Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor (1374 Views)

Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / ' Atheist Professor ' Gets Embarrassed By Superior Logical Thinker / Atheist Professor, Bruce Grindal, Witnesses Man Raised From The Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by Iamdipson(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2016
The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists? A student bravely replied, "Yes, he did!"

"God created everything? The professor asked.

"Yes sir", the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil". The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name — Albert Einstein.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by felixomor: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2016
If that professor was a nairaland atheist, he would have continued arguing and he would eventually have expelled Einstein.

Yeye people that claim to reason.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by jonbellion(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2016
Umm okay I looked at this post aaaand there are a lot of fallacious reasoning cuz if you want to reason like that we might as well say poverty doesn't exist cuz it's the lack of wealth oor scurvy doesn't exist since it's the lack of vitamin C or sorrow doesn't exist since it's the lack of wealth. While stories about a student like Einstein humiliating an atheist professor might make for very entertaining Chick Tracts they probably don't convert anyone. Rather they function mostly as a way of reinforcing things that Christians already believe to be true, and make them feel smart about doing so.
Btw Einstein didn't believe in the abrahamic God. He believed in the pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza, but not in a personal god, a he criticised such beliefs.iono if there's a god or not but I'm 101% sure the abrahamic God doesn't exist He is an illogical concept, rife with contradiction — a square circle of loving wrath, known to have gone through an evolution as He was compiled by the ancients throughout history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by felixomor: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
Umm okay I looked at this post aaaand there are a lot of fallacious reasoning cuz if you want to reason like that we might as well say poverty doesn't exist cuz it's the lack of wealth oor scurvy doesn't exist since it's the lack of vitamin C or sorrow doesn't exist since it's the lack of wealth. While stories about a student like Einstein humiliating an atheist professor might make for very entertaining Chick Tracts they probably don't convert anyone. Rather they function mostly as a way of reinforcing things that Christians already believe to be true, and make them feel smart about doing so.
Btw Einstein didn't believe in the abrahamic God. He believed in the pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza, but not in a personal god, a he criticised such beliefs.iono if there's a god or not but I'm 101% sure the abrahamic God doesn't exist He is an illogical concept, rife with contradiction — a square circle of loving wrath, known to have gone through an evolution as He was compiled by the ancients throughout history

E dey pain u shaa! grin

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by jonbellion(m): 10:52am On Oct 17, 2016
felixomor:

E dey pain u shaa! grin
lol naaaah wink
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by felixomor: 10:53am On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
lol naaaah wink

Ok, good to know.
But if u still feel any later, just apply aboniki.
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by onetrack(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2016
Einstein did not do this. However, he did say that the Bible was mythology.
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by Amberon11: 11:18am On Oct 17, 2016
Brilliant!!!

I've watched the video times over.
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by Amberon11: 11:20am On Oct 17, 2016
Buhahahaha...

There are facts in the O.P but I see an atheist writing thrash up there already. Lmao.
felixomor:
If that professor was a nairaland atheist, he would have continued arguing and he would eventually have expelled Einstein.

Yeye people that claim to reason.

2 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by hopefulLandlord: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2016
Amberon11:
Buhahahaha...

There are facts in the O.P but I see an atheist writing thrash up there already. Lmao.

That's trash? Lmao
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by 4kings: 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
You are very Smart.
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by Ranchhoddas: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Amberon11:
Brilliant!!!

I've watched the video times over.
The video of Einstein humiliating the professor??

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by jonbellion(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The video of Einstein humiliating the professor??
they converted this crap into a movie "Gods not dead" where they made the athiest professor as the stereotypical athiest "aaaah I hate Gid so much!!!! I just want to shoot every christian with a fucking minigun!!"
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by jonbellion(m): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
Einstein didn't even do that it's an urban myth.
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by hopefulLandlord: 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
jonbellion:
they converted this crap into a movie "Gods not dead" where they made the athiest professor as the stereotypical athiest "aaaah I hate Gid so much!!!! I just want to shoot every christian with a fucking minigun!!"

lol

deluded people

they think all atheists hate their imaginary friend
Re: Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor by NPComplete: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
That some people think the nonsense up there is a true story tells a lot about their intelligence. I am not even an atheist but the foolish lengths some people will go to help the cause is hilarious.
And if u ask them now, they will claim they have the Holy Spirit. Yet that spirit didn't correct them and tell them the story is horseshit. If u Christians that believed this story really carried the capacity of the infinite within u, u would be more discerning than this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Describe Pastor Adeboye=humble..." Describe Pastor Oyedepo=? / I Can't Hold On, I Hate Sunday Service / Correcting The Lies About What Truly Started The Christian Crusades In 1095

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.