Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone (1803 Views)

How Do I Lock Some Apps / See The Top 10 New Features In Android Oreo 8.0 / How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by bulakos25(m): 6:25am On Oct 12, 2016
please help, is there a way to lock some pictures or some folders in my gallery so no one but me can see or view them ? when someone try to open I want the folder/album to display enter pin. thanks is advance
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by faitheverest(f): 6:31am On Oct 12, 2016
You can even lock it in the guest mode. Your pictures won't show again unless you unlock it.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by UndisputedBosom(m): 6:36am On Oct 12, 2016
Download Applock from Google Store and you can even lock your contacts that you'll require code to answer your call wink

Thank me lerra grin
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by UndisputedBosom(m): 6:41am On Oct 12, 2016
faitheverest:
You can even lock it in the guest mode. Your pictures won't show again unless you unlock it.

Be more specific next time wink
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by Obie234: 7:44am On Oct 12, 2016
Es File Explorer is all you need. Just encrypt the file and decrypt when you need it back.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by ekanDamie: 9:16am On Oct 12, 2016
Just download Es esplorer. You will have acess to your hidden files. Copy from your gallary to this hidden files and all your files are hidden. Only wen u go there u can get them
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by SirKriz(m): 11:48am On Oct 12, 2016
bulakos25:
please help, is there a way to lock some pictures in my gallery so no one but me can see or view them ? when someone try to open I want the application to display enter pin. thanks is advance

Yes can lock even specific pictures or any other kind of media file on your phone without the use of any app. But that's if you are running Lollipop and above.

Go to Settings >> Security >> Data Protection, and follow the right prompts from there. All the best, bro!

1 Like

Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by Dandsome: 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
Try to download APPS LOCK.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by tafat: 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
There are security apps in google play that can help you.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by faitheverest(f): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

Be more specific next time wink

Ok....till next timetime lipsrsealed
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by jeffronald19(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello friend
first of all go to Google Play store than search by keywords app lock or best app lock for your phone
you will get some options like-
app lock
app locker
these two apps are best for hiding your personal stuffs on your android phone.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by realsammie(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
ekanDamie:
Just download Es esplorer. You will have acess to your hidden files. Copy from your gallary to this hidden files and all your files are hidden. Only wen u go there u can get them
pls bro i am not understanding o. Can u guide me on a step by step info
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
bulakos25:
please help, is there a way to lock some pictures or some folders in my gallery so no one but me can see or view them ? when someone try to open I want the folder/album to display enter pin. thanks is advance
this has been my method hope it helps

1. go to file manager open your SD card or phone storage were the file,folder you want to hide is.

2.locate the file,folder or anything u wish to hide from your gallery and copy

3. press the options key of your phone>> click show hidden file>> you will see some folder that look dim/faint in appearance>>open any of them you wish

4. past inside the folder you open the file you copied and close.

5. use step 3 to hide the folder were you kept your file or you can leave it to be visible.

6.check your gallery you won't see d pix, vidz etc.

7.Now to open those file you hide>> go to were you kept it>> click on it>> select the player ie for video...

hope I helped my write up is long but its simple.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by chukxie(m): 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
SirKriz:

Yes can lock even specific pictures or any other kind of media file on your phone without the use of any app. But that's if you are running Lollipop and above.

Go to Settings >> Security >> Data Protection, and follow the right prompts from there. All the best, bro!

Your head dey there. Good one!
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by bulakos25(m): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
UndisputedBosom:
Download Applock from Google Store and you can even lock your contacts that you'll require code to answer your call wink

Thank me lerra grin
thanks for ur response, but my aim is not to lock the whole gallery,but some album or photos so that when a person try to view it will display enter pin.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by puregrace(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
bulakos25:

thanks for ur response, but my aim is not to lock the whole gallery,but some album or photos so that when a person try to view it will display enter pin.
Yes. You can also do that as well. Even you can lock certain message
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by bulakos25(m): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
puregrace:
Yes. You can also do that as well. Even you can lock certain message
thanks. but using what application?
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by DesChyko: 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
bulakos25:

Download Quickpic. Select the folders you want to show. Others will not show. Hide your gallery app.
Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
download Any vault or NQ vault

you can hide your private pictures,videos, contacts and even bookmarks .

Re: How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone by puregrace(m): 11:09am On Oct 13, 2016
bulakos25:

thanks. but using what application?
Applock

(1) (Reply)

The Imate Apple Stores Service Center Has Officially Opened In Computer Village / The Future Is Here With Esim / Best Phone Options For A 65-70k Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.