Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board (889 Views)

Honda CRV 2007/2008 Dash Board Part Needed / Dash-board-lights-and-signs / Help : This STOP Light Is Always Coming UP On My Dash Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board by speed001: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hello auto gurus. Pls I have an issue with my mums car a Mazda tribute 2001 model LX V6. attached is a symbol that displays on the dash board that ibdont understand. I've gone through the manual but could not find any icon that looks like that. I knoebthe first one is check engine and I've scanned and it is code P0435 and the attached reading is also uploaded. Another quick one is the reservoir coolant storage always goes beyond the mark and tends to begin to rise above the full mark but car does not overheat. I scanned car today and got the temp at 212degrees Fahrenheit. Temperature is always at half mark as indicated in the pics below. Attached is pic is what I'm talking about. But truth be told d car is a speed demon and so balanced on the road. Thanks guys as I wait forward to ur inputs. God bless

Re: Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board by nurey(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pls first of all racing is illegal and why will you be racing in that car with its high ground clearance and airbag not functioning or so.

The red one which the temperature guage is pointing at is for airbag issue.

Orange = check engine
Red after check engine is airbag issue
Next is coolant issue.

Hope this car is not accident car or lemon
Re: Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board by speed001: 6:40am On Oct 18, 2016
Thanks @ nurey. Its not an accidented car at all. For three years car has been in top shape with nonrepaira done at all apart from servicing. The check light came up when my brother was involved in a collision and d car refused to start. They had to bring an electrician who said something about a fuse been blown and stuff and also affected the fuel pump. All was changed and car cranked as first start. I was not home when all this happened. D coolant issue started when the engine was washed. The car overheated and we discovers that coolant was not flowing to the upper hose . pls advise on what to do. Thanks all. NB CAR WAS IN A FOUR HOURS HOLD UP YESTERDAY AND DID NOT OVERHEAT.
Re: Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board by honmusa(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2016
speed001:
Thanks @ nurey. Its not an accidented car at all. For three years car has been in top shape with nonrepaira done at all apart from servicing. The check light came up when my brother was involved in a collision and d car refused to start. They had to bring an electrician who said something about a fuse been blown and stuff and also affected the fuel pump. All was changed and car cranked as first start. I was not home when all this happened. D coolant issue started when the engine was washed. The car overheated and we discovers that coolant was not flowing to the upper hose . pls advise on what to do. Thanks all. NB CAR WAS IN A FOUR HOURS HOLD UP YESTERDAY AND DID NOT OVERHEAT.
What to do about what??
Re: Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board by omotoda(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
2 issues could be responsible for this.It is either you have air in the cooling system in which you need to bleed the radiator or the sensor at the base of the expansion tank is bad.Was any work done on the radiator ?
Re: Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board by speed001: 3:50am On Oct 19, 2016
@ honmusa coolant rises to full level in expansion tank but car does not overheat. Well techically it has never risen to e extent of gushing out from the expansion tank. yesterday I went to d mechanic shop and when I opened the bonnet the coolant was just at d right place. Me sef come confuse. Prior to that time let say 3 minutes earlier, I parked and opened d hood only to find that coolant has moved from the F mark to almost near the reservoir cover only for me to get to d mechanic shop d fin don correct e head. D mechanic advised that I connect d fans directly. I just smiled and drove off.
@ omo yes. D car overheated and we discovered that coolant was not flowing through the top hose connected to d engine expansion tank nor radiator was not worke on.
Re: Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board by omotoda(m): 4:57am On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=speed001 post=50321242]@ honmusa coolant rises to full level in expansion tank but car does not overheat. Well techically it has never risen to e extent of gushing out from the expansion tank. yesterday I went to d mechanic shop and when I opened the bonnet the coolant was just at d right place. Me sef come confuse. Prior to that time let say 3 minutes earlier, I parked and opened d hood only to find that coolant has moved from the F mark to almost near the reservoir cover only for me to get to d mechanic shop d fin don correct e head. D mechanic advised that I connect d fans directly. I just smiled and drove off.
@ omo yes. D car overheated and we discovered that coolant was not flowing through the top hose connected to d engine expansion tank nor radiator was not worke on.[/quot

That is it..You've had an issue of overheating before. You need to bleed the system,it's obvious there is air in your radiator.

(1) (Reply)

2017 Maybach S650 Cabriolet Is The Future Of Luxury, Today. / .. / Did You Know That “playboy” Was Named After A Car Company (full Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.