Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. (725 Views)

Reuben Abati Trolls Governor Rochas Okorocha On IG (photo) / Governor Rochas Okorocha's 55th Birthday Celebration In Pictures / Governor Rochas Okorocha Spotted On A Motorcycle In Owerri, Nigerians React. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by tauraro22: 12:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Given the recent comment by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state which “says my people have rejected m,” I think Rochas should consider these ten points in order to win back the affection of the people of Imo state.

How do you slap them in the face and at the same time expect them to say thank you sir. In physics it is said that “action and reaction are always equals an opposite.” If the people's reaction is what you are referring to as "my people have rejected me" then you should search your conscience in order to immediately begin to rectify your faults. This is indeed urgent and if nothing is done to mitigate the sufferings you unleashed on Imo people, your relationship with the people will only get worse. What should you do?

1. Restore Owerri - PH road the way it was when you took over power in 2011.

2. Restore the Imo Civil Service to its former respectable status and respectability.

3. Restore public mains water supply in Owerri to its former function ability state the way you met it in 2011.

4. Restore the Imo Hospital System the way you met it in 2011.

5. Restore the cleanliness of Owerri to what it was in 2011 as you took over.

6. Restore the dignity of our traditional institution to what it was before you came onboard. Then some of our monarchs could stand shoulder to shoulder with other prominent Obas and Emirs in the West and North respectively. Today they are grossly diminished in status and respectability due to your administration's machinations.

7. Restore the quality and high standard of education of Imo schools which was reflected in enviable performances in WAEC and JAMB before your arrival in 2011.

8. Remove from your thought processes and self-conduct the illusion that you know it all and therefore cannot be counseled or advised by anyone else in Imo on matters concerning the State and its development. No one individual can be an embodiment of absolute knowledge in life. The impression going out from around you is that you do not listen to alternative opinion and views. That's has not been helpful to Imo and certainly will never be.

9. Stop starting any new projects until you have completed and commissioned the many ones already in progress or apparently abandoned by your government.

10. Remove all traces of arrogance and power intoxication from your psyche because such conduct infuriates the discernible and educated elite class who feel a gross sense of disrespect from their Governor. You should always show absolute respect and humility. It does not diminish the office of Governor in any way.

The summary of all these is that Imo has not been better-off since your emergence despite some positive and concrete efforts of your Government at road infrastructural additions to what was already in place. This is an analysis of reality devoid of sycophancy or sentiment. You are our Governor, Yes. We don't need anything more than good governance from you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by handsam(m): 12:46am On Oct 15, 2016
Wetin I go do with this ftc now grin

Over to you, dude below meundecided
Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by DesChyko: 12:48am On Oct 15, 2016
Hmm.. I am not worthy to start this matter.

Let me see the opinion of the next person first. undecided
Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by Firstboi01(m): 12:49am On Oct 15, 2016
Well, I ashually don't wanna say anything too yet..lipsrsealed

...the brother below me should help us out. wink
Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:55am On Oct 15, 2016
I planned to say something but, the poster below stole it angry
Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by dikeigbo2(m): 1:18am On Oct 15, 2016
Let Ujoatu say something first
Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by FakoMaybach1: 2:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Number one @op Imo state is not owerri..there are 3 senatorial zones, okigwe and orlu are involved; stop concentrating on owerri

Okorocha has won his second term and what he should be worried about is installing his successor.....and with this new INEC style that shouldnt be an issue

Imo people should have sacked him when they had the chance, its too late

Meanwhile...to the lawyers in the house ,please ooo edakun if Buhari divorces his wife is it an impeachable offense?...i dont want a single and searching presidoo ooo cus him fit collect my babe

i cant shout ooo the senate should be pro-active

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by Blue3k(m): 2:07am On Oct 15, 2016
You forgot think two for Govenor Cucaracha O'Rougas. Leave politics for good then have tall glass of bleach on your way out.

Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by millionaireman: 2:22am On Oct 15, 2016
When Rochas Okorocha restores all in your Owerri and forgets the rest of Imo state as you commanded him, population influx from rest of Imo state to Owerri shall still make Owerri smelly and unlivable.

Many of you have completely lost count of the fact that Imo state extends beyond Owerri. Okorocha seems to agree, and that is behind his "my people have rejected me."

A governor who devoted more than 95% of his development projects in five years only to the state capital must be rejected, because he satisfies only a small percentage of Imo state people in Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by millionaireman: 2:30am On Oct 15, 2016
FakoMaybach1:

Number one: @op, Imo state is not owerri..there are 3 senatorial zones, okigwe and orlu are involved; stop concentrating on owerri

Okorocha abandoned Orlu, worse, he left uncompleted roads in Orlu for five years running; made Owerri to become Imo state, and in the process made Owerrians believe that Imo state is Owerri. He thus gave Owerrians the ticket to now kick him like football.

This is just the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:47am On Oct 15, 2016
Rochas cry
Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by lilbazy(m): 2:49am On Oct 15, 2016
He should be parking his loads down... 2019 is around the corner

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by pulkittrivedi: 9:40am On Oct 15, 2016
agree with you....
lilbazy:
He should be parking his loads down... 2019 is around the corner
Re: 10 Things Governor Rochas Must Do Now. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2016
when imo is ready for progress,it shud vote in a technocrat under apga. I'll like to c anambra and imo work hand in hand

(1) (Reply)

Warning ⚠ Other West Africans Want To Take Over This Country Oo!! / I'll Never Contest For Presidential Position - Gov. Ganduje / Amaechi Urge National Assembly To Pass Transport Commission Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.