Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Aisha Buhari’s Interview In Hausa Completely Translated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari’s Interview In Hausa Completely Translated (564 Views)

Buhari's Interview With Osasu Show: Speaks On Aso Rock Cabal & Daura (Video) / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text) / Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari’s Interview In Hausa Completely Translated by Mfondear(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2016
Below is the full text of the interview Aisha Buhari granted BBC Hausa language service.

BBC Hausa: It's been One and a half years since President Muhammadu Buhari came into power, a lot of folks are expressing their unhappiness over the way in which few acquaintance of the President have hijacked power while neglecting individuals who work for his success. Like we've promised, here is how the interview with Aisha Buhari and Naziru Maka'ilu from Abuja goes.

BBC Hausa: Individuals have goodwill towards President Muhammadu Buhari, especially looking at the things he did before, but because getting into power things haven't been working the way they should, what can you think is the cause?

Aisha Buhari: I'm not a government official, but in my opinion as a lady, a mother, what I think could it be is well known that the first 4 years aren't going to be easy. Firstly, it was people who brought the government into power. More than half of the individuals aren't appointed to the government. Many people that aren't politicians, not professionals were brought into the government. They don't even understand what we said we wish and what we don't during the campaign. They even turn out and tell people we are not politicians, but they're occupying the offices created for politicians. Some have parted making use of their wives, some lost their children lost, some women too have parted making use of their husbands due to politics, a lot happened through the time. The way things are going I too I am not happy. We are just starting, we have not finished. Some individuals who worked for the federal government have now been appointed. But those heading government agencies you'll find one fighting his state governor, they contested together during election one in APC whilst in PDP.

BBC Hausa: Who're those doing these kinds of things?

Aisha Buhari: Everybody knows them. Those individuals should know that individuals voted singly. Even Buhari too had one vote. Nobody voted 5 times. 15.429 Million People. Any particular one that people are thinking too, he had only some 2 or 3 people. I am pleading to them to have the people at heart and embrace everybody so that we can all move together. Not nevertheless in 2016 or 17, lot of people are creating divisions within the APC, that will be our source of concern. They believe they have worked for the government while those appointed many of them had no voter's card. What I fear is uprising of 15.4 million people.

BBC Hausa: is the President aware some folks are subverting his government?

Aisha Buhari: Whether he knows or he do not, the ones that voted for him knows.

BBC Hausa: But you are the absolute most closest to him, did you tell him?

Aisha Buhari: There is nothing I will tell him, he's seeing things himself. From the people he has appointed, take 50, 45 of them I don't know them. Perhaps he doesn't know them too. I have already been living with him for 27 years.

BBC Hausa: Do you think there are a few people that are dictating to the President things to complete, not him?

Aisha Buhari: That is what I am saying, those who know they do not have voters card, they ought to give opportunity to the ones that have, they're those who struggled and knows what we want to do. Many of them if you visit a meeting with them they will tell you, we're not politicians, if somebody is wise, they'll not accept to take any political office. They didn't even work for it. Even if you are asked to, you must say it's not my profession. Those places not headed by politicians will cause people discontent. BBC Hausa: You might wonder to listen to you say some folks have hijacked the government without him knowing, but who you think are those people?

Aisha Buhari: I don't know them, I don't know them. I don't know them

BBC Hausa: However many folks are calling names, saying 2 or 3 are those, can you that as well?

Aisha Buhari: Yes I agree. Because of those appointed besides Fashola, Ameachi and some people, little, I don't know them, many of us too don't know them, and he too doesn't know them.
Read full story:

http://234news.com/2016/10/15/aisha-buharis-interview-hausa/

(1) (Reply)

How I Emerged As Vice President, By Osinbajo / My Own View Toward's The "Change" President Muhammadu Buhari Promise Us. / Man Begins Trekking From Lagos To Abuja To Support PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.