Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,301 members, 7,829,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) (1402 Views)

BB Scam Alert!!! Beware My People!!! / Dominique Strauss Kahn Marriage Hit The Rock / Meet And Date People From Warri Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by wholex(m): 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2006
helo to all my people from rock city, hows life anywhere we re, our city is one of the most beautiful place on earth.We av heard lots of prominent African who are from the city as such we must Glorify God for making us EGBAS. lets open a forum . where we can discuss on how to bring more developmental projects to the city.
if u re an egba man or woman sayyyyy BAAAA WA
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by folkzy(f): 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2007
BAA WAAAAAAAA. I hope dis thread develop. I'm from Ogun state n I lived in Ogun state (Abeokuta) when i was in Nigeria. PPl think Lagos is d best place to live. D traffic in Niger is not as bad as Lagos n it's not over -crowded.
I love my state lol

Can't wait to go on Holiday.

Where u from in ogun State?
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by wholex(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2007
my sis, how re yu doing overthere, am from ake and base in lagos where re yu from in egba.its nice of u responding to my thread. while there ,make sure that u do watever in ur capacity to make our town a lovely place.
baa wa
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by Seun(m): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2007
I'm not from Abeokuta, but I love the town so much. Does that count? wink
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by mrpataki(m): 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2007
Ba Wah Oh!

Fully Egba Breed!
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by OmoEko1(f): 12:48am On Mar 20, 2007
I will represent Abeokuta for now becos that where my mum is from. wink But Lagos State 4life
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by fellow(m): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2007
Hey whats gud. i am from osun but i have stayed in egba for like 15 years now. My ma is also from egba. lol
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 11, 2007
Eyin temi legba !

Been looking for this thread all my time on naira land, and thank God i've found it.

Am from the city that rocks and from my username you can guess which part of the town i comes from' i.e "ILUGUN".
ILUGUN- BOY for life!. Though i lives in Lagos.
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by olanajim(m): 7:40am On Sep 11, 2007
I am sorry I am far from home. My mum is from there. But I know little about the town. I hope we can share info on the town in general.

So, I have so many questions for you Egba people. And I want replies.

1, what is BAA WAA? Does it mean if we exist? Sorry to say that my Yoruba is little to write home about.

2, can anyone tell me the spiritual significant of Olumo, it history and why it is so glorified? Is it still that spiritually relevant or it is just a tourist haven?

3, Why is it that Ogun people in power always work against their kinsmen at National level? Eg Obasanjo frustrated Awolowo in the later's bid to rule the country during his time as HOS. Likewise, Shonekan allowed himself to be used to bastardize MKO legacy. When OBJ was in power, he hardly even make reference to MKO talkless of honouring him. Even as the whole country praise MKO for dying for the nation.

4, Ogun state had the benefit of being the only state in south west to have produced Nigerian president, what are the positive impact this priviledge brought to the state?

Finally, what are we doing to put the state on the track?

More later.
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by bolorunfem(f): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2007
Mo ki dede yin, eyin temi li Kemta, dede omo 'Toko, eyin ti Lafenwa, ti Oke-Ona, Ijemo, Owu oke ati tisale, Iberekodo, dede omo Egba t'ile t'oko, mo nki yin o, Lisabi a gbe wa o.

Now you're goin' 'o make me cryyyyy cry Oh, how I miss home. Though am not far from home really but it's been quite a while since Ive been there. Guess its because I'd lived there for sooooooo long. Born, bread, buttered, garried cheesy, gbured and lafund grin there. Swam in the ogun river as a child (not serious swimming though), played on top of and around the ancient rock, had lots of fun natives usually do. A beg, person wey dey go home make e bring lafun and robo come for me o wink wink

Egba is peaceful & cool. flag down a taxi cab, and it will wait for you to finish your plate of food (no rushing), and the fair? Moderate is it.

Nko de fi yin le o, maa de maa ri yin lojo miren,ojoo re o.

Seun, you're welcome to this thread o, if u don't mind we can dash you one well-read and well-behaved sisi from Sapon, Lantoro or Onikolobo, for iyawo, no tribal marks and at no cost of dowry, I promise wink
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by tkb417(m): 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2007
Hey wassup
Im from Ijebu-Igbo/Abeokuta. The Rock city rocks.

Im shuttling Lagos/Abuja but wont forget my days when i was in Secondary school. Idi-aba then.
Whats happening in our state?
I will soon be back in Ogun to run things for real.I love Abeokuta, the serenity can only be compared to Abuja.

Long live Ogun state Nigeria.
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by runsaway: 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2007
@bolorunfem, i feel u o. i love abeokuta especially when on holiday. its the ultimate retirement destination. no traffic, cheap food, easy going life style and the taxi thing still trips me. u can actually wake up at 7, do all u need to do and still be at work by 7.30.
i grew up there, i dont think i want to live there but i wont mind retiring there
Re: My People From The Rock City(abeokuta) by havilahade: 12:17am On Dec 26, 2007
lesi e bebi.does anyone know what that means.show me u are true egbas.am from igbore in abeokuta.one luv my people.abeg make we no be lyk old egbas wey dey do demselves.we are the generationnext

(1) (Reply)

190 And Omolola. / Check Out This Lady's Epic Reply About Being Single And Searching / I Need Impactful Guys For Friendship!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.