Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One (639 Views)

'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates / Lincoln Navigator Jeep A Poor Widow Got From Omega Power Ministries As Gift(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by okey1234(m): 4:53am On Oct 16, 2016
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by eistien(m): 5:24am On Oct 16, 2016
salvation is personal
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by kevoh(m): 5:34am On Oct 16, 2016
Interesting Video!
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by duduade: 6:16am On Oct 16, 2016
Of cos wealthy pastors.. Why I dey go the church...? Need to be motivated...

If you mistake follow poor pastor, he fit use his anger rain curses especially when the offering is full of torn ten naira notes...n
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by agwom(m): 6:21am On Oct 16, 2016
weathy pastor and spiritual
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by davido101(m): 6:24am On Oct 16, 2016
What matters is the rhema being received

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by menxer: 6:32am On Oct 16, 2016
Wealthy in what sense?
Poor in what sense?

He may be wealthy in material things but poor in spiritual things or vice versa.

It depends on what you want, do you want Spiritual things or material things?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by brandonobi(m): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2016
rich man vs poor man funny
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by lawaljuliuss(m): 6:55am On Oct 16, 2016
I will rather worship with a spirit led pastor
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by raphieMontella: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2016
.a
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by BossLadyF(f): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2016
Pastors are not meant to be poor according to Mattew 6:33, phillipians 4:19, 2 Corinthians 8:9, Isaiah 60:5, etc
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by olumaxi(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2016
I wil worship with anyone of them that is spiritually sound....the one dat even d devil cant move close to
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by LuvU2: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2016
Whar a ridiculous question. I am nt perfect bt is this what christianity hs been reduced to?

Pls. If a pastor is materially wealthy, it is unto God. If poor, unto God too. What i am weary of is his spiritual standing wif God.

Moreso, i cant worship under a pastor that is not working or toiling like every one else to earn a living.

(If the pastor thinks thar his serving us spiritually is working, he shd think again cos we are all parts of the body of Christ nd hve our roles to play too. Problem is only one part of d body of Christ has claimed almost all the work, and it has left it feeling entitled to our earnings)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by Miladi(f): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2016
As far as I am concerned, church promoters and goers (pastors and members) are both opportunists. The pastors are predatory opportunists while the members are leeching opportunists. In the end the leeches will always lose to the predators.

A predator would always make you to believe that he has got so much to offer you for your advancement in all ramifications, of course the better life is never instant - it'll also be in the future and afterlife. They are faith teachers and hope sellers - perfect manipulation techniques.

Then, to continue teaching you faith and selling hope to you, you (the leech) is expected and must be providing his material needs. He live his own better life at present through your sweat (he's never a practitioner of the message of faith and hope he propagates) - hypocrite.

To continue the circle, from the seeds of your sweat (you leech) he has started living well (materially), so other leaches like you from outside will be attracted to him, boom membership increases, so also will the material seeds (compound interest can be sweet). Then, to make you the earlier leeches permanent (if you're still useful to the organization somehow) he will give you a crumb from his compound interest, and that would of course make you to up your praises of him and even start to worship him - your prayers has been answered. And the circle continues.

People, we're all imperfect manifestation of the perfect creator. The creator is for all that exists. And all what we need to live independently without need for meaningless prayers, he had already given to us all. Let's use our brains which he gave to us, to better of lives the way we want it individually and collectively. I am for humanism. Religion is a scam.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by Junior66(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2016
The real men of God are the ones trekking from village to village evangelizing. Spirutual Pastors all de way.
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2016
Junior66:
The real men of God are the ones trekking from village to village evangelizing. Spirutual Pastors all de way.

must a pastor trek before he is acknowledged as a real man of God?

As long as the man is called and spiritually gifted and sound by God, his gifts will bring him before great men that will bless him.
Re: Would You Rather Worship With A Wealthy Pastor Or A Poor One by Topgainer: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2016
The concept of Weathy or Billionaire Pastors or jet flying Church Executive, at the expense of the followers didn't originate from Christ nor the Apostles. Contributions and donations made were used to provide strictly for the basic needs of the Christian gatherings both within the location of the donor and other locations where the havenots brothers/sisters are.

(1) (Reply)

The Road To Hellfire Is A BROAD Road. Many Are Doing It DOESNT Make It Right / Why Do Christians Fast? / Jesus Is Coming Soon!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.