A and B was typed into the Bible or the Bible itself is a total fraud ! in all the above, I don't know for sure which is fills the gap correctly
Re: Jesus Teachings On Prayer by rexben(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
ola2tu:
this is my opinion, I think (strongly) that the Bible has been largely adulterated. for how can the old testament say A and the new testament says B, destroy and kill them, children and women and old people included. the other part says love all of them. my submission is what we read are not "really" God's word . God has been wrongly portrayed in the Bible to assassinate his "character". it's either we are been fooled, or God never said all those statements, or if he said it , then, he's not the true living God, or he said A and B was typed into the Bible or the Bible itself is a total fraud ! in all the above, I don't know for sure which is fills the gap correctly
You are absolutely correct, what they call the word of God is not the word of God. The bible contradicts itself everywhere
Re: Jesus Teachings On Prayer by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Mar 08
rexben:
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Matt 6:7-8.
Repeating a request most time is due to lack of believe - doubt.
When there's doubt, it is either you don't believe the capability of God to answer you or you're asking what He never promised to give to you.
■ Praying, "God provide clothes for me, pls provide clothes for me, I need clothes O Lord" is what Jesus called vain repetition. Why not say,God give me money? Why hammer on it, when you know that the person you're talking to is not deaf nor wicked.
For the unconverted pursue these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Matt 6:32
Not doubt but disobedience aka Sin! So, whenever your church pastors, mogs, and members pray in the open, your many prayers, you sin against God. Same as when you pray your many prayer points aloud and repeatedly. lipsrsealed

2. You are not paying attention at all to what those verses in fact say. undecided
Re: Jesus Teachings On Prayer by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Mar 18
ola2tu:
this is my opinion, I think (strongly) that t[b]he Bible has been largely adulterated. for how can the old testament say A and the new testament says B, destroy and kill them, children and women and old people included. the other part says love all of them. my submission is what we read are not "really" God's word [/b]. God has been wrongly portrayed in the Bible to assassinate his "character". it's either we are been fooled, or God never said all those statements, or if he said it , then, he's not the true living God, or he said A and B was typed into the Bible or the Bible itself is a total fraud ! in all the above, I don't know for sure which is fills the gap correctly
You speak instead out of ignorance of what is presented in the book. Ignorance does not serve as evidence by the way for your claim that the book has been largely adultered. Present evidence for this assertion abeg makes we get idea wetin you dey talk. undecided
Re: Jesus Teachings On Prayer by LIVINGICONREBOR: 11:21pm On Mar 18
@kobojunkie, you keep on reviving "old" threads. Are you that stupid and jobless? Damn!! You are one hell of a nutcase.

(1) (Reply)

See The Hell's Cafe In Paris (photos) / Almighty God Is Our Everlasting Light / Share Your Supernatural Encounter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.