Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Help Retrieve My Girl-child, Pleads Man Whose Daughter Was Axed By Katsina Emir - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Retrieve My Girl-child, Pleads Man Whose Daughter Was Axed By Katsina Emir (428 Views)

How Do I Access Or Retrieve My Backed Up Whatsapp Chats On Gmail? / Heart Touching Story From A Mother Whose Daughter Was Born Blind [photos] / Meet Kayode Ewumi, The Man Whose Face Is The Hottest Meme Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Retrieve My Girl-child, Pleads Man Whose Daughter Was Axed By Katsina Emir by IROHINOodua: 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
Help retrieve my girl-child, pleads man whose daughter was axed by Katsina Emir
BY Ahmed Idowu
A middle-aged man, Isiyaku Tanko has called on the local and international community to help retrieve her 14 year old daughter from a powerful Northern Emir. The little girl was seized since August 16 by a group of palace guards and dragged to the Emir of Katsina, Abdulmimini Usman, the ancestral home of Nigerian President Mohammadu Buhari. The minor was seized for forceful marriage.
The Emir of Katsina is one of the most respected traditional rulers in Nigeria’s largely Muslim North and an offspring of the late Uthman Dan Fodio who led the Islamic Jihad that took over a chunk of today’s North through a revolutionary uprising.
The family of the abducted girl is Christian. The father made his view known in a letter she addressed to the international community this afternoon a copy of which was made available to Irohinoodua. The family’s lawyer, Yakubu Bawa also decried the violent way the minor was taken away by the Emir’s guards. Tanko said the Inspector General of Police, (IG) has also failed to handle the matter in a fair and balanced manner. The parents live at Warkaza community in Kudun Kankara Local Government Area of Katsina State.
He said he had not been able to see his daughter since her abduction and regretted that she had been converted to Islam against her wish.
“I can say that this little girl cries all day. She was abducted. She was crying and wailing as the palace guards took her away to the Emir. The Palace guards must have preying on her like lions. Immediately they saw her that day they pounced on her and forced her even as she fought back with tears and wailing amidst hefty and brutal men” a Christian youth leader in the area, Mr Samuel Meyo told Irohinoodua on phone.
Taking young girls sent on errands are often abducted by powerful traditional rulers in the North. It has become a past time, a top Christian leader who did not wish to be named told Irohinoodua this afternoon.
Tanko said “The Emir has no right to do that. When the Commissioner of Police summoned the parties concerned to his office, what baffled me and my heart is still bleeding is the fact that ordinary security detail gave an instruction that the Emir has instructed him that when the girl was brought to his office that he’s under instruction to bring back the girl to the palace of the Emir.”
He said he was further surprised that the CP who had the command under his control could not intervene to stop the abduction and return of the girl to the palace of the Emir.
He said further “On reaching the Emir, he decided to introduce the issue through his aide who said since the minor had been converted to Islam, she could no longer look at her biological parents for guardian except in the custody of an Emir previously unknown to the little girl whose education and freedom have now been scuttled.
Re: Help Retrieve My Girl-child, Pleads Man Whose Daughter Was Axed By Katsina Emir by Wizzyblack3(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
North
Re: Help Retrieve My Girl-child, Pleads Man Whose Daughter Was Axed By Katsina Emir by masseratti: 11:01am On Oct 14, 2016
Converted to Islam by who? where did the emir sight the girl and court her? On the road? even the koran is against taking a bride without the consent of the family /parents.
Nigerian Police has failed on this, the pedophile emir should be in Jail right now, how is this different from the chibok girls, can i also waylay the daughter of the emir if he has anyone under 15years and screw the hell out of her and turn her to a Christian? BBOG groups musr not be silent about this, they must march to aso rock to report this senseless emir to Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Order on Jumia / Photo.. Former Minister Dump PDP For APC In Gombe / Muamar Gaddafi's Prophecies:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.