Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze (18644 Views)

Who Is The Presidency? –Reuben Abati / From London To Abuja In 50 Days: Buhari’s Return -Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by HungerBAD: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2016
I read with wonderful bewilderment Reuben Abati’s recent article titled “ The Spiritual Side Of Aso Rock Villa” which was supposedly an expose on the influence of rituals, spirits and ghouls on Nigeria’s seat of power and it’s occupants.

Times without number I chuckled to myself as line after line Abati whom I regard as a trailblazer in the media world perhaps running short on reasons why the Jonathan administration failed decided to use this as a trump card to quieten a number of us who blame Jonathan for for failing the nation.

If Abati thought so, then he is largely mistaken as such talk may only expose him further to immense ridicule. I cannot imagine a man like Abati, whose faculties largely impressed me as a student could descend so low and apportion blame of our country’s failings to ghouls and demons!

Abati makes me laugh when he hints at spirits naturally causing fires in the various homes in Aso Rock, wonderful! Just as some persons would scream “ Blood of Jesus!” when they see a cockroach, wall gakor or cat and immediately brand them as witches and wizards or instruments of an attack from the village. I would be sure to inquire what spirit led to a fire in a friend’s apartment or a big government office, where funds have been tampered with! Ah, remember the Nigerian External Telecommunication building that was engulfed with fire in 1983, lets blame it too on the spirits!

Then Abati extends his theories to the third legs of a number of the occupants of Aso Rock, which he said had cease to work in “the other room” forcing their wives to resort to the Love Machine. Haba, this forced me to ask whether Abati had taken a census of all the men in Aso Rock to determine whether their third legs were functional or not? Perhaps he organised orgies or was invited to these orgies where all the men became shy of the daughters of eve because they could not “perform” and reorganised these trysts after they lost out in the last elections only to see the spirits release their vigour. I mean such talk remains bizarre and nauseating! But let’s not be offended, just blame it on some spirit!

Abati painted the picture of Aso Rock as a hospital with agonising victims, as well suffering from all kinds of cancers! Ok, I get it only Aso Rock occupants suffer from these cancers, then I guess the issue of people suffering from them in other hospitals were also occupants of Aso Rock! Yeye de smell o!

Even the talk of convoys having accidents, near helicopter crashes or the refusal of air planes to start on a number of occasions was also blamed on spirits by Abati, despite the fact that he had alluded one of the challenges to the miscalculation of the pilot!

Abati alleges that there is also a spirit that made President Jonathan to take wrong decisions! Wonderful! So the decision to loot and steal the country blind under Jonathan was the handiwork of a number of ghouls, he is saying don’t blame Jonathan nor his cabinet for failing to save for the rainy day and the squandermania that occurred under his watch, for they were all victims of such ghouls.

For crying out loud, if the people don’t take a well prepared statement well or if a policy failed then the trouble is with the policy itself, the trouble is with the trust level the government has with the people and not some ghouls or the devil as Abati will want us to believe! Maybe it was the spirits that were behind Patience Jonathan’s “waka come” theatrics too and the kidnap of the Chibok girls!

Abati’s thesis on the witchcraft dimension in Aso Rock is a testament to why we Africans have failed to develop our society. We believe more in ghouls, charms, the power of the blood of a ram than the innate powers God has given to us. We have so sedated ourselves to these stupid beliefs that we have failed to develop our society.

Abati believes that Aso Rock is possessed with demons, inflicting death and pain on the occupants, yet he relentlessly campaigned for his principal and himself to return to power. He says that should he be president that he will that will build a new Aso Rock( waste of funds) and dedicate it to the all-conquering Almighty, he also says that this is a country in need of prayers But come to think of it, was it not the same Jonathan who uncountably visited Jerusalem and church conventions of notable men of God? Was it not the same Jonathan who organised prayer retreats with men of God thundering forth in Aso Rock, how come these prayers did not chase out these ghouls?

When men like Abati begin to reason like this, then it is no wonder how our society remains in the backwaters!

—Igboeli Arinze writes from Abuja

http://leadership.ng/opinions/554900/abatis-ghost-stories

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by yeyeboi(m): 8:29am On Oct 17, 2016
That moment when everybody is waiting for the FTC to comment tongue

If u woke up on the bright side today and you have the believe that Nigeria will be Great again click like an if you don't believe click share.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Ishilove: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2016
Chai, Arinze, when will you change??

This dude is a character. Forever aluta, always on fire for the wrong things cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 17, 2016
Ishilove:
Chai, Arinze, you never change?? This dude is a character. Forever aluta, always on fire for the wrong things cheesy

My beautiful crush, when you finish reading, join me in the other room

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Ezedon(m): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2016
story
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Yannny: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2016
hmnn, Arinze I reason with you.

[size=15pt]Truly! There are Principalities in high places!!![/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:00am On Oct 17, 2016
grin
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by ChappyChase: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2016
Oga Abati upon all the evil spirit wey dey villa why una been figh tooth and nail to remain there

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by willjoe: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2016
This Arinze never jam sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Vaxt(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2016
Was
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2016
it is a witch that always see witch
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by coolk(m): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmm

After reading Abati's write up / exposé my esteem for him sky rocketed. I understand the courage it takes to defy all known norms and principles to write about such experience. Something he without doubt would have expected to be ridiculed.

I recall reading that Pres. Buhari refused to move into Aso Rock for weeks after his swearing-in for spiritual cleansing to be carried out.

Whether atheist or theist, if you do not believe that there is evil in this world, then you are the biggest fool that ever 'liveth'.

My university professor once told me that the reason Africans are backwards is that we use our witchcraft solely for evil. While elsewhere, you here of good witches fighting against evil witches; and secret cults / occults whose purpose is to uplift their nation, be it freemason or illuminati or et al.
But in Nigeria we have Ogbanjè, Ogbonî et al whose purpose is to... you guessed it.

If you like historical facts mixed with fiction, read Dan browns works and see how great nations laid the foundations for their greatness.
While in Nigeria we buried corpses and curses to ensure our damnation.

Hmmm.
I rest my case sad

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by SweetJoystick(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2016
Abati is right though, a family friend testified to all that he said, but that's no excuse for the last administration woeful performance

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by SouthWestBlood(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2016
Until he enters there.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by tonaydo(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2016
am not coming back to comment something reasonable undecided
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Flets: 10:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Foolish write up. Abati doesn't need to justify GEJ's govt as a better govt. Buhari has been on self destruct mode since May 2015 and that's enough testimonial

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by XaintJoel20: 10:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Failed politicians would always look for excuses..

Wait a minute...

Na the same spirit make Buba dey loose guard

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Vikkie14: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2016
Mr Author, you are writing from your own fiction. Have you been to the Villa before? Have you stay overnight at the villa? I doubt it. You don't claim abati 'experience' is fictional when you haven't been to the villa.
Reuben HAD been at the Villa and he gave us a first-hand experience.
You cannot know the system more than those(or had been) in the system.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by dunkem21(m): 10:06am On Oct 17, 2016
Does it mean there are Aso demons in another room?

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by Vikkie14: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2016
Sh1t is what the author wrote here.
If i tell you that i've seen a rat with hunch-back and you haven't seen such or you're simply bewildered doesn't makes my 'claims' Invalid or opaque.
So, mr wareva, check the below picture.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by datola: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2016
Reuben Abati needs (spiritual) rehabilitation.
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2016
I Don't Believe in Ghost Stories grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by teemanbastos(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2016
was it not the same
Jonathan who uncountably visited
Jerusalem and church conventions of
notable men of God? Was it not the
same Jonathan who organised prayer
retreats with men of God thundering
forth in Aso Rock, how come these
prayers did not chase out these
ghouls?
this portion completely watered down Reuben's letter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by lawak: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2016
good analysis Arinze.
one would have believed this story better if Reuben Abati is explaining to Nigerians why he resigned from office 4 or 6 months after appointment and discovered it's a spirit game. Not after he enjoyed the loot for more than 4 years and even campaigned for more tenure.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by olayincar(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2016
ok
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by AlexCk: 10:09am On Oct 17, 2016
Hahahaha

Be very afraid, Freddie Kruger back to haunt y'all grin
Or maybe Jason Voorhees

Hehehe
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by teepsee(f): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2016
Nigeria politics , it's a pity. Always having excuse. Sombori will soon say the reason for his short come is cause of the other room work his wife gave him undecided
Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by abumeinben(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2016
well...

To be fair in this debate (with an unknown civilian seeking Naira popularity), let him go stay in Ass.hole rock for sometime.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati’s Ghost Stories- Igboeli Arinze by madridguy(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Bullets Of Same Calibre As Army’s, Says Forensic Expert / Pease What Is Fuel Price In Your Area Today? / Kano To Include Christians In Mass Weddings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.