Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. (1014 Views)

Washington Post: Nigerian President’s Long Absence Empowers Energetic Deputy / Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post / President Buhari Arrive Abuja From Washington D.C (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by biaframustcome: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
Interesting comments from washingtonpost's article about the Buhari Aisha Kitchen gaffe, the comments make interesting reading. It seems some of these Americans understand Nigeria better than Nigerians

Ken King
8:19 AM GMT
Absolutely true. The illiterate Buhari is the only Obama's legacy in Nigeria. They picked up this 20th century corrupt coupist and dictator and imposed him on Nigerians. Since he arrived, Nigeria has collapsed in every aspect. A man who has been in power in Nigeria since 1966 and, became a military dictator in 1985, how was he expected to clean up a corruption mess he had always been part of? In 1975, 2.8 billion dollars got missing under his watch as a petroleum minister and between 1994-1999, he was Abacha's right hand man that controlled the oil proceeds. He's also known to have links with boko haram. By the way, reports have it that this wife of his was abducted by him at the age of nine. May be the reason the woman appears bitter and rebellious today.

Publius38
10:08 AM GMT
African governments in general have done so well since independence, haven't they? Of course, the entire blame lies with outsiders.

igboha1
3:01 AM GMT
The strange thing is that the U.S and the U.K ensured Buhari's election as Nigeria's president. I guess what is good for Micheal Obama is not good enough for Aisha Buhari.

ChaosTheoryPhD
4:20 AM GMT [Edited]
Donald Trump has announced that if elected, his first order of business will be creating an unparalleled trade agreement with Nigeria. Trump was overheard to say: "Once she's done in the kitchen, she can go to work in one of my factories. But first she has to pass the groping portion of the interview process. Furthermore I will appoint several Nigerian princes to look into Crooked Hillary's emails. If anyone knows emails, it's the Nigerians."

LOL...the sad thing is, at this point, that sounds like something he would actually say.

norbert0001
2:10 AM GMT
nigeria could be the richest most progressive country in africa. instead the oil money ended up corrupting the elite. same as mexico, venezuela, saudi arabia, the US. we need to get out of the oil business.

gm2525
1:35 AM GMT
Can anyone please name one African country that is well-governed and where the people actually have a decent life

Kritikos
12:14 AM GMT [Edited]
Dayum! The Trump of Nigeria.

LW2
10/14/2016 11:50 PM GMT
Trump is the president of Nigeria?

RixsterLittleD
10/14/2016 7:38 PM GMT
Having been honored and humbled by working with strong West African women over the past 30 years, I posit that President Buhari has just made a strategic blunder for which he will pay both on the domestic and national fronts. Remember, it was the strong, multi-sectoral, multi-faith women of Liberia who organized a sex-boycott of their husbands until the males would finally negotiate a sound peace settlement in Liberia. For a moving documentary, see "Pray the Devil Back to Hell." Those who believe that West Africa is patriarchal are sadly--if amusingly--deceived. You go, Madam Buhari--oh and BTW Honorable President, I'd be wary of eating any food from your wife's "kitchen" until you have walked your public statements back. "Things fall apart."

2 Likes

Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by biaframustcome: 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by DAntivirus: 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by horlahwaley(m): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by urchcam(m): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2016
We Nigerians want this great country move forward and not backward.... If buhari kinds he can't achieve that, I think he should humbly resign

1 Like

Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by biaframustcome: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
OAM4J, Mynd44

Is this not front page material? please do the needful
Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by Chanchit: 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
Bubu thank you o
Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by Chubhie: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
That Ken king must be a pained flatron iPod yoot. The guy just shredded the president of the most populous black nation.

1 Like

Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by finaly01: 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.

Look at what sophisticated politics has brought us in this our Dearest country, even the international community are laughing us.

Honestly I miss Nigeria, I miss my country

3 Likes

Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by TwoBottles: 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
k
Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by DMerciful(m): 10:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bubu is a fraud undecided

1 Like

Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by progress69: 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
See the hate filled piece of garbage that ipod yoot First posted cheesy
Re: See Comment From Washington Post Article About Buhari Gaffe. by Abeymills(m): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
A very wicked useless clueless govt of an evil old tyrant dis one reason I will never forgive Obama d America conspiracy against Jonathan 2 brand repackage dis dullard bubuhari on us where is d nation 2day?same America placed an arms embargo on Nigeria while bokoharam got supplied wit sofisticated weapon we knw they are behind bokoharam just 2 make d nation ungovernable for Jonathan now his in power yet nothing meaningful has been achieved

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun / Nobody Can Impose Representatives On Rivers People- Gov Wike Speaks From The Alt / World Bank Appoints Nigerian,sandie Okoro As Vice President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.