Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA (2880 Views)

"BBC Hausa Didn't Interview Buhari, Edited Recorded Voice Sent By His Aides"- SR / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text) / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC: Reno Omokri Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by NafeesaAA(f): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2016
The audio clip....

I have listened to the overly sensationalised First Lady's BBC interview, where she raised grievous concerns on the way things are being run by this administration and the APC internal squabbles.

I will have to agree that she spoke her mind devoid of malice......I sensed helplessness; I sensed genuine concern and unveiled urgency in her distressed tone to reach out and salvage the situation.

Her utterances and actions are nothing short of what any supportive and loving wife would do to ensure her husband stays right on track and be successful.

However, her choice of the medium to pass the message across is a far cry from impressive.

#iStandfirmlywithBuhari

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by ademasta(m): 9:09am On Oct 14, 2016
undecided
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by NafeesaAA(f): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2016
The president make his decision.. We all know what happened before with first lady control.. So to me it a good thing.. The president might be looking at so many options in making decision.. Probably some want that office back

When Buhari said the office of the First Lady will be scrapped, y'all and Aisha think he was joking.

Me think She wants her power back as the first lady so that she can hire and fire anyone she wishes just like her predecessors did.

Remember during Patience Jonathan, Whatever the First Lady says:- GOES

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by OAUTemitayo: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2016
NafeesaAA:
The president make his decision.. We all know what happened before with first lady control.. So to me it a good thing.. The president might be looking at so many options in making decision.. Probably some want that office back

When Buhari said the office of the First Lady will be scrapped, y'all and Aisha think he was joking.

Me think She wants her power back as the first lady so that she can hire and fire anyone she wishes just like her predecessors did.

She said people who worked for the President election are being shut out. Tinubu comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Liberty101: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2016
Nonsense write up.

7 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by NafeesaAA(f): 9:26am On Oct 14, 2016
Aisha didnt tender evidence of stealing by those around the president? Who says i must be compensated with political office for supporting Buhari since the day of ANPP?

When Buhari says he belong to everybody and to nobody, didnt Aisha know strangers would work with her husband?

Her daughters will soon complain of not having a private Jet to ferry them across the globe just like their peers did, hence they wont campaign in 2019.

Other first lady nominated ministersand DG and Aisha too want to have some show.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Beremx(f): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2016
NafeesaAA:

your third paragraph is absolutely nonsense

16 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by ndcide(m): 9:36am On Oct 14, 2016
Personally, I think Aisha is just reacting to the obvious failures of the government her husband runs. She is seeing the pain, anguish and helplessness on the faces of Nigerians and those who supported her husband and just like any manipulative woman, she had to look for who to blame.

More like, raise an alarm, even if you truly don't mean it. Stylishly remove the blame from your husband and tell the world, it's those working with him. I can see through this.

Ladies do it a lot. Had this situation in the country not been this bad, will she say this or worry about who works with her husband?

Abegyy!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by NafeesaAA(f): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2016
Is she wailing because of corruption in the government NO

is she wailing because of the economy? NO

She is wailing because of APPOINTMENTS

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by doctokwus: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2016
A woman aired her candid and heartfelt view on how her husband is derailing from his core group,mandate > objectives of d party under which he won election and the only thing this op can pick out is that Aisha wants d first lady's office restored!
What kind of rubbish opinion by d op is this.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2016
NafeesaAA:

You are completely, hopelessly and utterly deluded.

Corruption is a form of dishonest or unethical conduct by a person entrusted with a position of authority, often to acquire personal benefit.

Now, come back to the remarks made by Aisha Buhari. Doesn't corruption aptly define the over-reaching actions of those in the President's kitchen cabinet.

Sometimes i wonder if your brains have been removed.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Bossontop(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2016
Wetin consign me sef....btw she jus picked up her form oooo so aspiring members should hurry as the final batch of the forms go soon finish heheheheh!!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2016
Beremx:
your third paragraph is absolutely nonsense

It is people like you, who lack foresight that i blame for our current predicament. However the best part is, all of us are suffering it. The suffering in Nigeria hasn't discriminated against any person, APC or PDP.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by PapaBrowne(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2016
NafeesaAA:

If Buhari were performing on the economy, on infrastructure development, on social Renaissance, on even corruption, her complaints would make no sense. But in light of his catastrophic failures, all she said resonates too well with the majority of Nigerians.

You are a classic example of a real zombie. Even his wife that has been with him for decades has decided to cry out, but you in the classic form of zombiesm would still stand in even if Buhari himself decides to wail.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by A7(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2016
I didn't get to listen to the interview, but all I read is Buhari is appointing people he doesn't know. This is rather a ridiculous statement coming from the first lady, unless she can prove Buhari is appointing incompetent people, her expression is nothing but senseless ranting.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by loseyourseld(m): 10:06am On Oct 14, 2016
There is no way you will be president, and know all the people you work with. Apart from kitchen cabinet like chief of staff who should be people you know very well, most other appointments will be based on recommendation.
A person that grew up in Enugu for example and becomes president is expected to appoint ministers from every state like zamfara, he will have to rely on recommendation from people he knows.
However, I agree that those that work for his election should be carried along.
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by arewafederation: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2016
Anyone who is close to the inner circles of the First Lady will agree absolutely with the op...

It's sooo sad! sad
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by A7(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2016
loseyourseld:
There is no way you will be president, and know all the people you work with. Apart from kitchen cabinet like chief of staff who should be people you know very well, most other appointments will be based on recommendation.
A person that grew up in Enugu for example and becomes president is expected to appoint ministers from every state like zamfara, he will have to rely on recommendation from people he knows.
However, I agree that those that work for his election should be carried along.

Only those with good track record, those that merit it after much veting and scrutiny.

Compensating people just because they're loyal to Apc is nepotism, this will pave way for sycophantry and endless fiascos.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Babacele: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2016
NafeesaAA:

Nafeesa I almost agreed totally with you especially given our family background ,globally , where spouse don't employ the public places to air their displeasure when the confine of our homes, the protective familiarity of our family and friends just couldn't put our genuine frustrations across. I disagreed about her genuine concern being Appointments . Sorry to break your heart ; Aisha, like all PMB lovers, is concerned about 1. the strange fellows who have PMB under some spells ,and who have been dishing out some alien stuffs as policies eg destroying the PMB myth of anticorruption by surrounding him with corruption, and 2. the feelings of Nigerians who interpret correctly the effect of the actions of these fellows. On a second thought , if a genuine love and spouse had exhausted all known and traditional means of healing a malady ,for the president is presently afflicted, should she just watch him 'die' like that in the hands of some whores who don't really love him? She is opening a new vista in our human affairs by going public in order to save her love who is presently betwitched by a gang of thieving political LovePeddler with whom he is presently flirting. She knows that beyond 2019 these whores would have disappeared but the consequences of their evils would be hers and her family's to bear . Her style maybe unconventional but not after exhausting all sane means and they seem not be working. Isn't a st00pid person who wouldn't try any other means?
So to save PMB from the moving train she thinks he is ' unwillingly' being led towards, this helpless woman is presently shouting " somebody please heeeeelp!" It is better than keeping quiet.
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by loseyourseld(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2016
A7:

Only those with good track record, those that merit it after much veting and scrutiny.

Compensating people just because they're loyal to Apc is nepotism, this will pave way for sycophantry and endless fiascos.

Well, i agree with that, but politics is just complicated. He will need them again if he is going for second term.
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by richidinho(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Liberty101:
Nonsense write up.

Very nonsense my learned frnd grin

1 Like

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
Bossontop:
Wetin consign me sef....btw she jus picked up her form oooo so aspiring members should hurry as the final batch of the forms go soon finish heheheheh!!! grin grin
Oga I want register.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Kyase(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Liberty101:
Nonsense write up.
Nonsense comment grin
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Chubhie: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
For speaking up and standing for her truth, Aisha buhari has won me over. beauty with a knightish spirit riots my blood!

1 Like

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by OnucheAdams: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
Chubhie:
For speaking up and standing for her truth, Aisha buhari has won me over. beauty with a knightish spirit riots my blood!

If Patience had towed a similar stance, then just maybe Jonathan may still be in power.....
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by RedTarantula: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
arewafederation:
Anyone who is close to the inner circles of the First Lady will agree absolutely with the op...

It's sooo sad! sad

So you are saying she cried out because she wants certain powers arrogated to her?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by Eazybay(m): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
NafeesaAA:

U should undstd that she is also in fear of d said cabal. The President has been caged and some ppl are carrying out impunity with his rubber stamp. She is also being economical with d truth, of course she can't say everything. Wike even said he's sure the presidency did not order d RAID!!! The ppl dat should know, already know buh u are here defending crap

1 Like

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by oduastates: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
The president's wife has conducted herself in a very dignified manner. This is the first time a first lady has genuinely raised concerns about the goings-on in Aso -rock.
If every other previous first lady had done the same, Nigerian would not have been in this sorry state.
Many Nigerians( all ethnic groups) are doing great things overseas.
From education, water, business, local governance, Judiciary, policing, construction etc.
Why are they not being used to change the culture in Nigeria especially in the ministries and parastatals.
E.g that bring back our girls woman who was parachuted into Nigerian ports Authority.
What big corporate business has she ever run.
Put a proper professional there and not only would that person clean up the ports, there is also the possibility of acquiring ports in other countries and turning it into a global corporation.
I Buhari should have restricted political and ethnic based appointments to foreign affairs and ambassadorship.
In many ways, he is repeating some (not all) of the mistakes made by Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by afroniger: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
Anybody with a conscience and fear of God must have realized by now that the woman spoke out of frustration and helplessness perhaps because she felt that was the only medium she had left to have her voice heard. This administration came on board with so much promise and acclaim, only for all that to be replaced by despair and evaporated almost 2-years later. Aisha has felt the pulse of the common man even in the North and she can hear the cries of hunger, suffering, impatience and disappointment in the administration she campaigned vigorously for. Obviously she can't bear it any longer which was why she had to voice out. Buhari's popularity is getting worse by the day at this rate, and only an incurable sycophant would deny that.
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by PaulIdu: 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
Amazingly you are still looking for a way to defend Buhari's total incompetence which is glaring even to the blind ..I campaigned and voted for Buhari and within month I knew he was going to be a disaster and now his own wife has said same but in the usual "Na my brother" attitude you now want to attribute her comment to her loss of Friston lady powered at the villa..SMH

From today onwards I have a lot more respect for Aisha Buhari

1 Like

Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by A7(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
loseyourseld:

Well, i agree with that, but politics is just complicated. He will need them again if he is going for second term.

Technocrats will pass the right message, matching words with action, their first priority is salvaging the country.

Politicians in the other hand are in for themselves, they're never satisfied, there is no limit to their selfishness. No matter how you reward them they want more.

The former have a repute to protect, a sense of ingenuity and utmost respect for common good, they're nation builders.

The later in contrast are the opposite, they have aggressive tendencies of grabbing and dominating, destroying if necessary, they are ready to deploy any kind of evil to fulfill their unending ambitions. I believe Buhari is not so naïve to succumb to pressures even if it's from the first lady to allow this set of opportunist saboteurs handle sensitive portfolios in his govt.

One reason the people voted him in is because of his patriotism and charming record of service, and if he succeeded in turning our fortunes for the best in the 4years mandate given to him, with or without those sharks of politicians he will secure a second term.
Re: My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA by papaejima1: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Spends N10M to Congratulate Donald Trump On Punch Newspaper / Dear Imolites; How Do You See The Rulership Of Imo State? / Obasanjo Meets With Goodluck Jonathan And Wife In Their Otuoke Mansion. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.