Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,236 members, 7,953,885 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

On President Buhari And Aisha- The Humor Side Of Life - Rasheed Adegoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On President Buhari And Aisha- The Humor Side Of Life - Rasheed Adegoke (536 Views)

President Buhari And Aisha Arrive In Turkey For D-8 Summit (Photos) / Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London / Aisha The Female Boko Haram Fighter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On President Buhari And Aisha- The Humor Side Of Life - Rasheed Adegoke by dejt4u(m): 11:40am On Oct 15, 2016
Rasheed Adegoke

THE HUMOR SIDE OF LIFE

- Humorous when the people loudest in complaining about the fact that a woman has a different public opinion and world view from her husband's are the women libers who otherwise hate the word "submission". I guess they are not advocating Aisha be submissive to her husband even if she truly feels PMB is not moving in the right direction and perhaps has tried all other means of getting across to him.

- Quite funny when the people most vocal in supporting Aisha's outburst are the men who in their closets believe their women only belong in the kitchen, sitting room and the other room.

FLIP TO THE SUNNY SIDE OF LIFE

- Granted Aisha's choice of platform and lack of tact in expressing her frustration with possible derailing of the administration of her husband may be somewhat disappointing. The issues she raised are nonetheless issues of national importance - some aren't even totally strange to people who have information about the goings on within this Government.

THE ISSUES:
So what did Aisha say? She said (I mean, I heard):

1. Her husband's Government has been hijacked and is now being controlled by individuals who her husband may have inadvertently trusted to be in his kitchen cabinet but who she now doubts share in the ideals and vision of her husband's administration.

2. She said these individuals who have taken over her husband's administration have made the most important decisions about appointments and have done so in such a way that, on the one hand, it has alienated her husband from the people who worked together with her husband to achieve victory and on the other, her husband does not even know most of the appointees (knowing them here is not from point of nepotism but from the perspective of knowing their competence and level of integrity).

3. She feels her husband is losing popularity and if the trend continues there may even be a revolt against her husband's administration especially by the teaming masses that gave their all to see to her husband's victory at the polls.

4. She philosophical added that she would be too ashamed to even contemplate joining a re-election campaign if her husband decides to run in 2019 on the basis of his current performance.
And what was Baba's response:
I heard PMB saying "I am somewhat disappointed that my wife would disagree with me so openly especially in our primitive political environment which I believe I understand better than her. I would have expected that this is something we can trash out in private within our kitchen, living room or better still, the other room".

Now that you have the information content of the messages without the offensive words, can we discuss the state of our nation objectively?...ARA

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154035986072194&id=744912193&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6341634817360903022%3Amf_story_key.6195276592572102917&__tn__=%2As

lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On President Buhari And Aisha- The Humor Side Of Life - Rasheed Adegoke by udumosam23(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
We need more of your type to make this world a better place.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Orbih Alleges Complicity By Inec, Security Agents, In Edo Election ON / Yemi Osinbajo Attends Nigeria Infrastructure Summit In Houston, Texas (pics) / Fayose Visits Fani-kayode In EFCC Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.