Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) (899 Views)

FRSC Official Batters His Wife Who Is A Road Safety Officer. Photo / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Trader In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 7 In Kaduna Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by finally1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
Report by crime reporter Sunday Odita. Read
below...

Nigerian Army personnel last Saturday beat
the living daylights out of a computer
salesman, Maxwell Nwosu at Ikeja. The Army
personnel identified simply as Lieutenant
Adeniji was allegedly hired to by Nwosu’s
customer who bought a computer keyboard
one month ago.

The Keyboard was said to have developed a
fault, prompting the customer to contact the
army personnel who followed him to the shop.
The military personnel had pounced on the
computer salesman and allegedly beat him to
coma.

Narrating what transpired, Nwosu said: “Last
Saturday at about 3:00pm, some group of
soldiers, one claimed to be Lt. Adeniji, a
resident of block 22 Ikeja cantonment is the
chief perpetrator of this reckless misuse of
office. “It will amaze you to know that this
started purely as a civil matter between my
brother and a customer who felt insulted and
called his soldier brothers (all in mufti).

This issue was reported at a nearby police
post and it was resolved peacefully even
though we felt unfairly treated. To everyone's
surprise, this men went back only to return
with three other soldiers on uniform. The
soldiers embarked on a beating spree. Myself
and a customer who pleaded on my behalf
were beaten to stupor and thrown into the
gutter to roll in it. As I speak with you, I am
still taking treatments and the other man’s
condition is in bad shape in the hospital
because of the injuries we sustained.
A lot of laptops and other valuables were
destroyed in my office and my phone was
smashed by one of the soldiers when he saw
me making call. “One of the soldiers who was
flagging something that looks like a knife
threatened to stab my brother when they come
back on Monday or anytime soon. Our office
is now in total mess and our lives in danger
all because of an of argument between
civilians. “It would interest you to know that
this has become a habit by soldiers from Ikeja
cantonment who are often used by friends and
relatives to cause serious havoc and
unnecessary tension amongst civilians.
Today most of my customers who saw how I
was ruthlessly assaulted before the public
think I am a criminal.

“This is reckless abuse of uniform and show of
impunity. Please I have so much faith in the
army disciplinary unit, and do believe that by
the time this matter is being investigated, the
officers involved would be punished and be
meant to pay for whatever they have
destroyed out of their misconduct.
“This would serve as a deterrent to people who
bring bad names to our institutions. Picture
evidences are with me for more on this. The
media should help me.”

He said. Army
spokesman in Lagos, Lieutenant Colonel
Samuel Kingsley noted that the issue has not
been brought to the notice of the Nigerian
Army 81 Division. Spokesman of 9 Brigade,
Nigerian Army, Ikeja, Major Wale Badamosi
told The Guardian on telephone that he has
directed the complainant on how to go about
the matter. His words: “Someone called me
yesterday on this matter and I advised him
how to go about it.”
mynd44

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/10/army-personnel-batters-trader-in.html?m=1

Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by freesinzu(m): 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Nigerian army fear them, defy them at your peril.
Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by Zdoh(m): 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
Good for you the evil some of you traders at computer village do to buyers is much.You will see somebody who hustle to get his/her money and want to have a taste of good phone or system and you take advantage of them.Some of them even dump or cheat you with confidence knowing fully well that no matter how far you go with them there you can never win.

1 Like

Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by psucc(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
A keyboard of N1500 could lead to the spilling of human blood.

And to add to that, the keyboard is a family used one in which case it may not carry any guarantee.

In fact if this should have been the order, our dear Acunon for NL for don die reach 10,000+times.
Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 12, 2016
The problems with Nigerians is that they scare of uniform men too much. Some will just stand there allow themselves to be beaten black and blue even when they have the strength to teach the uniform man unforgettable lesson for violating their right. Don't stay there and allow them to break your ear drum or eyes! If you don't want to confront them, run. The army themselves know that it is illegal to go for an arrest in a place of the police, most of these their moves are without the consent of their authority. I had a similar case; my was inside the army barrack, a WO2 slapped me for no apparent reason, trust me, I didn't allow his hand reached down before I wired my own slap instantly. They gathered and beat me up, took me to guardroom! I spent 3 days, they released me! The sky did not fell.

#Say No to Army Brutality

Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by ArabMopol(m): 5:24am On Oct 12, 2016
Zdoh:
Good for you the evil some of you traders at computer village do to buyers is much.You will see somebody who hustle to get his/her money and want to have a taste of good phone or system and you take advantage of them.Some of them even dump or cheat you with confidence knowing fully well that no matter how far you go with them there you can never win.
because u want cheaper article, u want to rock iPhone 7 with 30k...
Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by ArabMopol(m): 5:27am On Oct 12, 2016
Daniel1990:
The problems with Nigerians is that they scare of uniform men too much. Some will just stand there allow themselves to be beaten black and blue even when they have the strength to teach the uniform man unforgettable lesson for violating their right. Don't stay there and allow them to break your ear drum or eyes! If you don't want to confront them, run. The army themselves know that it is illegal to go for an arrest in a place of the police, most of these their moves are without the consent of their authority. I had a similar case; my was inside the army barrack, a WO2 slapped me for no apparent reason, trust me, I didn't allow his hand reached down before I wired my own slap instantly. They gathered and beat me up, took me to guardroom! I spent 3 days, they released me! The sky did not fell.

#Say No to Army Brutality

No 7 on 1000 way to die in Nigeria....
Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by Zdoh(m): 8:19am On Oct 12, 2016
ArabMopol:
because u want cheaper article, u want to rock iPhone 7 with 30k...
I am not foolish....Army come i don catch one of them.
Re: Army Personnel Batters Trader In Computer Village (photos) by ArabMopol(m): 8:34am On Oct 12, 2016
Zdoh:
I am not foolish....Army come i don catch one of them.
buying cheaper stolen phones from black market will lead u in much bigger problem one day... karma nah olosho

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Gang Brutally Murder 4-year-old Girl After Parents Failed To Pay Ransom / A Must Read For Every Lady!(true Life Story) / Army Arrests Soldiers Who Brutalised Crippled Man In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.