Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Rape And How Perpetrators Should Be Punished - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape And How Perpetrators Should Be Punished (632 Views)

Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book / How Perpetrators Of Plateau Killings Were Arrested / Police Parade Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Attacks & Killings, Arms Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rape And How Perpetrators Should Be Punished by mosisnho(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2016
Rape is an act of forcing sexual intercourse or other sexual activity upon another person without their consent or against their will. Rape is a conscious process of intimidation wherein perpetrators keep women and children especially, in a state of constant fear. The term rape degrades the victim. Most rape victims are always afraid of letting people know they have been raped due to stigmatisation and the fear of being a victim again.
The issue of rape has been the order of the day in Nigeria. There is hardly a day without news headline about rape, molestation and other forceful sexual activities perpetrated on young girls and female children between the ages of 3-12 years. A total number of 150 reported cases of sexual and physical abuse were recorded in Lagos State for one year period as of April 27, 2016 (according to Punch news paper). Also, the Lagos State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Mrs. Lola Akande, said the ministry in the last one year had treated about 589 cases ranging from sexual abuse and physical abuse ( according to Punch news paper).
After a thorough research about how rapists are treated/punished after perpetrating the act of rape, i have come to a conclusion that most of them are given romance torture then go scot free when handed over to the police (in most cases they are not charged to court). I do not support jungle justice in the society but in this case jungle justice can come to play. Aside that, I have a good recommendation for security operatives (Police, military, local vigilante etc.) on how to handle rapists in our society especially those caught in the act. It won't be a bad idea if we borrow a bit from some Asian countries where rapists are tortured without pity.
I came across this video (watch video below) recently and i recommend this kind of torture for rapists in Nigeria. I doubt if anybody who has gone through this kind of torture will ever think of indulging in rape again in his entire life. A public torture like this will be the best way to curtail activities of rapists in Nigeria...see pictures and video below of a Man tortured for Rape

watch video here http://www.smartlinkzone.com/2016/10/video-of-rapist-beaten-mercilessly.html

Re: Rape And How Perpetrators Should Be Punished by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2016
Oohhhh plz this is not enaf...

Death penalty is the only way for the victim to get her proper justice...
Re: Rape And How Perpetrators Should Be Punished by mosisnho(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2016
TrapQueen77:
Oohhhh plz this is not enaf...

Death penalty is the only way for the victim to get her proper justice...

yea death penalty is cool too but i want d rapist to live and bear this pain

(1) (Reply)

Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, Parades Kidnappers (photos) / Man's Penis Relocates To His Knees After Sleeping With Someone's Wife / Woman Tricked With Fake N10m Booty By Money Doublers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.