Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside (634 Views)

No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? / Jesus Is A Fake. Only The Old Testament Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
[b]
1. God is One

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".

It is a Hebrew quotation which means: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" [The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

3. Old Testament condemns idol worship

(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

[size=14] "Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9][/size]
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 17, 2016
Cc: APCsupporter aminusanti

1 Like

Re: God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside by aminusanti(m): 1:39am On Oct 17, 2016
FriendChoice:
[b]

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".

It is a Hebrew quotation which means: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" [The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is [size=15pt]no saviour[/size]."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]
but paul told them jesus is the saviour. See plain truth abeg but dis pple r deliberately lying to themselves.

(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

[size=14] "Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9][/size]
[/b]
pls just look at how crystal clear These messages re! warning upon warning yet dis kafiruns are not abiding by it, they prefer to go by what paul taught them not jesus

1 Like

Re: God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside by alfarouq(m): 7:12am On Oct 17, 2016
I have always told Christians that there is no difference between them and the idol worshippers, the are even worse.
Every idol worshipper if asked who created the heavens and the earth, they will never say it is their idol I.e oya, sango, amadioha, they will tell you its the one and true God, you will get the same answer if you ask a Christian.
The problem arise when you probe further and ask why don't they worship God directly, the pagan would respond God is too great for them to approach directly, some even would say they are too unclean to communicate with God directly, hence the need for the intermediary but when you ask Christians, the more reasonable would say that man is too unclean to be able to come in the presence of God and even attain salvation hence Jesus serves as the link. The unreasonable ones would give unconvincing reason that they are the same, some would even say God is the father and Jesus is his son. They didn't only sought intermediary, they even made a mortal who ate, drank, sleep, answered the call of nature to be God's equal.
Are they not worse?

1 Like

Re: God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside by APCsupporter: 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
FriendChoice:
Cc: APCsupporter aminusanti

Thanks for the mention brother

2 Likes

Re: God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside by APCsupporter: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
This is another big evidence that christianity is not the true religion. They go against the teachings of the bible. A sect among them worship idols sef.

4evergod come and see the truth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fake News - Sign Fireman Exposed / Jehovah's Witnesses On Ponzi Schemes / This Is A Revelation - Who Is A Christian ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.