Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR (53680 Views)

Babangida Can't Wear Shoes Anymore. Nemesis Catches Up With The Evil Genius - SR / Dino Melaye Sues Sahara Reporters For N5Billion (Photos) / Malami Sends Names Of Six Judges To DSS For Probe - CJN writes Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by LocalChamp: 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
Justice Mary Odili Wept and Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5Billion Bribe On Behalf Of Gov. Wike, Report Says

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK OCT 11, 2016
SaharaReporters has obtained a full list of all the Nigerian judges facing a nationwide clampdown by the Department of State Security (DSS).

The list, which includes two of the Supreme Court Justices who have already been arrested, includes three Justices of the Court of Appeal, seven Federal High Court justices and four state High Court judges in Kano, Gombe, and Kaduna states.

The document, which formed the basis for the clampdown on the judges, contains a brief explanation as to why the cleansing of the judiciary should commence with the listed judges. "Pursuant to the current administration's drive to fight corruption at all levels, and following public revulsion at some section of the judiciary on acts bordering on dishonesty, corruption, and abuse of judicial process, a profile of some senior judicial officers alleged to be involved in corrupt practices has been compiled", the reported prepared by the DSS stated.

The document explains in graphic detail how Supreme Court justices were compromised during the election petition ruling relating to Governor Nysom Wike of Rivers state.

Although only two judges of the Supreme Court have so far been arrested by the DSS, the documents named a full panel of Supreme Court justices that sat to decide the Rivers state election case.

The document stated that the Supreme Court judgement which gave Governor Wike victory against the Court of Appeal ruling which had reversed Governor Wike election was delivered on January 27th, 2016 and the full judgement further delivered on February 12th, 2016 by a panel that was led by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Muhammad Mahmud.

Other panel members named included Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta, Kumai Byang Akaahs, Kudirat Motonmori Olatokumbo kekere-kun, John Inyang Okoro and Amiru Sanusi. Justice Kekere-Ekun delivered a unanimous decision validating Wike's election.

The document reveals that the CJN constituted the panel on the very day of the judgement in an attempt to frustrate those waiting to induce members of the panel.

It also reveals that despite the strategy adopted by the Chief Justice, the panel received monetary inducement through Justice Mary Odili who, although a member of the Court, was not on the panel.

Justice Odili, according to the confidential report, became dramatic and reportedly wept before her colleagues on the panel, saying that if Wike were not returned as governor, she would prematurely become a widow as her husband, Peter Odili is a former governor of the state, and Wike’s godfather would have a heart attack.

Governor Wike has publicly acknowledged the role of the Odilis in restoring his mandate as governor. During a thanksgiving to mark his victory, he said that had the election been nullified, he would not have re-contested, claiming he was close having a heart attack as his blood pressure was rising.

The report obtained by SaharaReporters does not say how much each of the Supreme Court judges received. It does state that the same amount had been offered to the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, who rejected it, saying she feared that all eyes would be on her.

Dr. Odili on Tuesday took out an N6billion lawsuit against APC candidate Dakuku for his statement concerning Wike’s praise of his role in getting him a favorable legal ruling.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/11/justice-mary-odili-wept-and-begged-supreme-court-judges-accept-n5billion-bribe-behalf-gov

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by richidinho(m): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
grin
SR should also tell us how the certificate forgery case ended, who bribed who, who shed tears and who later presented the certificate before the case was strucked out

238 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Marotzke(m): 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
Even by Sahara reporters sensational standards, this one is over the top. Haba

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
So all this is about Rivers state election. Na wa oooh

20 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by ogmask: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
The chicken is gradually coming home to roost. Imagine odili taking dakuku to court. Reminds me of the saying that "when the gods want to punish a useless fellow they first make him senseless".

60 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by seunlayi(m): 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
This is serious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by CoolFreeday(m): 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Interesting. Corruption in high places. Watching keenly as the drama unfold.
#I trust my fearless President

33 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by bentlywills(m): 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sahara Reporters and there crazy kinda news'

Which judge will reject 5billion naira undecided

Never believe anything u read on 9jaria dailies

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
Perpetual injunction against arrest. First of its kind the world over, in fact it ought to be in the Guinness book of records. Thumbs up to the Odilie's

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Progressive01(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
Come ye forth oh jewish Bonobos!!

Come ye forth and wail before the throne of corruption!!

Ps:

I can't forget this neighbor of ours who once presided over the petition panel of Akwa Ibom state in Akpabio's second tenure. Couple of months after the case was dispensed of and dude returned back to town, he pulled down his old structure and rebuilt it into a CASTLE right in our neighborhood!! Word on the street was he pocketed 200 big ones!!

I have my personal reasons why I believe these men are fantastically corrupt- matter of fact, beyond whatever the media could possibly reveal to us.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by yekparikpa(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
In summary the judges accepted the 5billion naira for no other reason but to save Peter Odili from heart attack. Funny Sahara reporters!

74 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by jimcollins136: 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
APC and oil money... na waooH

13 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
At this age and time , all we are asking for is video evidence , conviction or silence.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by RZArecta(m): 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
cheesy WONDERFUL grin this is a Telemundo/Zeeworld standard of horse shít. Sahara reporters really outdid themselves this time

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by aylagos(m): 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
We all know wike can pay any amount to get vuctory during that time, so the story is close to reality

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by decosule93(m): 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
The federal government should employ Sahara reporters Journalists as DSS

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Armaggedon: 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
Crap from the sahara

are you tired of discrediting anambra state govt?

Only a country of citizens without standard will have these media rogue operating

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Chanchit: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
Its funny how people tend to believe things when it sounds like what they want to hear and how they are also always quick to discard it when its not going their way.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 12, 2016
This Wike of a crook is not fit to be a Governor. . . I wont be suprise Mama Peace has a hand in this.

14 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 12, 2016
Watching
Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by eejo(m): 12:39am On Oct 12, 2016
Mr buhari what happened to your brother yobe state judge who took 15 million naira bribe with even evidence of payment my Joy is that on the last day of judgement you account to GOD how you rule Nigeria

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by ificatchmodeh: 1:21am On Oct 12, 2016
S.R..with their bogus and sensational stories..

8 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by jumobi1(m): 2:09am On Oct 12, 2016
Corruption is part of the Nigerian work culture. I'll be more surprised if these judges including the CJ have never collected bribe.
With that said, Wike won that election. Rulings simply go in favor of the highest bidder unless the evidence is overwhelming. At the end, it's the common man that suffers.

2 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 12, 2016
I don't understand this system again o
Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Amberon: 3:41am On Oct 12, 2016
Not surprised
Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Pavore9: 3:47am On Oct 12, 2016
Sighs.

1 Like

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by maxman01: 4:04am On Oct 12, 2016
lipsrsealed Nigeria is almost finished but God will save us from dis cancan worm called corruption

2 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by blackpanda: 4:09am On Oct 12, 2016
richidinho:
grin
SR should also tell us how the certificate forgery case ended, who bribed who, who shed tears and who later presented the certificate before the case was strucked out

Grow up wailer! Stop diverting issues

13 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by modath(f): 4:56am On Oct 12, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
At this age and time , all we are asking for is video evidence , conviction or silence.

Video evidence? Really? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by cktheluckyman: 4:59am On Oct 12, 2016
Let me watch and see if the mods will move this thrash to the FP.Yesterday I posted a thread from Trent about the CJN's visit to aso rock and they simply ignored it.

Seun,I am watching

2 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Vatsyayana: 5:03am On Oct 12, 2016
bentlywills:
Sahara Reporters and there crazy kinda news'

Which judge will reject 5billion naira undecided

Never believe anything u read on 9jaria dailies

What!?
Did you just ask a rhetorical question?
Please let me tell you...there are people who would reject 1 trillion naira based on their personal moral strength and their hard earned reputation in society.
How much is 5 billion naira?

7 Likes

Re: Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR by Vatsyayana: 5:06am On Oct 12, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Let me watch and see if the mods will move this thrash to the FP.Yesterday I posted a thread from Trent about the CJN's visit to aso rock and they simply ignored it.

Seun,I am watching

Because the trash you posted yesterday enjoys a benefit of doubt just as this one does!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News: Yahoo Also Agrees That Buhari Is An Impostor / EFCC Arrests Abayomi Kamaldeen Alaka 'Awise' Over N250m Fraud / Tinubu Supporter Reportedly Sacked For Celebrating Tinubu's Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.