Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says (13161 Views)

Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays / Oil Marketers ‘Plot’ Kachikwu's Removal / Fg Pays Oil Marketers Outstanding N48.2b Subsidy Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:06am On Oct 16, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has lamented that one third of the activities of the oil marketers are fraudulent.

He also said his administration is greatly encouraged by the uncommon support from Nigerians in the fight against corruption, as well as initiatives aimed at stimulating the economy.

Speaking in an interactive session in Berlin with representatives of the Nigerian Community in Germany, President Buhari said his administration will reciprocate the gesture by strengthening critical institutions needed for sustainable development and prosperity.

“We are working hard to empower our institutions especially our educational institutions.

‘‘If you educate a person that is the best you can do for him but if not you make him susceptible to religious, ethnic, negative thinking and action.

“Nigerians are virtually supporting us in our fight against corruption, security and the economy. He referred to “Rolls Royces,” recently discovered in the homes of certain government officials as a clear reference of the rot in society and the fact that the war against corruption in the country is working.

“There are things that are happening, which if such had happened before there would have been major riot, like the removal of subsidy on fuel,’’ he said.

President Buhari told Nigerians in the Diaspora that it was regrettable that over the years oil marketers had colluded with banks to defraud Nigeria of much needed revenue from the commodity.

“One third of the activities of the oil marketers are fraudulent, you can see how some of us Nigerians are wicked.

“They just take the money, stamp some papers without bringing the product and this fraudulent activity was between bankers and businessmen,’’ he said.

The President therefore declared that his administration will continue to “to be very hard on corruption’’, in addition to encouraging more Nigerians to pay their tax.

“If you work hard and get your money we will try and see how much tax you can pay us, but to take money from government and get away with it no more,’’ the said.

The President used the occasion of his interaction with Nigerians to underscore the importance of his three-day visit to Germany, the largest economy in Europe, noting that he was upbeat on improved trade ties between both countries because of new investment incentives offered by Nigeria.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/554776/most-oil-marketers-are-fraudulent-pmb

3 Likes

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by modath(f): 5:18am On Oct 16, 2016
2/3rd is still a pass, so take care of the 1/3 by ensuring processes are more transparent and default penalties are more stringent..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by eistien(m): 5:29am On Oct 16, 2016
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.

if not of buhari dexterity, he would have given up a long time ago.

carry on sir, I elected you for four years, after that I will assess your administration and decide to vote you again or not.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by jmichlins(m): 5:53am On Oct 16, 2016
I support anything anti corruption no matter whose balls is kicked after all I get nothing out of the lootted proceeds. Having said that, the economy needs stability and enough of saying that we Nigerians are frauds on international media. The best asset a nation can possess is her people and Nigeria is so blessed in that regard but you politicians push us to the brink and we fight back with anything we can

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by teeboila(m): 5:56am On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari just loving it after Dasuki he moves on to Saraki then judges now Aisha seems to be getting him bored so its d turn of the oil marketers. All this while no tangible conviction recorded.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by jmichlins(m): 5:57am On Oct 16, 2016
modath:
2/3rd is still a pass, so take care of the 1/3 by ensuring processes are more transparent and default penalties are more stringent..
and who said you aren't a citizen. This your comment is and reflects the position of a patriot not a zombie and in great contrast to your comment about his statement on the position of his wife in the state of affairs

2 Likes

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:17am On Oct 16, 2016
One third of oyel marketers? What are you now waiting for? Do the needful na... DSS are waiting for ya green light.
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by modath(f): 6:20am On Oct 16, 2016
jmichlins:
and who said you aren't a citizen. This your comment is and reflects the position of a patriot not a zombie and in great contrast to your comment about his statement on the position of his wife in the state of affairs

See i don't require validation cos i know what is right and i never depart from its course.... Buhari made a statement about his wife, not the general populace, his words are reflection of what we see everyday in the society so why the fake posturing?

In a household of purely female children, ask them if truly in their hearts they are complete,they may tell you yes but statements like "Dora Akunyili is a womani" betrays the way we undervalue women and girls in this society...

I neither support nor condemn an opinion a man holds concerning "his wife , i only have objections to where he expressed it...

In case i wasn't clear enough, Aisha Buhari has a right to protest against bad governance in her capacity as an individual but not hold any opinion as "co president" using the word "we"... No , i did not queue in the sun for hours for Aisha to determine or influence who gets what in government, which is the main thrust of her argument...

*mic drop*

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:23am On Oct 16, 2016
All we can do is just to observe grin grin

Like Buhari, Like Rochas

#IStandWithSamDaddy 2019

1 Like

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by NextGovernor(m): 6:39am On Oct 16, 2016
modath:

See i don't require validation cos i know what is right and i never depart from its course.... Buhari made a statement about his wife, not the general populace, his words are reflection of what we see everyday in the society so why the fake posturing?

In a household of purely female children, ask them if truly in their hearts they are complete,they may tell you yes but statements like "Dora Akunyili is a womani" betrays the way we undervalue women and girls in this society...

I neither support nor condemn an opinion a man holds concerning "his wife , i only have objections to where he expressed it...

In case i wasn't clear enough, Aisha Buhari has a right to protest against bad governance in her capacity as an individual but not hold any opinion as "co president" using the word "we"... No , i did not queue in the sun for hours for Aisha to determine or influence who gets what in government, which is the main thrust of her argument...

*mic drop*

I tire for you people oooo.. Someone sleeping in the same bed with a person has said he is incompetent and you that don't know that person is still supporting him till death. You zombie pass becareful....

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by Bugatie(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2016
eistien:

carry on sir, I elected you for four years, after that I will assess your administration and decide to vote you again or not.

Coded wailing cheesy

Why will he give up when he has done two years or is the opposition he's facing worse than what Jonathan faced for 6 yrs?

7 Likes

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by orunto27: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2016
1, sending DSS to intimidate The Judiciary the way you did is ultra vires. 2, send DSS to Soludo, SLS and Emefiele is good Business. 3, Completely SACK Emefiele from the , system and REPLACE with Kemi Adeosun is putting a square peg in a square hole and this is good for business. 4, Pricing is a Policy and Denomination of Forex prices is also Pricing. Emefiele doesn't know this and also doesn't seem to know anything about Foreign Transactions and Exchanges. He is just messing up The Nigerian Banking system every minute. Nigeria will collapse soon the way our banking business is run.

1 Like

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by jmichlins(m): 8:51am On Oct 16, 2016
modath:

*mic drop*

listen love just because it's the position we place women everyday doesn't make it right. Lots of things are wrong with our society and they need CHANGE which is what we have voted for. And if he can see his wife as a person whose power and influence is meant for just three rooms what about other women he doesn't know. In America, wife of the president go all out during campaign and their powers are used to draw voters. Trump is having issues now because of his derogatory comments about women way back not much more a president making such in a state interview beside the most powerful woman on earth whose help he needs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by richidinho(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2016
From west Germany again
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by cyberdurable(m): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2016
[size=18pt]When we av thieves at the helm of affairs things were fair for the average man at worst he eats and sleep comfortably, Now we voted in a Saint things got worse...are we not better off with criminals Umunne m??

#BringBackCorruption Dullarpo[/size]

4 Likes

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by usbcable(m): 9:08am On Oct 16, 2016
modath:

he said activities but typical of nigerian news outlet they turn it into marketers

1 Like

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by jejemanito: 9:08am On Oct 16, 2016

If That Is So, What Do We Call These Ones:

Buratai
Dambazau
Abba Kyari
Babachir Lawal
Mamman Daura

Old Man, Shut Up.

4 Likes

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by DIKEnaWAR: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2016
So this giraffe is still talking ba? Even after his wife had declared him a robot manipulated by Mamman Lizard Daura. I hope it is not Daura that asked him to say this.

Keep hurting our economy with this stupid comment saint Buhari. I blame Tinubu and his greed for control of government that resurrected your dead career.

3 Likes

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by kings09(m): 9:09am On Oct 16, 2016
Pls is dis man talk frm his OTHER ROOM or wat by telling us sumtin we alredy know.

Zombies r coming out small small since THE OTHER ROOM comment is gradually dying down.

Modath go to the OTHER ROOM since ur kitchen n living room wrk is done grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by usbcable(m): 9:09am On Oct 16, 2016
later this same news paper will say hwy is Buhari giving audience to international news media.

he says something they twist it around to mislead the readers
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.leadership.ng/news/554776/most-oil-marketers-are-fraudulent-pmb

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by usbcable(m): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2016
kings09:
Ok
DIKEnaWAR:
Ok
cyberdurable:
grin
richidinho:
F
space bookers association
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 16, 2016
modath:

*mic drop*

You are one of the few smart people on Nairaland. I love reading your comments.

5 Likes

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by cr7lomo: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2016
Tell us something we never knew...we are not surprised that u know that ur brothers are so fraudulent in the oil business in this country, after all they are the ones that run the show just as BDC... ur brothers ruined this country and are still ruining this country.

In the history of this nation since independence, u and your brothers have ruled this country (75%) leaving the remaining 25% for the rest to share in ruling, but still pummelled this nation into disaster... U and ur northern brothers are illiterates but u guys keep on forcing the nation into surrendering power to u guys , thereby decimating our economy... Since u guys took over power, it's been one wahala to another...from Gowon throwing the country into civil war to muritala and coup to u urself sacking a democratic government and killing our economy to IBB leading us to corruption and annulling a free and fair election , to Abacha creating sanctions from AU- UN and also killing our economy, and also introducing talk against my government and die to yaradua Hu was fair enough but died in office to u now that has led us to recession...u guys are a curse to this nation.... I swear , we need out. We cant cohabit with illiterates and watch them rule us... AFGHANISTAN AND UNITED KINGDOM CANNOT COHABIT!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by kings09(m): 9:11am On Oct 16, 2016
Go to the kitchen or OTHER ROOM my friend. Ur opinion doesn't matter grin
modath:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by nofij(m): 9:11am On Oct 16, 2016
The oil marketers belong to #TheOtherRoom
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by cyberdurable(m): 9:11am On Oct 16, 2016
usbcable:
Am jobless

Fixed cool

1 Like

Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by cornel994(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2016
Keep condemning nigeria and nigerians to d outside world and expect investors to invest in nigeria. Either buhari's advisers are death or dey r figure heads. Fella said it all
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by Millz404(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2016
Nobody cares about what you say any more bro
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by doskie(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2016
Oya start catching them. Because this government MI is all about catching thieves.
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by yinkslinks(m): 9:16am On Oct 16, 2016
Yes in their Other Room.
Re: One Third Of Oil Marketers Are Fraudulent- Buhari Says by DIKEnaWAR: 9:16am On Oct 16, 2016
eistien:

I don't want a ban biko.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Did Not Reject Magu’s Nomination – Ndume / 2023: Anambra Traditional Rulers Bless Peter Obi / Pete Edochie: Ugwuanyi Is My Dearest Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.