Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks (21937 Views)

My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! / 'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says / Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
lubbish
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by glamour29557(f): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
cook and sprite should pls do so too...there sugar content is just too much
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by davibid: 4:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
Do people still drink pepsi

As for me I no longer eat for pleasure

Only food that can last for 3/4 hours are allowed and certainly Pepsi isn't one of them

Instead I'll drink a sachet of pure water
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by craves(m): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
alanposh:

sugar uwa mmebi...
emere nke a maka room nke ozooo ka enwe nyere umu nwoke 5 mins aka ...

Na aka nke ozooooo,onwere onye nwere ike ichetara onye isi ala unu ka o ga gbaaa waec banye school maka ako Na uche koro yaaa??

Na aka nke ozo...kedu kaaa sugar ga esi metuta price otu ikoo rice?

...wishing i can write this langua! Just like u
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
craves:

...wishing i can write this langua! Just like u
oburooo Ur fault. ooo bu fault buhari
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by joey150(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
Keneking:
Ok..

+ First approach was to introduce "longer throat" - filled with more water (less artificial sweetener aspartame)
+ Second approach was to stop "longer throat" and revert with same price, note with more (less artificial sweetener aspartame)
+ Third approach is to reduce artificial sweetener aspartame completely.Just bottle carbon and water for consumers.

Instead of admitting that the import cost and current market environment is hitting them badly and dont want to increase prices.

Useless business strategy...nonsense approaches

Nawa!
And this one thinks Pepsi is a Nigerian company.

Smh!
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by timpaul664(m): 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
abokibuhari:
great news, make i fit penetrate my babe wella grin
badt guy
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
joey150:

Nawa!
And this one thinks Pepsi is a Nigerian company.

Smh!

Are they immune to the business environment in Nigeria at the moment.
Are they importing raw materials from Oregun or Apapa grin
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by joey150(m): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
Keneking:

Are they immune to the business environment in Nigeria at the moment.
Are they importing raw materials from Oregun or Apapa grin

Pepsi must taste the same all over the world. Its a brand. And any change in content to any of their products will happen globally.

Coke tastes the same all over the world.
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
joey150:

Pepsi must taste the same all over the world. Its a brand. And any change in content to any of their products will happen globally.

Coke tastes the same all over the world.

Fallacy. The pH level of water used, production environment and raw materials affect the final product.
The dilution in the tank and bottling technique may be the same but the constituents vary across time and space smiley
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
johnstar:
K

I nor dey even lyk suga b4

#teamAlomo bitters BabyOku too

Bros those shii get sugar too oo
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by ikombe: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
johnstar:
K

#teamAlomo bitters BabyOku too

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
good
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
A good move. Nigerians making noise in the comments like their spending habits affect the company. Travel out and see people who take soft drinks with daily meals and as no reason refreshers. A soft drink dispenser is more widespread and patronized by the masses there than ATM machines and roadside Hausa man convenience stores are here.
I applaud the removal of Aspartame. The ingredient results in summertime headaches for a few drinkers. Less sugar is the way forward however this decision doesn't affect me as water is my steady choice of beverage.

1 Like

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by mmsen: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
No one should consume any of this junk.

Completely unhealthy, useless drink.
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Rayplanet(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
2025 is too long a time please.

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by scarffield(m): 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Keneking:
Ok..

+ First approach was to introduce "longer throat" - filled with more water (less artificial sweetener aspartame)
+ Second approach was to stop "longer throat" and revert with same price, note with more (less artificial sweetener aspartame)
+ Third approach is to reduce artificial sweetener aspartame completely.Just bottle carbon and water for consumers.

Instead of admitting that the import cost and current market environment is hitting them badly and dont want to increase prices.

Useless business strategy...nonsense approaches

dix guy deserves a sweet pvssy.
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Danfuster(m): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
MadCow1:
Who still drinks Pepsi sef? undecided

Pepsi is the Poor mans Coca Cola..

Really!... Bro undecided.

If your definition of poor is having the legendary Micheal Jackson as Pepsi brand ambassador for over a decade and multiple signing...then what adjective would you use to qualify CocaCola?!
The pictures below speaks volume.

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by MadCow1: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
Danfuster:

Really!... Bro undecided.

If your definition of poor is having the legendary Micheal Jackson as Pepsi brand ambassador for over a decade and multiple signing... The pictures speaks volume.

Emzor Paracetamol has alot of big Nigerian Stars as the brand Ambassador but it will forever remain the poor Man's Tylenol.. grin
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Danfuster(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Drabeey:

Bros those shii get sugar too oo

Don't mind them... Consuming industrial sugar which is even deadlier I.e Monosaccharide and disaccharide. I pity those self acclaimed brewery.

Me, I just take my two big stout...Maybe 3 when there's peppered snail or grill jeje and go home for a baby sleep.

1 Like

Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Millsz: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
I wonder how many decades it would take for the Nigerian office or branch to start theirs
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by aprokomania(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
I watched an interview recently with the woman who is the CEO of PepsiCo. this reduction in sugar is a really ambitious move that cuts across not only the drink Pepsi but a range of their other products. in developed countries where obesity is the norm rather than the exception, this move will be more appreciated. in a country like Nigeria however, people are hardly aware of their health requirements as the market is driven by unintelligent consumerism.
Kudos on this bold move PepsiCo.
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by joey150(m): 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Keneking:

Fallacy. The pH level of water used, production environment and raw materials affect the final product.
The dilution in the tank and bottling technique may be the same but the constituents vary across time and space smiley

As the elders would say and i quote
" it is the stubborn housefly that follows the corpse to the grave"
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by JayJustus(m): 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
I don't understand Nigerians again...

the news is talking about PEPSICO which is a worldwide company...noone was talking about Nigeria there and some are busy shouting recession this import cost that...

CAN'T YOU READ AND DIGEST

what has blinded this generation
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by sunetsil(m): 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
Sijo01:
Because of recession or they've finally realised too much sugar is deadly??.
am tellin you
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by phanshark(m): 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=Petmax post=50278908]The global food giant said on Monday that two-thirds of its single serving drinks will have 100 or fewer calories from added sugar by 2025.

PepsiCo said the change was driven by shifting consumer needs and new dietary guidelines from the World Health Organization.

Many customers have tapered their intake of high-sugar, high-calorie soft drinks from Pepsi and Coca-Cola due to worries about sugar consumption. But at the same time, diet beverages have also been falling out of favor as consumers worry about chemicals in their drinks.

Both Pepsi and Coke have been trying to adapt to changing consumer tastes.

Pepsi announced last year it would stop using the artificial sweetener aspartame due to declining sales and health concerns. Scientific studies have linked artificial sweeteners to obesity and diabetes.

But PepsiCo reintroduced aspartame to some products in September, saying consumers wanted more choices.

Along with its commitment to cut calories in its sugary drinks over the next decade, Pepsi also said it would reduce levels of saturated fat and sodium in the majority of its products.

"The company will continue to refine its food and beverage choices to meet changing consumer needs by reducing added sugars, saturated fat and sodium levels in its product portfolio," Pepsi said in a statement.

Story 4 d gods.sugar its because sugar is now expensive that's why.greedy people
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by phanshark(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
Story 4 d gods.sugar its because sugar is now expensive that's why.greedy people
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by DaInferno(m): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
ADD HOPS TO IT! cheesy
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by 12inchDickson: 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Because Pepsi is a major cause of obesity
Re: Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
johnstar:
K

#teamAlomo bitters
BabyOku too

Correct guy, u sabi!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? / Things You Need To Know About Dentures / Biography Of Prof. Mohammed Nasir Sambo: The New NHIS Boss (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.