Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Hashshashin - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hashshashin (1086 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 2:42am On Oct 22, 2009
As a Nigerian muslim, will you support the emergence of the Hashshashin sect within the muslim community to help establish freedom and good government in Nigeria?

The Hashshashin (also Hashishin, Hashashiyyin, or Hashasheen) from which the word assassin is thought to originate, was the Persian derived designation of the Nizari branch of the Isma'ili Shia Muslims during the Middle Ages. The Nizari or Hashshashin as they were designated by their enemies split from the Fatmid Isma'ili Empire following a dispute regarding the succession of their spiritual and political leader the Fatimid Caliph Ma'ad al-Mustansir Billah.

They are survived by the Shia Imami Isma'ili Muslims in the contemporary world, otherwise known as the Nizari, and are currently led by the Aga Khan IV their 49th Imam.

Despite being a minority within a minority, the Isma'ili, under the leadership of their Imams, succeeded in establishing a generational secretive underground movement against the Abbasid Caliphate. They based their ideas on Greek philosophy, mysticism, and an end to perceived corruption and greed. They would turn their revolutionary ideals into reality by establishing the first Shia state--the Fatimid Empire, spanning across the Mediterranean and Levant, with its capital in Cairo. The empire's goal was to bring scientific and social breakthroughs to all its peoples, including religious freedom.
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 3:56am On Oct 22, 2009
Why must you spread lies mr hashashin. Haa i tire for ur lies o
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 4:09am On Oct 22, 2009
Which lies?. Muslims invented the word "assassination"?
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2009
Shakespear invented the word assasination. Cross worshipper are too blind to realize that the media are bunch of liars.
Re: Hashshashin by muhsin(m): 11:24am On Oct 22, 2009
My biggest problem with you, Emeka, is running into a thick smoke whenever your lies are rebutted. That enfeebles me to respond to most of your tantrum infected posts.
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Abuzola:

Shakespear invented the word assasination. Cross worshipper are too blind to realize that the media are bunch of liars.

Who dash monkey like Shakespeare that honor?

Hashshashin
Part of a series on Shī‘ah Islam
Ismāʿīlism

The Hashshashin (also Hashishin, Hashashiyyin, or Hashasheen) from which the word assassin is thought to originate, was the Arabic designation of the Nizari branch of the Ismā'īlī Shia Muslims during the Middle Ages.[1] The Nizari, or Hashshashin, as they were designated by their enemies,[2] split from the Fatimid Isma'ili Empire following a dispute regarding the succession of their spiritual and political leader the Fatimid Caliph Ma'ad al-Mustansir Billah.
Contents [hide]

The sect referred to themselves as al-Da'wa al-Jadīda (Arabic:الدعوة الجديدة), which means The New Call (to Conversion), as opposed to the Fatimid Old Call to Conversion.
The designation assassin, it has been suggested by some, simply means followers of Hassan (which refers to the group's master Hassan-i Sabbah). The term Hashshashin is also widely suggested to have been derived from the plural of the Arabic word "Hashshash" (Arabic:حشّاش) which means "hashish user"wink, although this remains a matter of dispute. A contemporary variation on the theory, described by Burman, is that Hashshashin was a derogatory epithet applied by the sect's critics, who regarded neighboring Nizaris with suspicion due to their secretive society, and their employment of philosophical concepts and heterodox theology. The term may have originated as a metaphor[3] to describe the Nizari's odd behavior as "crazed people," as in "those people who are addled, as if by cannabis," and that the epithet may have gradually been presented as fact by later enemies of the sect. The Nizari's use of psychoactives (mainly Cannabis) has been dismissed as myth by many contemporary scholars, but it has to be remembered that it was a popular myth during the period. It may also refer to "those who produce hashish," however this etymology is also disputed. The word Hashish (of probable Persian origin) refers to resin collected from cannabis flowers. An accurate definition of the word in Persian is actually "healers" or "herb sellers."[citation needed] The popular viewpoint may have influenced the crusaders, and certainly Marco Polo's fabled account of his visit to Alamut in 1273 makes reference to it.[4] By either or both of those two sources the distorted term "assassin" may have entered Western vocabulary.
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2009
Which one do you belong, assasin or assasination ?
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
Abuzola:

Which one do you belong, assasin or assasination ?

A soldier of Christ do not assassinate, they reap souls for Him. Christ is knocking on your door, change your evil ways and accept Him into your life and you will see the holy spirit make life better for you. Accept Him now before it's too late.
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
Didn't jesus order you to sell ur mantle and buy sword ?

Anyway, what i mean is are you talking of assasination or assasin
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
Abuzola:

Didn't jesus order you to sell your mantle and buy sword ?

Anyway,  what i mean is are you talking of assasination or assasin

Where?. The same Jesus that said, a man that lives by the sword shall die by the sword?
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2009
He contradict himself,
Re: Hashshashin by olabowale(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2009
aloy~emeka sees what he wishes to see in the bible; the peace loving part, like the hari-krishna hinduism. i have always thought he is a man of some resolve in honesty, until now.

the bible says jesus said this and turns around and said completely opposite. now, which part is right, or neither?
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2009
olabowale:

aloy~emeka sees what he wishes to see in the bible; the peace loving part, like the hari-krishna hinduism. i have always thought he is a man of some resolve in honesty, until now.

the bible says jesus said this and turns around and said completely opposite. now, which part is right, or neither?

If I am lying about the content of the bible, provide the proof otherwise remain silent forever.
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2009
jesus order to buy sword, period

Matthew 10:34 jesus said

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. (NASB ©1995)
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
Abuzola:

jesus order to buy sword, period

Matthew 10:34 jesus said

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. (NASB ©1995)

If you understand that to mean ordering for a sword, then you need to go back to school.
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2009
What ?

I only emphasize the sword issue in the above quote

now see where jesus order you to buy sword, luke 22:36

'He (jesus) said to them,'but now let him who has a purse take it and likewise a bag,

and let him who has no sword sell his garment and buy one'

you should be ashame by now
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2009
brb
Re: Hashshashin by olabowale(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2009
aloy~emeka refuses to accept what jesus said; no peace, sword, even purchase of swords, but he is willing to sell us a stale story that jesus is peaceful, a lamb, a willing sacrificial lamb! Haa.

but aloy~eemeka, what was in the purse and the bag that jesus said they should carry, if you know, since no one knows what were in them; incomplete info ala bible on this matter!?
Re: Hashshashin by fizzybaba(m): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2009
@ elder olabowale and abuzola

at this point of your arguement, caution is of critical essence.

going through your responses to aloy-emeka, there is an attempt(most likely, not intended) to potray jesus in a manner untowards.

do not forget he, jesus(isa), was a prophet and our faith is not complete till we believe in all the prophets of Allah

efforts can be made to potray the inconsistencies,fallacies,fallibility,loopholes,human-authoredness ,inherent in the bible
Re: Hashshashin by focused123(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2009
Hashshashin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I beg I no fit laugh.
Re: Hashshashin by Abuzola(m): 12:34am On Nov 07, 2009
Laff tire, mad man
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 3:16am On Nov 07, 2009
fizzybaba:

@ elder olabowale  and abuzola

at this point of your arguement, caution is of critical essence.

going through your responses to aloy-emeka, there is an attempt(most likely, not intended) to potray jesus in a manner untowards.

do not forget he, jesus(isa), was a prophet and our faith is not complete till we believe in all the prophets of Allah

efforts can be made to potray the inconsistencies,fallacies,fallibility,loopholes,human-authoredness ,inherent in the bible

Jesus is not a prophet. Don't believe their lies. He is the messiah.
Re: Hashshashin by AloyEmeka6: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2009
focused123:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I beg I no fit laugh.

Why you dey laugh?. Allow me to teach Abuzola certain things he is yet to know from his hadith. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1)

. / Islamic Question & Answer Forum With Qualified Scholars - www.askascholar.net / Anti - Muslim Violence Spiraling Out Of Control In America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.