Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

3 Important Steps To Build Consumer Trust - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Important Steps To Build Consumer Trust (411 Views)

7 Ways To Build Consumer Trust Naturally / Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI / Important Steps To Start Up Your Own Bean Flour Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Important Steps To Build Consumer Trust by mpone: 9:53am On Oct 16, 2016
www.tekrose.com

Trust is an essential element in building and maintaining customer relationships.

It’s so essential, in fact, that over 60% of consumers read reviews before they purchase a product/service because they don’t trust what the brand says about themselves alone.

That stat quickly proves that building consumer trust is important.

That is, if you like happy customers and making sales…

Every day, you and I are bombarded by dishonest marketing messages that convince us to purchase products that we think will suit our needs.

And it’s not just small fly-by-night businesses.

It’s well-known companies that you and I have put our trust in for years.

The fortunate thing for you is that you have the choice not to operate with distrust.

You can (and should) choose to establish trust-filled relationships with your target audience.

Always Provide Value First

The process of building trust begins with providing value to your prospects.

It’s your job as a business owner to prove that your company’s message and offerings are worthy of your audience’s time, attention, and later down the road, their money.

You do this by giving away useful items that will benefit your prospects.

A few suggestions of valuable items you can give away:

An article that contains important info your prospect is interested in.
A guide that helps a prospect complete a task efficiently.
A tool that makes it easier and more efficient for your prospect to do something.
A template that shows how to do something.
If you’re not sure what will work best for your target audience, ask yourself the following questions:

Whom am I writing to/for?
What problems/questions do my prospects have that I can solve/answer?
What information can I pass along that will benefit my readers?
It’s amazing the power that one useful tip, article, or how-to guide can have on building trust with your audience.

Don’t Be Greedy

As a savvy business owner, you already know that, in exchange for the valuable content, you’re going to ask prospects for something in return.

Most likely, that “thing” is going to be an email address. And because you’re such a smart cookie, you know that’s a completely acceptable thing to ask for.

What’s not acceptable is when business owners—of course, this would NEVER be you—ask for an email address, phone number, a subscription to 3 additional newsletters, and your firstborn child.

The point…don’t be greedy!

As soon as you begin to ask for too much, you’re going to scare people away and lose the trust you worked so hard to gain.

Keep it simple. Keep it easy. Keep it realistic.

Continue to Send Value

At this point, you’ve been able to gain some trust from your audience. It’s now vital to continue building your relationship.

Let’s think about it in dating terms.

You’ve already made a wonderful impression, and your date, and new love interest (AKA your prospect), decided to take himself off Tinder and pursue only you.

(With your suave looks and charming personality, it’s really no surprise.)

But what happens if you suddenly disappear and stop talking to your target audience after the first date?

Your prospects are going to find themselves with a gallon of ice cream, watching The Notebook, while pondering what went wrong in your relationship.

And eventually, they’re going to move on and discover a new guy. This “new guy,” of course, is one of your competitors.

Prevent this awful ending to a love story from happening by keeping the lines of communication open with your prospect.

You need to continue to “date” him in order to move your relationship to the next level.

This doesn’t mean that you ask your prospect to marry you, have 7 children, and move to Abuja.

Nothing against Abuja, of course, but it’s asking for too much, way too soon.

To further clarify in business terms, you can’t give away one small piece of marketing content and then expect your prospect to instantly say,“Yes” to purchasing your #25,000 product.

I know, it sounds crazy, but it happens all the time.

Start by taking it slow.

Send valuable content that continues to build your business-customer relationship. Make small moves.

After you’ve build up some additional trust, ask your prospect to make a small purchase. If they go for it, you’re on the right track!

Over time, you’ll be able to work your audience up to purchasing higher ticket items after you’ve proven that both you and your products are trustworthy.

http://www.tekrose.com/3-important-steps-to-build-consumer-trust/

1 Share

Re: 3 Important Steps To Build Consumer Trust by ezechueze(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2016
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HOT DISCOUNTS (lemon Friday Promo) / Another Source Of Income? / Your World; My World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.