Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls (583 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Reappears In New Video, Says Boko Haram Will Take Over Africa / Shekau Surfaces In New Video, Says Boko Haram Not Crushed / Boko Haram Sets New Conditions To Free 83 More Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by nesta007(m): 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Boko Haram has expressed its willingness to negotiate the release 83 more Chibok girls, presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said Sunday, days after the release of 21 abducted girls.
In an interview with Reuters Foundation, Mr. Shehu said leaders of the Islamic State-affiliated group released 21 girls on Thursday to assure the Buhari administration their faction held the girls.
“These 21 released girls are supposed to be tale bearers to tell the Nigerian government that this faction of Boko Haram has 83 more Chibok girls,” Mr. Shehu said. “The faction said it is ready to negotiate if the government is willing to sit down with them.”
Nearly 300 Chibok school girls were abducted by the sect in April 2014.
President Buhari has repeatedly said he would be willing to negotiate with the group if its genuine leaders are identified.
The Boko Haram faction said the remaining kidnapped Chibok girls were with another faction of the sect controlled Abubakar Shekau, Reuters Foundation quoted Mr. Shehu as saying.
Boko Haram has apparently split into at least two factions.
One is believed to be controlled by the elusive leader, Mr. Shekau, and another by Musab al-Barnawi, who is said to be the son of the group’s founder, Mohammed Yusuf.

The conditions for the release of the 21 girls on Thursday are not yet clear.
The Information Minister, Lai Mohammed, on Thursday, denied reports that the government had swapped captured Boko Haram fighters for their release and said he was not aware if any ransom had been paid.
President Muhammadu Buhari said in Germany he was not informed of what the government traded for the girls.
He said he would receive full briefing after arriving in Nigeria this week.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/212893-nigerian-govt-says-boko-haram-ready-to-negotiate-release-of-83-more-chibok-girls.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
I hope this is not one of those political statements made on the spur of the moment just to appease some descenting group.
I pray for more releases so that our joy can be full.
Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by Built2last: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
I am far left in my paradigm but please excuse me for that.

I would like to ask. What is special about Chibok girls. What makes them better than every other captive under Bokoharam enclave.

47 students were murdered by Bokoharam in a government secondary school and we have forgotten them even when their parents still mourn.

Should we also forget the 18 women abducted by Bokoharam in Konduga born state. Are those ones back? The 21 Fulani men also abducted by Bokoharam for which their wives and children are groaning now. Are they back? Many people have returned but many more are still in captivity. If not for political colourations, what is special about Chibok girls? What makes them better than all others who are also in Bokoharam captivity.

Now take a look at this, 21 was released this week. They are now willing to release 82 in less than a week. What was the agreement reached to release 21 that they couldn't reach to release all. All though Lai Mohammed maintains nothing was exchanged. Are Bokoharam now born again suddenly? Which wind blew in Sambisa in the last week that these girls are released in batches like Jamb result.

The political move is that they want us to believe that all the girls will be released before the end of the year. Once they achieve that. They will close the chapter on all who are still captive with Bokoharam.

Note that Bring Back our girls group has put them under pressure in the last 6 months and their reactions towards the group has generated high criticsms. Hence this quick fix.

Have you watched the entire interview Buhari granted DW TV in Germany. The guy asked him, what was exchanged for the release of the 21 Chibok girls. Our president said he doesn't know how the negotiations went and what was exchanged. He said the girls were released the day he left Nigeria for Germany. Our commander in chief doesn’t know what was used in Negotiations with Bokoharam. This buttresses Aishas claim that some cabal are in charge. In fact he sounded surprise that the girls were released.

I will look for that full interview and upload here.

I pray that all Nigerians who are in captivity returns safely. May God console families still hurting for their losses to Bokoharam

Days ahead will reveal the ultimate truth of the schemes, schisms and power play. Fear the Daura secret Service.
Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by Built2last: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun...supposed Good news
Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by ezechueze(m): 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
OK
Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by BALLOSKI: 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari , my demigod!
Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by BALLOSKI: 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
Built2last:
[s]I am far left in my paradigm but please excuse me for that.

I would like to ask. What is special about Chibok girls. What makes them better than every other captive under Bokoharam enclave.

47 students were murdered by Bokoharam in a government secondary school and we have forgotten them even when their parents still mourn.

Should we also forget the 18 women abducted by Bokoharam in Konduga born state. Are those ones back? The 21 Fulani men also abducted by Bokoharam for which their wives and children are groaning now. Are they back? Many people have returned but many more are still in captivity. If not for political colourations, what is special about Chibok girls? What makes them better than all others who are also in Bokoharam captivity.

Now take a look at this, 21 was released this week. They are now willing to release 82 in less than a week. What was the agreement reached to release 21 that they couldn't reach to release all. All though Lai Mohammed maintains nothing was exchanged. Are Bokoharam now born again suddenly? Which wind blew in Sambisa in the last week that these girls are released in batches like Jamb result.

The political move is that they want us to believe that all the girls will be released before the end of the year. Once they achieve that. They will close the chapter on all who are still captive with Bokoharam.

Note that Bring Back our girls group has put them under pressure in the last 6 months and their reactions towards the group has generated high criticsms. Hence this quick fix.

Have you watched the entire interview Buhari granted DW TV in Germany. The guy asked him, what was exchanged for the release of the 21 Chibok girls. Our president said he doesn't know how the negotiations went and what was exchanged. He said the girls were released the day he left Nigeria for Germany. Our commander in chief doesn’t know what was used in Negotiations with Bokoharam. This buttresses Aishas claim that some cabal are in charge. In fact he sounded surprise that the girls were released.

I pray that all Nigerians who are in captivity returns safely. May God console families still hurting for their losses to Bokoharam

Days ahead will reveal the ultimate truth of the schemes, schisms and power play. Fear the Daura secret Service.[/s]
stop yammering!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by avoSunkanmi(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Built2last:

Days ahead will reveal the ultimate truth of the schemes, schisms and power play. Fear the Daura secret Service.
noted
Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by dustmalik: 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Built2last:

So we should forget about the chibok girls simply because others have died in the hands of boko haram? Are you okay, Mr. Hater?
Re: Nigerian Govt Says Boko Haram Ready To Negotiate Release Of 83 More Chibok Girls by Built2last: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=dustmalik post=50259947]
So we should forget about the chibok girls simply because others have died in the hands of boko haram? Are you okay, Mr. Hater?[/quotell

Woow, you certainly have a problem with comprehension. Read more and seek help.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Abandons 'kitchen Portfolio', Heads To Belgium For Women's Forum / World War Three Warning - How To Survive A Nuclear Bomb / My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.