Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Plateau State Government Bans Shiites - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau State Government Bans Shiites (15043 Views)

Shiites’ Member Faints As Buhari Returns (Photo) / Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood / Plateau State Governor Bans Shiites Islamic Movement In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by josite: 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
A lawful group will not have the temerity to prevent a chief of army staff from passing. If they can block an army chief, they will go on to block any other person. If you disrespect the laws of the land, you will not continue to exist. They can move on to Iran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by kaltonga: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
crosbreaka:

poor reporting.

it is the activities of the IMN (Islamic Movement in Nigeria) that have been banned. not that of Shiites. not all Shiites belong to the IMN in Nigeria. but the IMN is the main Shia group. take example Redeem is a Pentecostal group. NASFAT is a Sunni group. so the religion of Shiite or Shia is not banned. Shia is a worldwide religion or sect/branch of Islam. The IMN is a local group or organization of Nigerian Shia.

anyways, what is the rationale for a christian governor in northern Nigeria joining hands to persecute a Muslim minority? the same persecution that northern Christians complain of, a Christian governor is using the Shiites as punching bag. what a shame! and then when the Fulani/Hausa Sunni beat the hell out of his people in Jos, this same man involving himself in a**lic*ing oppression on the Shia will want others to sympathize with his people.
that explians the northern stooges we have been talking about..they did the bid of there masters like there fellow stooge down south west.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by pchukwudi: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2016
They probably want them to move South.

HungerBAD:
Interesting.

The Kaduna Government placed a ban on their activities, the Kano Government did the same thing, ditto Plateau State. So, my question is, what exactly about the Shiites scares everybody?are they the extreme wing of Islam?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by skydeexie(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
aminulive:
The plateau state government has placed a ban on the activities of shiite muslims (also known as Islamic movement of Nigeria) in the state. The ban on shiites is coming after a [size=14pt]clash between youths and some members of the sect in Angwan Rogo, Jos North.
[/size]
[size=14pt]The youths attacked the sect [/size]members while they were celebrating 'Ashura', a festival that commemorates the death of Prophet Muhammad's grandson. The husanniya (Worship building) of the sect was burnt down and destroyed by the youths.

State governor, Simon lalong, in a statement issued by his media assistant, Mr. Rufus Bature, said that the activities of the sect in the state could no longer be accepted, adding that the ban was necessary to maintain public peace.

http://politicsngr.com/plateau-state-government-bans-shiites/

I think the government is being economical with the truth or playing to the gallery for fear of being accused of Islamophobia or taking sides by not truly naming who these [size=13pt]"YOUTHS"[/size] are. For the uninformed and for shouting out loud, Angwan Rogo in Jos North LGC is wholly muslim enclave. All Christians were chased out of that area apart from those killed out rightly during the various religious upheavals in the State, particularly in 2010 & 2011. Their Churches and houses were either burnt or turned to refuse dumps. There is no single Christian in Angwan Rogo as I write this comment and as of now I stand to be corrected. Now the big question is, who are these [size=13pt]"Youths"[/size] attacking the Shiite sect. [size=13pt]This is simply Muslim on Muslim violence.[/size] They were attacked by the Youth of Sunni sect of Islam and the world needs to know about this - particularly their sect leaders in Iran.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by tonyirore(m): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
crosbreaka:

You can't know if it is true or false as a non-Muslim except you are Shia or Sunni.

It is like Pentecostal and Protestants calling Catholics idol worshippers. Or asking a Catholic about his views on Jehovah's Witness.

The Shia believe they are the true Muslims or the Muslims who have complete understanding of Islam and the Sunnah.

The Sunnis not only believe they are right, but that others too are wrong.

The point is we shouldn't be concerned with what people see as Quranic or not Quranic except if you really want a religious discussion to know the details. In that case, you should check the Islam board on nairaland. The Sunni and Shia are always having heated debates. You can even search the forum for older threads. People should be given the chance to choose.
I really appreciate the civility in your explanation. only if all muslims were like you

3 Likes

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by babz510(m): 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
madridguy:
Nothing like Sunni/Shiite in Yorubaland.
Most yorubas are Sunni...
La ilaha ilalahu Muhammad rosullulahi [s.a.w]
Ask a shiite to say that den diaz trouble...
Jst passing though...

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by stephenponti(m): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

The Kaduna Government placed a ban on their activities, the Kano Government did the same thing, ditto Plateau State. So, my question is, what exactly about the Shiites scares everybody?are they the extreme wing of Islam?
Just a clue on their extremism http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ashura-2016-shia-muslims-flagellate-themselves-chains-knives-graphic-images-1585630&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwio2taGp93PAhXJmBoKHbcuC4UQFgglMAk&usg=AFQjCNH-k5TXa_0k7a8qmZ3NxeUHIyMEFA
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by JUHABACH: 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by HAH: 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Ironically they have not banned the violent sect of Islam, ISIS, Boko Haram, Alqaeda, Alshabab etc are all sunni but is Shia this people are banning, obviously fighting a proxy war for Saudi Arabia.

By the way am a Muslim and don't belief in any sect

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by Moahmed: 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
Blue3k:
The pieces are being set for sectarian war in north this time. Let's see how Army deals with boko haram and potential shiite terror group. These foolish laws will only radicalize them. Only the dimwitts can't see this coming.

Right from time in memorial the shiate group is a radicalized group.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by omojeesu(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
crosbreaka:

You can't know if it is true or false as a non-Muslim except you are Shia or Sunni.

It is like Pentecostal and Protestants calling Catholics idol worshippers. Or asking a Catholic about his views on Jehovah's Witness.

The Shia believe they are the true Muslims or the Muslims who have complete understanding of Islam and the Sunnah.

The Sunnis not only believe they are right, but that others too are wrong.

The point is we shouldn't be concerned with what people see as Quranic or not Quranic except if you really want a religious discussion to know the details. In that case, you should check the Islam board on nairaland. The Sunni and Shia are always having heated debates. You can even search the forum for older threads. People should be given the chance to choose.

Then they should just debate and leave all to the judgement day instead of killing themselves.

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by focus7: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Shiites is a religion platform for raising terrorists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by nonsobaba: 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2016
If you look at islam, you will find out that the blood-thirsty ones among them are all sunnis. From Isis, Al-quaeda, boko haram, taliban, al-shabab, etc are sunnis. Why this governor is aiding them to suppress the peaceful ones amongst them baffles me. The shia are not terrorists like their sunni oppressors. The same Lalong will start crying genocide when the sunnis have finished drinking the blood of shias and start looking for the blood of birom, ngas, tarok and other plateau indigenes to drink.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by drealzum(m): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2016
This Lalong just want to put us on the Plateau in trouble. who is advising this man? Why involve your self with things that are Islamic? its better when kano and Kaduna state ban this group when kasala burst they are all Muslims they can sort themselves but you a bloody christian adding salts to their injury. How do you dialogue with them?They will deal with us more o.......After all we are bloody arnas,infidels,kafiris so to cos wahala and shed blood on our state is no hard thing.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by stephenponti(m): 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
JUHABACH:

while that is extreme, it would seem that they are only hurting themselves in which case, it really is nobody's business

I came across a man charged by police for attempting suicide. And his actual offence was not using the pedestal bridge on the highway.
So when a religion is engrossed in self inflicted injuries that can put human life at risk the government has a right to ban such religion.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by amagugm: 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
All we now is peace to be fit to face this hard times Buhari has put us in.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by ElCount: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
Shey dem don approve 3% tax on federal workers wey dem go take rebuild NE, now they want to start another war so that they can perhaps start taxing our phone calls, sms, food etc for rebuilding the north.

Lord lugard is to blame for this nonsense, otherwise I don't know what I have in common with these barbarians in the north #rubbish
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by TeamSimple(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
hungryboy:
we don't care whether the are a Muslim sect or a Hindu sect,
The have every right to worship any God(s) their own way as guaranteed under our Constitution.
You are very correct..But if this same group commits any atrocities like the one yusuf muhammed (founder of boko haram ) did,people will still call them muslims.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
Abagworo:

Actually they are the people mostly involved in the past killing of Christians at slightest provocation. Northern Nigeria is "metamorphosing" into a mire liberal area and to achieve that some extreme sects might be affected.

Abagworo, I have never joined those who attack u on this forum based on political matters because I feel that every body here are just defending their political views and therefore are biased but I must say here that u are an IDIOT. What do u knw abt the north that makes you say that Shias are the people who have been killing in religious crises? For your info.they have been the ones always protecting xristians at such periods. For you to post something so false shows that u are an immoral Cretin who just wants to earn crumbs regardless of the evil concerned

3 Likes

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by JUHABACH: 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
stephenponti:

I came across a man charged by police for attempting suicide. And his actual offence was not using the pedestal bridge on the highway.
So when a religion is engrossed in self inflicted injuries that can put human life at risk the government has a right to ban such religion.

bruh, those acts clearly do not constitute an attempt at suicide. those injuries are mostly superficial and cannot be reasonably said to be capable to causing greivious harm talkless if ending a life.

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by rabzy01: 3:07am On Oct 16, 2016
[ undecided

Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2016
Clinton9000:
Are yorubaa muslims Shiite or Sunni?

I no just understand, all I know be say I. E Muslim and practice Islam.

F.uck shitte or Shia nonsense.
Re: Plateau State Government Bans Shiites by naijadomainer: 11:37am On Oct 16, 2016
EastGold:
If care is not taken, these people will overwhelm Nigeria like Boko Haram
not realistically possible though. they dont have the numbers. But we seem to be in the beginning of a sectarian problem. IMO there is genocide against shiites and its unacceptable to me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others / Buhari: We’ve Recovered N3.7 Billion, Various Assets From NDDC / APC Challenges DSS To Provide Evidence Of Cloning Of Voters' Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.