Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women (8624 Views)

Olufunso Amosun Visits Korede Taiwo, Chained By Father / Fayemi Distributes Food Items To Ekiti People / Olufunso Amosun Celebrates Her 50th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by metroparrot: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
In commemoration of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, the Wife of the Governor Of Ogun State and President of the UPLIFT Development Foundation, Mrs Olufunso Amosun has organised a food outreach programme for more than 3,000 vulnerable indigenes of the State.

The programme, which took place at Oke-Ona United Primary School, Iberekodo in Abeokuta, saw the beneficiaries going home with several dry food items.

Speaking at the event, Mrs. Amosun advised Nigerians to join hands with government to reduce poverty in the society.

"If you are in position to assist anyone, let us always rise up to help, because that is the only way we can reduce poverty in the country," she said.

The United Nations General Assembly has declared 17 October as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.

Mrs. Amosun noted that the state government would continue to invest in food security to improve the quality of lives of the less privileged in the State.

Responding, the Chairman of Abeokuta North Local Government, Hon. Surajudeen Folarin said the state was working hard to reduce poverty in the state, charging the beneficiaries to optimise the opportunity given to them and join hands in the Mission to Rebuild Ogun State.

He thanked the governor's wife for her commitment to the welfare of the people, particularly the aged people.

Speaking on behalf of the beneficiaries, Madam Abeni Adekanbi and Mr. Lateef Adesanya lauded the state governor and his wife for their efforts at eradicating poverty in the state and their kind gesture.

Highlight of the event included the distribution of the dry food items such as bags of rice, cartons of spaghetti, cartons of noodles, refined salts, sugar, cartons of sausage rolls amongst others.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/10/photos-gov-amosuns-wife-olufunso-amosun.html

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by emeka2847: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Give them the hook, not the fish.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by helinues: 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
baa wa
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Benjom(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
Good of her... but what I don't understand is 'why give in pieces and not in cartons?'. Is this what is meant by 'half bread is better than none?'

#StillConfused

5 Likes

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by richidinho(m): 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Benjom:
Good of her... but what I don't understand is 'why give in pieces and not in cartons?'. Is this what is meant by 'half bread is better than none?'

#StillConfused

grin
if na Fayose, hope you will commend him too

7 Likes

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Benjom(m): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
richidinho:

grin
if na Fayose, hope you will commend him too

分享基督耶穌的愛給他們
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by zanebaddo(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2016
Every year e go better here we are far worse than we were..

Trash
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by RillJ(m): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2016
You need to pay homage to Gov. Fayose!
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Moreoffaith(m): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2016
The last pix though
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Hardeysolution(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2016
They were given more than what you see in the picture.. ...God bless reasonable leaders and their wives
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2016
This pic though. Even the girl sharing the noodles doesn't look comfortable

1 Like

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by seguno2: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2016
Fayose leads, other hypocrite copycats follow.

2 Likes

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Ehiflex: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2016
good
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by originally(m): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2016
backwardness everywhere in this country...What would they eat later?
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by keypad1: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2016
I thought yorubas with all their education are wise people. The peppered oil soup eating amala people voted an illiterate into power. It is still a mystery. Jeez

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by atirolu(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2016
Following the footstep of fayose......stomach infrastructure

If Na fayose they ll criticise him

5 Likes

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by maj007(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2016
This is disheartening.

One unit of noodles to that old woman!!!! And this is coming from my State.

What people need are empowerment and good governance to earn their livings on their own. This show-off - giving people pieces of food as if they are beggers is totally out of it.

Organize empowerment programmes, sponsor their children's education (AT LEAST THE HUSBAND BENEFITED FROM AWO'S FREE EDU), governance that creates a business enabling environment, etc..

I traveled home to vote for SIA on both occasions. The first term was beyond my expectation for my beloved Abeokuta in terms of infrastructure. This second term has been a very big disappointment and little wonder people complain bitterly every weekend i travel home.

1. Local government administration has been murdered completely. And that comes with serious implication on income for people. SIA is an ACA and a big time politician. He knows the effect of his unlawful policy on local govt admin on the income earning ability of the people and he still shows no care. RATHER ALL THAT IS DONE IS DISTRIBUTION OF PIECEMEAL FOOD as if citizens are slaves.

2. The giantstrides recorded in infrastructural development has come to a halt. I understand that the cash is no more to complete some of the projects or initiate new ones. A lot of local lads got engaged with the contractors and earned their living on that but that is no more available. The various odd jobs (say Okada Riding, Taxi Driving, etc) have now being taxed heavily in one form or the other thereby depleting daily earnings. And with the current inflationary trend in country right now, one can only imagine what people go through.

3. Civil Servants !!!!!!!!!! They will remove him asap if they have the power.

4. As an Owu Man (which partly i am too), i expect a bit of vindictiveness from him. However, second term power has taken him to another level now.

I can go on and on and on. It's endless. I must say; i regret voting and mobilizing my household for the second term of the this woman's husband.

AND YOU ARE NOW RUBBING SALT ON THE WOUND BY SHARING PIECEMEAL FOOD ITEMS AS IF PEOPLE ARE IN IDP CAMP.

"Egba Ki Seru, Egba Ki Sin gba" Our thumbs await in 2019

I HOPE YOUR PR PEOPLE WHO PROMOTED THIS THREAD WOULD GIVE U THE MESSAGE ACCORDINGLY

3 Likes

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by madapcmod: 9:29am On Oct 18, 2016
Afonja idp Camp expanding courtesy Sai baba!. Baba will rule Nigeria till infinity

If na fayose now, the cat whisker faced, pepperd Stew ati amala eaters will start foaming from their ewedu stained mouths

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2016
madapcmod:
Afonja idp Camp expanding courtesy Sai baba!. Baba will rule Nigeria till infinity

If na fayose now, the cat whisker faced, pepperd Stew ati amala eaters will start foaming from their ewedu stained mouths
grin

2 Likes

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Vilshow(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2016
Stomach Infrastracture.... Checkout my signature
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Kaybee14(m): 10:03am On Oct 18, 2016
That's good of her.
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by adefizzy(m): 10:06am On Oct 18, 2016
Politicians distributing foods to the citizens as if the whole country is a refuge camp. What will one satchet of noodles solve in that woman's problems?

1 Like

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by AuroraB(f): 10:12am On Oct 18, 2016
Hardeysolution:
They were given more than what you see in the picture.. ...God bless reasonable leaders and their wives
But you saw Noodles being shared in packets. No? Liar lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by mizzpweety(f): 10:16am On Oct 18, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Exponental(m): 10:19am On Oct 18, 2016
It's OK.... but it would have been better if outstanding salaries and deductions are paid. This will make more money flow and eradication of poverty enhanced.
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by lawnreigh(m): 10:23am On Oct 18, 2016
Benjom:

分享基督耶穌的愛給他們
为什么耶稣,这个话题不讨论关于耶稣 你的问题是什么?
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2016
Kai afonas...suffering under Buhari and smiling. Under Jonathan...they were enjoying and angry. They would rather suffer under Hausa-Fulani than to have good things come to them through the Igbos that surrounded Jonathan. SMH

1 Like

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by monfilsdavies(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2016
Lately I can't pinpoint the difference between afonjas n idp camps. Feeding from hand to mouth. #o na okpu isi amarozi akpu k'obu na aguba adiro nko#

2 Likes

Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by RentALodge: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2016
People do not need handouts in this recession, what they need are well-structures policies that will take the economy out of the doldrums. Sooner than later, the noodles will finish, but with good policies they could in effect not need government handouts and be able to have enough to give to the less privileged. That's what we should focus on.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by musa7m(m): 11:56am On Oct 18, 2016
metroparrot:
In commemoration of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, the Wife of the Governor Of Ogun State and President of the UPLIFT Development Foundation, Mrs Olufunso Amosun has organised a food outreach programme for more than 3,000 vulnerable indigenes of the State.

The programme, which took place at Oke-Ona United Primary School, Iberekodo in Abeokuta, saw the beneficiaries going home with several dry food items.

Speaking at the event, Mrs. Amosun advised Nigerians to join hands with government to reduce poverty in the society.

"If you are in position to assist anyone, let us always rise up to help, because that is the only way we can reduce poverty in the country," she said.

The United Nations General Assembly has declared 17 October as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.

Mrs. Amosun noted that the state government would continue to invest in food security to improve the quality of lives of the less privileged in the State.

Responding, the Chairman of Abeokuta North Local Government, Hon. Surajudeen Folarin said the state was working hard to reduce poverty in the state, charging the beneficiaries to optimise the opportunity given to them and join hands in the Mission to Rebuild Ogun State.

He thanked the governor's wife for her commitment to the welfare of the people, particularly the aged people.

Speaking on behalf of the beneficiaries, Madam Abeni Adekanbi and Mr. Lateef Adesanya lauded the state governor and his wife for their efforts at eradicating poverty in the state and their kind gesture.

Highlight of the event included the distribution of the dry food items such as bags of rice, cartons of spaghetti, cartons of noodles, refined salts, sugar, cartons of sausage rolls amongst others.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/10/photos-gov-amosuns-wife-olufunso-amosun.html

one / two satchet of noodles@the last pic.....
Re: Olufunso Amosun Distributes Food To 3,000 Women by BrutalJab: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
Zombies, come and see your APC guvnor inaugural Stomach Infrastructure ceremony o.

If na Fayose nau, dem for don dey foam for mouth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Quarrelling In Public — NEF To Northern Governors / NPA Restores Intels’ Service Boat Operation Contract / Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.