Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/10/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/10/16 (657 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(sun. 15/10/2017) Be An Active Christian / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sun. 15/10/2017) Like The Sacrifice Of Cain? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/10/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/10/16 by dallyemmy: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE : SATURDAY 15 OCTOBER 2016

THEME : WHO IS YOUR ROLE MODEL?

Memorise:

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1st Corinthians 11:1

Read: Philippians 3:14-19, (KJV)

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

One thing that thrills me about the Bible is that it is a library of books that confirms that there is no new thing under the heaven. Everything good, bad and ugly have happened before and they are written so that we can learn from them. We have had many leaders in both secular and religious history; we still have leaders in the present age. The question is; who is your role model? Show me your model and I can tell you who you are. In the Bible reading for today, we read about someone who was bold enough to tell his audience to follow him because he was a follower of the Greater Master, Jesus. He went further to tell the Philippians what he did with his life:

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. I press toward the mark of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:13-14

In his effort to please his Master and Lord, the apostle said that those things which were gain to him, he counted as nothing so that he may win Christ and His righteousness. He aspired to become like Jesus Christ to the point of no return. He said in Philippians 3:10:

“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.”

We can learn many things from the life of this apostle: If we look at the dramatic change that followed his encounter with Jesus Christ on the way to Damascus, we cannot help but ask whether we plan to go to the same heaven with this soldier of the Cross. His memoirs are clearly written in 2nd Corinthians 11 and 12. He spoke in part about the price of not only his discipleship but also of his apostleship, as he talked of a thorn in his flesh that buffeted him and then concluded in 2nd Corinthians 12:9-10 by saying:

“And he said unto me, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

Beloved, who is your role model? We have living role models in the present age; those that are sold to the righteousness attainable only in Christ, those who have not corrupted themselves with the affairs of this life. Their lifestyles may not be amiable but if we follow them, our heavenly destination is guaranteed. Paul, the apostle under study, warned us thus in Philippians 3:17

“Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.”

The reason he gave was that many, even as early as the first century Church did not walk uprightly. As it was in the beginning so it is now. Therefore, beloved, watch out for good role models and pattern your life after them as they do after Christ.

Action Point:

Look among Christian leaders and find out those living according to Christ’s doctrine. Follow their footsteps.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Bible in one year: Daniel 9:10, Psalms 78:55-72

AUTHOR: Pst E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 3: DEEPER, DEEPER

Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Chorus:
O deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.

Chorus:

Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.

Chorus:

Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu'ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.

Chorus:

Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow'r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.

Chorus.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/10/16 by dallyemmy: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens,( Saturday, October 15th, 2016) - WHO IS YOUR ROLE MODEL?
1.Thank you Jesus for being a perfect role model for your church, in humility, in teachings and in sacrificial giving of your life, for us, your friends.
2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.
3.Father, in any area of my life and ministry, that the accuser of brethren, Satan, is accusing me before you, please, let your mercy, prevail over judgement in my life, in Jesus name.
4.Father, walk through your church to purge and sanitise it, from all unrighteousness.
5.Father, let every plant you have not planted, in your church be uprooted.
6.Father, quicken my spirit, soul and body and transform my life, completely to reflect your true image, of holiness, power, humility and diligence, etc.
7.Lord Jesus, you are my role model, give me the grace to follow your perfect example, till the end, in Jesus' name.
8.Father, let every wolve in sheep skin in your church, be exposed and disgraced, openly in Jesus name.
9.Father, grant unto me the grace to press forward, towards the price of a higher calling in Christ Jesus, forgetting all past glories and achievements.
10.Lord, my quest daily, is to know you and the power of your resurrection, and the fellowship of your suffering, that l may be made conformable unto your death.
11.Father, make me a disciple indeed, perfect, diligent and fruitful, in all good works.
12.Your Personal petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/10/16 / Marriage And Marrying More Wives: MARRIAGE FALLACY / Dreaming About Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.