Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (6967 Views)

Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? / Man Who Attempted JAMB 8 Times, Graduates With 2nd Class Upper / Deaf Prosphen Okiemute Dumi Makes Second Class Upper In Law University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by Kaffy198: 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello everyone
Am a final year student of a Nigeria university
MY current GP is 3.15
I want to know if I can still make 2:1 second class upper cause I've always been reading and working hard but seems MY Gp just remains stagnant from 100 level
Pls any advice on how I can improve this final year I really want second class upper at least
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by deltateam: 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Kaffy198:
Hello everyone
Am a final year student of a Nigeria university
MY current GP is 3.15
I want to know if I can still make 2:1 second class upper cause I've always been reading and working hard but seems MY Gp just remains stagnant from 100 level
Pls any advice on how I can improve this final year I really want second class upper at least

Your information is incomplete without course of study.

Its only you that can answer that question but I assure you its possible on paper. What you do from now to the time you finish your final exams will determine it.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by LordZero(m): 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
[b] It depends on the number of units (courses you are allowed to offer and will add to ur GP) remaining for u to pick from and how determined you are.
if you can calculate your G.P with the courses you have left (pretend you had As or Bs throughout) and it falls in 2:1 range then you can still make it..

Find people of like mind/ same drive (it can be someone trying to make first class or someone that's targeting a particular G.P) and form a group for discussion (do discussions when u are sure you are fully prepared oo or else you will be intimidated by others and read under tension).

Find past questions; it will help you prepare and also know the pattern each lecturer uses in asking their questions.

Rest; find a timetable that will allow you to sleep for 6-7 hours per day. If you don't rest you brain it will crash. Also, clear your mind of other issues bothering you, be it family or relationship issues..

Read to understand unless the particular lecturer or course requires cramming.. If you understand something it's difficult to forget..

Look for materials and tutorials online if applicable. .

Last but no the least, kill tension, enjoy yourself, do something you are passionate about once in a while. This may sound like opposite of what you are trying to do but having fun help is reducing stress and relaxing the mind.. Hit the football pitch once in a while, if u like clubbing, go and chill with your friends BUT be moderate.. strike a balance between ur social and academic life.. Don't be a stiff person enjoy yourself. .

And eat well or try to eat well.... I believe others will provide you with tangible ideas too..

nb: pick what works and dump what doesn't. .. ........... #peace.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by babyfaceafrica: 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
You want the truth?...highly impossible..unless you pull off a miracle....GP in final year dey slow like snail...just read well and free urself from stress..enjoy your last year in school
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by hitchowoyemi(m): 1:13am On Oct 13, 2016
Hmmm I love ur kind, at least u know what u want. To be honest with you, you would need to make more than 4.7 / 5.0 gp in ur last 2 semesters to get to d 3.5 mark. i doubt if that would even be enough.

Just do ur best and leave d rest to God.

I can assist u with the analyse of its feasibility if u can provide necessary info. feel free to beep me on 08154433859 (also on watsapp).

keep ur head up! God bless your hustle.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by Doyin400l(m): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2016
Final year? 3.15? Pls enjoy your life in school witj the remaining days you have to stay . Just forget it because its not mathematical possible again..Look! Am a realist and I love telling people the truth;If you enter final year with anything less than 3.4 GP , then am sorry it might never be able to up with a 2'1.

Just don't keep on dreaming what is not it again, a d enjoy your jare..There is more to life than a mere paper GPA, the ability to think outside the box with a couple of Humility determines your life after school.

In other words, for your STATISTICAL ANALYSIS check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by rheether(f): 8:29am On Oct 13, 2016
No you can't.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by deltateam: 10:00am On Oct 13, 2016
rheether:
No you can't.

Yes he can.

Assuming he has 4.4 in final year both 1st and 2nd semesters combined.

Mathematically its 3.15+4.40/2=3.77 which is 2:1 so its possible.

All he needs do is to have more A grades than B grades.
Before now one would have believed that getting 5.0 in a University was impossible until Ayodele Dada did it.

Impossibility is nothing! Planes do fly now. I wouldn't have been able to communicate to the whole world as am doing now if not for Technology a feat achieved by fellow human beings.

Now ask yourself if they could contribute to humanity, what of you?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by Gentlelord(m): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2016
Firstly, your information is very incomplete;
1.we don't know your discipline, if it's a 5-yr or 4-yr course
2. if the current GP stated is the CGPA of your previous level.
3. The weight/percentage allocated to each level.
4. If you are already on the extra year list. etc

Secondly, you CAN still very well make a 2.1 don't get discouraged. Am a living witness of same scenario. I was a very hard-working student by my standard, living the Infamous triangle lifestyle. I always try to Jack to stupor back then, but the grades weren't encouraging.
As at my final year my CGPA for 4 years was 2.25 which was equivalent to 3.21 so I needed at least a 4.2 GP in my finals to get a 3.5
I never gave up, continued jacking got necessary materials, Learnt how to cram because I totally suck at Cramming (unfortunately la cram la pour is the key in 9ja university). Voilà at the end I graduated with a 3.61 meaning I had a 4.53 in my finals.
So you can can do it, just never give up even if you are having an extra year, you get to plan and strategize very well.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by opy002(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2016
opy002:
[/quote][quote author=deltateam post=50159506]
Mr deltateam, Is that d way they calculate cgpa in your school? That school should b closed down with immediate effect,
@Op, There is no way we can know if u can enter 2.1 or not, there is no available information concerning that apart from your cgpa which u posted here. We need information such as your Total load unit, total credit unit, how many years programme r u doing etc. But I think u can make it with cgpa of 5.0 in d remaining two semesters.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by LordZero(m): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2016
deltateam:

Yes he can.

Assuming he has 4.4 in final year both 1st and 2nd semesters combined.

Mathematically its 3.15+4.40/2=3.77 which is 2:1 so its possible.

All he needs do is to have more A grades than B grades.
Before now one would have believed that getting 5.0 in a University was impossible until Ayodele Dada did it.

Impossibility is nothing! Planes do fly now. I wouldn't have been able to communicate to the whole world as am doing now if not for Technology a feat achieved by fellow human beings.

Now ask yourself if they could contribute to humanity, what of you?

That's not how you calculate G.P ( CGPA ) oo.
It's TCP ÷ TNU.
i.e ur total cumulative points divided by the total number of units you registered.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by tammyboy1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
3.15 is even much sef,3.0 in final year,you can still mk 2.1...i had 3.34 in my final yr,i dint even work so hard,js little work and God factor,i crossed,you can too...just believe
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 14, 2016
Can you get 4.5 or 5.0 each in your last two semesters? ??
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper by Doyin400l(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2016
Stop Nairalanding, Facebooking ,whatsapping and read your books day and night till the end of this academic session.

Thank me later!!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Graduated With Third Class,am i In Hot Soup / Unbelievable Facts In Pictures / Difference Between B.sc Economics And B.sc (edu)economic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.