Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations (23090 Views)

How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required / Building A 4 Flats Of 3 Bedroom House At Emene Enugu. Costs And Pictures. / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by markpenk: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
Good afternoon everyone. I have been an ardent, if silent follower of the property section. I'm just embarking on a roofing project for my dad's house and would like your recommendations. I took my time to search through this forum for a guide or a primer on the various types of roofing sheets, their costs, pros and cons and so on but couldn't find any.

So, I decided to create this thread so that the learned and experienced ones can educate us, while newbies who are just doing their first builds can at least get the appropriate information or possible cost estimates for their roofing projects.

So, my ogas that have done this in the past/or are familiar with roofing costs, please help. Thank you.

spyder880, egunmogaji, hajj mufutau, rotecch77, ytechconst, cornerstone001, nikkypearl

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by rotecch77(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
If you have enough capital I will advise you to go for long span aluminium roofing sheet,0.45 or 0/55 guage,with this you will have a rest of mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Oct 17, 2016
Your decision should be, what type of building finish do you have in mind. If you are looking at a moderate finish with a good look, go for long span aluminium , or go a little higher and do the step tiles aluminium like Oga Rotecch77 has said.

If you are loaded, go for the stone coated roofing tiles, but look out for the better quality so it does not fade away and dissapoint you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by gist4kidsblog: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2016
Ok

Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by bsideboii(m): 6:40am On Oct 17, 2016
Following keenly.
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by moshino(m): 6:40am On Oct 17, 2016
spyder880:
Your decision should be, what type of building finish do you have in mind. If you are looking at a moderate finish with a good look, go for long span aluminium , or go a little higher and do the step tiles aluminium like Oga Rotecch77 has said.

If you are loaded, go for the stone coated roofing tiles, but look out for the better quality so it does not fade away and dissapoint you.

What brand and gauge of the stone coated roofing tiles would you advise?
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by ekwe18(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2016
Stone coated roof at affordable prices.
Call or Whatsapp 08037956267

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Qabt(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2016
I can see a lot of carpenters in the building.... bless up
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by sinisters(m): 6:54am On Oct 17, 2016
American Rain Gutters
Don't look @ the sophistication, it's also very affordable!!

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 17, 2016
Long span, stepped tiles, metcopo, 0.45 or 0.55mm Gauge or Stone coated (bond, classic, shingle, roman, Milano) are all different type of roofing sheets with different price.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:01am On Oct 17, 2016
The type of roof u need depends on design of ur building and d cash u have.....
It can b longspan Aluminium, steptiles, stone chips and d rest..... reach me on whatsapp 08133086298 or simpletech2006@gmail.com
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 17, 2016
rotecch77:
If you have enough capital I will advise you to go for long span aluminium roofing sheet,0.45 or 0/55 guage,with this you will have a rest of mind

How much will it cost for a 3 bedroom 4 flats?
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by qtx(m): 7:10am On Oct 17, 2016
This is getting more interesting, i want to start my project very soon. Keep the info coming grin
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Tyche(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2016
cool
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by opalu: 7:16am On Oct 17, 2016
90% of the buildings done by Daystar Shelter Ltd is done with superior stone coated on Galvanised steel trusses.
Visit www.daystarshelter.com
WhatsApp:- 08070809889
We build first class structures with world class finishes

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by remiopash: 7:17am On Oct 17, 2016
How much do i need to roof a 4bedroom room bungalow ?
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2016
moshino:

What brand and gauge of the stone coated roofing tiles would you advise?

I use New Zealand made roofing tiles mainly. I use Wichtech or Tilcor tiles most times. I have become used to their consistent and reliable quality. But they are also very costly.

I have also used a few Korean made roofing tiles and they are still looking good after some years.

But that does not mean there are no other quality roofing tiles out there. There are still some very good ones I have seen, looks very good and even cheaper, but I have not used those.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by ezechueze(m): 7:24am On Oct 17, 2016
OK
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by MAXIMAL123(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2016
Oga, good day to u Sir, to say the truth I dnt no anything about Roofing styles But when talking about Electrical, CCTV and Electric Fence Installations pls that's in my Blood, thanks as I look forward for ur call and interest smiley
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by spyder880(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2016
remiopash:

Do the roof wood works, then have measured for roofing sheets and total cost.
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by skigbu: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2016
call for your 3D work at 090810347402

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by propertyvendoor: 7:36am On Oct 17, 2016
Nice
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Princelegacylemoha(m): 7:38am On Oct 17, 2016
Consult a trusted Roofing company
You will see samples , specifications, durability, and costs
Then you financial ability decides

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by rotecch77(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2016
@vopal,it depends on the size of your building
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by georgeuneze34(m): 7:53am On Oct 17, 2016
House we install all kinds of cars parks and danpalor,skylights in your houses and designs of kind, we paint houses and install step case ETC . Contact us 08161310517 , e-mail: charles_sol82@yahoo.com, MR. GEORGE UNEZE
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by meetdavid: 7:55am On Oct 17, 2016
sinisters:
American Rain Gutters
Don't look @ the sophistication, it's also very affordable!!

Beautiful awse please aw much did d parapette cost..
Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Kaybee14(m): 8:02am On Oct 17, 2016
There is 0.45mm & 0.55mm-long span aluminium, step-tile aluminium, metcoppo, stone coated roofing tiles. Also, the design on the woodwork should be taken into consideration. Thus, it all depends on your budget.
My signature says it all.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by drtwist(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2016
Markpenk it depends on your financial prowess, choice and also the location of the building!
Also the building roof carcass design also play a bit role

1 Like

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by paulavon: 8:25am On Oct 17, 2016
remiopash:

To roof a 4 bedroom bungalow budget 450k for the wood work and 950k for long span roofIng sheet.That was the price quotation I got last week for my 4 bedroom bungalow.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by Lokoyen(m): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2016
paulavon:

To roof a 4 bedroom bungalow budget 450k for the wood work and 950k for long span roofIng sheet.That was the price quotation I got last week for my 4 bedroom bungalow.

Please try use another guys for your quote. This is too costly for 4 bedroom.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations by KolaShangOne(m): 9:01am On Oct 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls What Is The Minimum Height Of Oversite Concrete(german Floor)? / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Rivers state, Three Feared Dead (Photos) / What Should I Look Out For When Buying A Land? Help Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.