Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! (6793 Views)

OSUMENYI Town......politics And Economy / Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City / Venezuelan Government And Economy On Brink Of Total Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
Oraukwu is a town in Anambra State, Nigeria. It used to be called Ohaukwu.[citation needed] It is among the towns in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, and lies approximately 40 kilometers east of Onitsha along the old Enugu–Onitsha trunk road. It is around 20 km southwest of local government center Awka.

References

Last edited 2 years ago by Stanleytux
Wikipedia®

Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
Terms of UsePrivacyDesktop
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
The newly crowned traditional ruler of Oraukwu community in Idemili North Local Gov­ernment Area of Anambra State, Dr Emeka Onuora, has assured that he will work hard to create cordial relation­ship between the community and the Anambra State gov­ernment. Speaking in an interview, Dr Onuora, a US-based clini­cal scientist who took the title of ?Chinyeleze? (God makes king), said he has the respon­sibility to ensure a cordial re­lationship with the people in government, noting that for him to achieve that, he must exhibit a high sense of hu­mility. Noting that he has been in the contest for the position for the past five years after the demise of his predecessor, Igwe Ogbunude, Dr. Onu­orah who also has been an at­torney in the US for the past 25 years assured that he will work hard to unite Oraukwu community so that they can attract government attention as well as harness their vast potential to develop the town. He extended his hand of fellowship to his opponents, stressing that in every contest, there must be a winner and a loser but this time, although he won, everyone of them who contested for the post was a winner, urging them to join hands with him to rebuild Oraukwu town. The President General of Oraukwu 10th Congress, Chief Cyril Ejidike, said that the community has not been able to get a new king in the last five years because all the previous attempts did not follow due process and the constitution of the town as regards the selection of a new traditional ruler. He said Dr. Onuorah hails from Ezennaja village, whose turn it is to produce the tradi­tional ruler of Oraukwu in ac­cordance with constitution of the community which made the election of traditional ruler rotational. Ejidike who is a legal prac­titioner said an attempt to pick a traditional ruler last year flopped, necessitating the Regent-in-Council?s call on the congress to select a new traditional ruler in strict com­pliance with the constitution of the community. Before Dr. Onuora was crowned last Saturday, he was presented to the Regent-in-Council of Oraukwu led by the Obi of Eze-Orukweleko village, Chief Samson Chiedu, who declared him the Igwe-elect. He later received the Ofo (mantle of office).
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
THE KING OF ORAUKWU

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
M

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
NATURAL BEAUTIES OF ORAUKWU TOWN(Mmili ORAUKWU)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
THE FIRST STOREY BUILDING IN ORAUKWU TOWN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by lillan042(f): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
guy which village are you from in oraukwu

am from ibenabor
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
ORAUKWU TOWN IS KNOWN FOR THEIR MANY BEAUTIFUL HOUSES YOU MAY NOT SEE IN ANY OTHER PLACES!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
ORAUKWU VILLAGE ANAMBRA STATE

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
NEGODU!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
Oraukwu Corpers pay homage to the Igwe of Oraukwu kingdom on Independence day @ HIS Palace @ ORAUKWU

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by Chibuhealth(f): 5:52pm On Oct 13, 2016
I am proud Ada-Ide! Idemili ga-adi

1 Like

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
ORAUKWU: PEOPLE PAYING HOMAGE TO THE KING OF ORAUKWU

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
ORAUKWU

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by Opharhe: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2016
Make I Siddon for here first.
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2016
Chibuhealth:
I am proud Ada-Ide! Idemili ga-adi
Ada anyi udo dili gi!!!
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by Chibuhealth(f): 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
investnow2013:
Ada anyi udo dili gi!!!
nothing does u!!!
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
Abatete - oraukwu river jumped It's Bank and over the road!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
ORAUKWU RIVER((MMILI ORAUKWU) A HOLIDAY MAKERS ENJOYING THE RIVER. A HUGE CROCODILE WAS CAUGHT ALIVE IN THIS SAME RIVER!!!

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
SEE THE CROCODILE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
St Thomas Anglican church Oraukwu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by Yyeske(m): 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
I know that river between Abatete and Oraukwu, what gives me the chills is when descending and ascending that steepy slop to that river.
Thank God the road is smooth, I guess this is the same river that cuts across Alor and Uke along that Nkpor - Nnobi road
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2016
Yyeske:
I know that river between Abatete and Oraukwu, what gives me the chills is when descending and ascending that steepy slop to that river.
Thank God the road is smooth, I guess this is the same river that cuts across Alor and Uke along that Nkpor - Nnobi road
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2016
The Local economy in Oraukwu is sustained by Education,Agriculture,Entertainment/Tourism,Transportation industry,, Building Industry and Mining!!!.
Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by investnow2013: 10:41am On Oct 15, 2016
The Village is very much alive with a lot of activities from Thursdays to Sundays and this bring many people and Millions of money into the Village!!!(pic) WEDDING @ ORAUKWU

Re: Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! by Malawian(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
lillan042:
guy which village are you from in oraukwu

am from ibenabor
Me too. Ibenabo.

(1) (Reply)

The North Is Playing Into Igbo Trap, They Will Lose More If The Igbos Leave. / Top Six Most Evil Women In The World! / Nigeria’s Public Debt Grows By 12.25%, Hits N24.387tn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.