Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds (1389 Views)

The Nigerian Culture Of Begging / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018 / Top 5 Places That Tell The History And Reveal The Culture Of The Igbo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by ariesbull: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2016
As a business rule there are some certain things that we should always follow and be mindful of during our first Business meetings and as the saying goes ” you don’t have the second time to make a first impression.” Business meetings isn’t a social meeting nor a date! This is a concept that most ladies do not understand.

Well, I keep asking myself what really happened to the women liberation and what a man can do and a woman can do better crooners. Well, I am not saying that all Nigerian ladies are leaning on men for support but the mentality of the majority of our women over the act act of dependency should be overhauled.
Well, I think that is my personal opinion. I am always coming in contact with a lot of business meetings.

Today, what I encountered was a shocker and it has promoted me to start asking questions over our mentality towards business meeting especially the women folks . I had a bitter but funny experience with a lady today and believe me, the memory will linger on like a nightmare.
For introductions , I am an employee of Fan Milk Nigeria Plc, one of my major job functions is to create Exclusive Agents in an assigned territory, a duty my boss is always on my neck to perform. And I enjoy my job because it available me the opportunity to engage, interact and formalise myself with different set if people across board.

Well, this morning, I received a call from a lady who informed me that she would like to become an Exclusive Agent something akin to a franchise . We agreed to meet at a fast food or quick restaurant. Having outrageous targets that must achieved before the end of the month, this I am used to anyway ,I just couldn’t wait to meet her, discuss the terms and conditions of the agreement and also collect her documents so we could commence business. So I can be said to be anticipatory and enthusiastic over this meeting.

So I headed to the venue of our business meeting and I arrived at the restaurant. Waited for like eternity. That should have been a sign but after I gave her a call this was 30 minutes later , she showed up , apologising and blaming it on the traffic. Well, we always blame it on the traffic. Mr.Traffic has no capacity to defend himself so I let it slide but took a mental note of it.

We started discussing the whole processes and procedures. As a gentle individual (even God knows I’m not gentle) trying to win the heart a customer, I asked her “Madam what can I offer you.” She replied “Don’t worry, I will buy some take-away.” I started thinking…”This is a business meeting o, it’s not a date, what has take-away got to do with this?” I replied “No problem ma.” (No problem ke).

After the meeting, we approached the service attendants and she made her order. “Please give me fried rice-double portion, 3 snails, 2 Moi Moi and 2 beef. I got angry but pretended…”Madam I don’t think what I currently have in my pocket can carter for what you are buying. She replied”what do you mean? I’m taking Chivita too o.” I decided to pay (I needed a customer right?), she saw the money with me then she asked “Please can I get pies for my sister’s kids?” Can you imagine, do I look like a mother Theresa or maybe a father Christmas and UN refugee commission on a mission to Southern Sudan or some war torn African country ! This is just madness and absolutely ridiculous!
I was angry! I couldn’t pretend anymore. I literary lost it,my sanity and my debonair as a perfect gentleman,that is if there is anything like man chivalry down here in a mad city like Lagos. In. a nutshell , the demon inside of me unleashed itself without even asking for my own permission!

Forget English Gentlemanly acts, it was time for some madness. I’m not proud to write this but it went like ” Se eya were ni?” “Ebi n pa idile yin”? “Kilo fa oriburuku na?” “Oni ra nu niyin o”. Believe me, I created a scene. I refused to pay and as I was about to leave, the security guard rushed towards me “Oga dem don serve the food o, you must pay.” I replied “If I slap your face, you see food for my hand abi?” “That girl go wash plate today for this restaurant!”
I left the restaurant, satisfied that I didn’t pay a dime! I started thinking and at the same time laughing hard as I was walking away “No be customer be this one o, olosho ni o!” I got many calls from different unknown numbers but refused to pick any of them. I’m not stingy but even if you were a genuine customer, there is always a limit to everything!
This got me thinking , why should people abuse privilege and opportunities. In a country that is trying to get out of recession ,business ethics must be followed and not sounding desperate.....

READ MORE

https://etimesafrica./2016/10/11/my-business-meeting-experience-with-a-lady-in-restaurant/
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Please when writing an article, remember some persons can't understand Yoruba so try to interpret when you use it.

Also, it's not a CULTURE for women to depend on men. Maybe you've only been meeting girls. A man's money can only impress lazy girls.

2 Likes

Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
This topic or should i say,issue has been over-flogged. It's boring already.

Even though we all see the underlining realistic truth,such discus only gives rise to the needless gender fights.
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossLadyF:
Please when writing an article, remember some persons can't understand Yoruba so try to interpret when you use it.

Also, it's not a CULTURE for women to depend on men. Maybe you've only been meeting girls. A man's money can only impress lazy girls.
This is the same sh!t that comes out from the mouth of every girl as an excuse to avert the alarming truth,no offence to you though.With a broad sense of view, the discruciating point and truth is that,they are many lazy girls in Nigeria if we must use your point of view. We are already covered under the canopy of anonymity so who is to say you are any different from the stock of "Lazy girls" that parade as "Independent".....

We all know the average Nigerian woman is only independent by her own definition of the word and not by the true standard and definition of it.

Putting to total disregard that she enjoys the benefits accrued to being independent or Independence in the society but haven't fully integrated into it. She still needs "men" to teach/lend her the rights or licence to be Independent.

1 Like

Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
PreciousBro:

This is the same sh!t that comes out from the mouth of every girl as an excuse to avert the alarming truth,no offence to you though.With a broad sense of view, the discruciating point and truth is that,they are many lazy girls in Nigeria if we must use your point of view. We are already covered under the canopy of anonymity so who is to say you are any different from the stock of "Lazy girls" that parade as "Independent".....

We all know the average Nigerian woman is only independent by her own definition of the word and not by the true standard and definition of it.

Putting to total disregard that she enjoys the benefits accrued to being independent or Independence but haven't fully integrated into it. She still needs "men" to teach/lend her the rights or licence to be Independent.

Hahahahaha! It amazes me when I see how an average Nigeria guy feels we need his penny. Anyways, as I've said before, it depends on the persons you've been meeting. I'm not here to blow my trumpet so I won't even talk about myself but I know many ladies who works hard to make a living and not depend on the type of men that will spend and come on social media to tell the whole world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossLadyF:

Hahahahaha! It amazes me when I see how an average Nigeria guy feels we need his penny. Anyways, as I've said before, it depends on the persons you've been meeting. I'm not here to blow my trumpet so I won't even talk about myself but I know many ladies who works hard to make a living and not depend on the type of men that will spend and come on social media to tell the whole world.

Dear,nothing in my post indicated or made mention of financial constraint in the place of "spending" but highlighting the concept of Independence in general. Or you think being independent cuts only finances ? grin

This proves my point about the hollow understanding the average Nigerian girl suffers. I see you are a BossLady by monicker maybe by financial strength too as you keep emphasis on "money" but are you a BossLady at heart ? smiley

Forget the OP's idea of independence. Mine is different.
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
PreciousBro:

Dear,nothing in my post indicated or made mention of financial constraint in the place of "spending" but highlighting the concept of Independence in general. Or you think being independent cuts only finances ? grin

This proves my point about the hollow understanding the average Nigerian girl suffers. I see you are a BossLady by monicker maybe by financial strength too as you keep emphasis on "money" but are you a BossLady at heart ? smiley

Forget the OP's idea of independence. Mine is different.

Beloved as I've said before, I'm not here to blow my trumpet. I'm less than 24yrs yet I'm a feminist, an activist and a humanitarian. Reading in between Lines, what I could make out is you believing all ladies have inferior thinking which is wrong. I hate when men feel "It's men's world", my dear Women rule the world and its high time you start realizing that. No hard feelings but you need to rethink. And yes, I'm THE BOSS LADY in all you can think of and I'm proud to be
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossLadyF:

Beloved as I've said before, I'm not here to blow my trumpet. I'm less than 24yrs yet I'm a feminist, an activist and a humanitarian. Reading in between Lines, what I could make out is you believing all ladies have inferior thinking which is wrong. I hate when men feel "It's men's world", my dear Women rule the world and its high time you start realizing that. No hard feelings but you need to rethink. And yes, I'm THE BOSS LADY in all you can think of and I'm proud to be
BossLady you still didn't get my point. "I think every lady has an inferior thinking? "
Just because i highlighted a tiny portion of your post? grin

OK, Let me make it known that although i might have my convictions at heart about you,as this our conversation has proven so but i didn't address it in my post. However,i only quoted you to nullify the highlighted part of your post as an excuse many girls use to divert the bone of contention not to argue or engage you in any intellectual discus,clearly you have let your pillar of emotion dwarf every statue of rationality in you as you draw insinuations and imaginary perceptions about my idealogies of the said topic.

The appearance of a 24year old bossLady must shine brighter than the stars of a moon-less night in my real world,you still a student or out of school ? wink
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
PreciousBro:
BossLady you still didn't get my point. "I think every lady has an inferior thinking? "
Just because i highlighted a tiny portion of your post? grin

OK, Let me make it known that although i might have my convictions at heart about you,as this our conversation has proven so but i didn't address it in my post. However,i only quoted you to nullify the highlighted part of your post as an excuse many girls use to divert the bone of contention not to argue or engage you in any intellectual discus,clearly you have let your pillar of emotion dwaft every statue of rationality in you as you draw insinuations and imaginary perceptions about my idealogies of the said topic.

The appearance of a 24year old bossLady must shine brighter than the stars of a moon-less night in my real world,you still a student or out of school ? wink
[center][/center]

I'm a graduate.
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossLadyF:
[center][/center]
I'm a graduate.
awww lol What a combination,i knew my imagination never fails me,a testament to my accurate perception in life.

So you aren't only a BossLady with the exemplification of true independence but also a graduate,all at 24years old kiss

Daddy and Mommy must be proud of you grin

Pardon my inquisitiveness but Just away from the facade of cyber world,what does a lady wear as a name in place of her Boss emblem in the real world ? It must interest you to know that you are free to not let out personal details about self should you think it infringes on your anonymous rights. smiley However,my undying quest to know you more than just your cyber name has the brawn of the green hulk and would crack down the pillars and buildings of this cyber world just to see what you are like in my abode, My sweet BossLady-like Lady kiss wink
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
PreciousBro:

awww lol What a combination,i knew my imagination never fails me,a testament to my accurate perception in life.

So you aren't only a BossLady with the exemplification of true independence but also a graduate,all at 24years old kiss

Daddy and Mommy must be proud of you grin

Pardon my inquisitiveness but Just aware from the facade of cyber world,what does a lady wear as a name in place of her Boss emblem in the real world ? It must interest you to know that you are free to not let out personal details about self should you think it infringes on your anonymous rights. smiley However,my undying quest to know you more than just your cyber name has the brawn of the green hulk and would crack down the pillars and buildings of this cyber world just to see what you are like in my abode, My sweet BossLady-like Lady kiss wink

I'm not disclosing anything about me tongue
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossLadyF:

I'm not disclosing anything about me tongue

That isn't a P as you are the Boss ma'am. The thoughts of what you look like lingers into a deep neediness to know and meet you though, you reside in PH ? Evidently visible by your profile. How about a trip to come celebrate my birthday with the illumination of your sophistication as a BossLady ? smiley
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
PreciousBro:

That isn't a P as you are the Boss ma'am. The thoughts of what you look like lingers into a deep neediness to know and meet you though, you reside in PH ? Evidently visible by your profile. How about a trip to come celebrate my birthday with the illumination of your sophistication as a BossLady ? smiley

Chill
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossLadyF:

Chill

aww lol With and for you,i reserve the coolness of a freezer. It is just that,i like a ride on a Ferrari instead of a keke napep so i dont see the need to be snailing our acquintance kiss You Sweetness.
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
BossLadyF:

Chill
My Lady,it is nearing your bed time and I'd really like you to obey the call of nature for a lioness needs the rest to recuperate the lost energies of the day's wiggles with her lion for another day. Sleep tight kiss smiley My Queen with a herculean coronet.
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by KillerBeauty(f): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
Most men are scared of independent women and yet they keep screaming that they want an independent woman. Some men can't even woe a woman who have a car
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by ianSweet(f): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
KillerBeauty:
Most men are scared of independent women and yet they keep screaming that they want an independent woman. Some men can't even woe a woman who have a car

You have said the truth sis.
I am not in anyway encouraging women to think inferiorly or depend on a man for survival but these so called African men as u say cannot withstand or cope with an independent minded woman.
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
KillerBeauty:
lol

Why should we woo you,when will your self become independent and start helping the gutless men who are doused with effeminacy by wooing them too ? Or will you lose your womanly dignity doing so ?After all,you have a car tongue
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
ianSweet:

You have said the truth sis.
I am not in anyway encouraging women to think inferiorly or depend on a man for survival but these so called African men as u say cannot withstand or cope with an independent minded woman.
I disagree with you there,on the contrary,men want independent women. A woman who perceives her worth with a sense of moderation in life and knows not to cross the line and constitute waywardness.

You have to define what your understanding of independence is firstly so we'd at least be on the same page.
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
BossLadyF:

My beautified BossLady how is the Sunday going ? smiley
Come wow mine with a mention of your conceited yet graceful moniker.. kiss
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
PreciousBro:

My beautified BossLady how is the Sunday going ? smiley
Come wow mine with a mention of your conceited yet graceful moniker.. kiss

Lol
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
BossLadyF:

Lol
smiley I can see the Sunday is full of merriments to stir that world class giggle from your end huh ?

How is the weather down south across the Niger,Port harcourt?
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by SAMBARRY: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
BossLadyF:

translation : ARE you mad.are your entire family members hungry? What is the reason for all this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by SAMBARRY: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
Op you did well.there are some ladies that don't know how to respect themselves so you put them in their place

That girl is clearly a glutton and greedy imo oju orolari aka grubido,tifunloran,ebina,she never chop

Good you gave her the disgrace of her life. Honestly some ladies don't deserve to be treated like ladies at all.she's AN embarrassment to other decent women. I'm sure she has learnt her lesson she won't try it again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
SAMBARRY:
translation : ARE you mad.are your entire family members hungry? What is the reason for all this nonsense

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by BossLadyF(f): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
PreciousBro:

smiley I can see the Sunday is full of merriments to stir that world class giggle from your end huh ?

How is the weather down south across the Niger,Port harcourt?

Good, thank God
Re: Culture Of Women And Dependency On Men - Yet Women Liberation Abounds by PreciousBro: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
BossLadyF:

Good, thank God
kiss Good. If you were to describe yourself with two words..

Shoot me!

(1) (Reply)

A Comprehensive History And Development Of The Igbo Language / Osun Osogbo Festival 2016; A Call For Realistic Re-orientation / Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.