Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Iraq Just Began What Could Be 'the Most Complex And Largest' Anti-isis - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iraq Just Began What Could Be 'the Most Complex And Largest' Anti-isis (562 Views)

The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is / Mourners Attend Qasem Soleimani's Funeral Ceremony. Iraq Asks US Forces To Leave / See The Largest Anti-gun Protest Ever, Organized By Florida Shooting Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iraq Just Began What Could Be 'the Most Complex And Largest' Anti-isis by michellhilton(m): 2:04am On Oct 17, 2016
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announced late Sunday night the start of the operation to liberate Iraq's second-largest city, Mosul, from the Islamic State more than two years after it fell to the terror group.

"The hour has come and the moment of great victory is near," al-Abadi said in a speech on state TV, surrounded by the Iraqi armed forces' top commanders. "I announce today the start of the operation to liberate the province of Nineveh."

The operation is the largest deployment of Iraqi soldiers since the US invasion in 2003, and it is being bolstered by airpower from a 60-country anti-ISIS coalition.

The liberation of Mosul has been the linchpin of the Obama administration's plan to defeat ISIS in Iraq, though Washington has expressed concern over Baghdad's plans to move forward with the Mosul operation this year.

http://www.michellhilton.com/2016/10/MosulOffensive.html

Re: Iraq Just Began What Could Be 'the Most Complex And Largest' Anti-isis by GMBuhari: 3:53am On Oct 17, 2016
Dem just wake??
Re: Iraq Just Began What Could Be 'the Most Complex And Largest' Anti-isis by Sibrah: 4:05am On Oct 17, 2016
What were they waiting for?
Re: Iraq Just Began What Could Be 'the Most Complex And Largest' Anti-isis by kadas01(m): 5:31am On Oct 17, 2016
I pray for victory of the security forces over those "demonic isis gang"!!

Good shall always prevail over evil (Amen)!!

(1) (Reply)

Like Jonathan, Clinton Calls Trump, Congratulates Him / I Hope This Is A Fantasy......donald Trump / Like GEJ, I Hope Obama May Have Learned This From #USElection...!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.