Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,866 members, 7,844,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael (490 Views)

Hardship Hits Buhari ’s Ministers , Aides / U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael by psalmson23(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
ON BUHARI ' S STATEMENT I have been trying to keep away from this chaos. But maybe we need a little guidance on our thoughts The president made a statement ....."she belongs to my kitchen, my living room and the other room"... This statement was referring to his wife whom he referred to as "my wife". Let's do a little English class..." my" is a possessive pronoun and it signifies ownership. Thus to say "my" or "mine" means to lay ownership to something. As when I say my biro. Now suppose you come pick my biro off my locker and then I tell you no my biro belongs in my locker. Would you begin to get angry? And personalize my statement arguing that your own biro shouldn't be in a locker?? The question in my head of course will be what's your business? And I'm sure any other person will feel same. Why then should the president's speech attract so much concern. Aisha is Buhari's wife not everybody's. If the president had said women belong in the kitchen, then the uproar would have been understood. I don't know the contractual arrangement between the president and his wife but if he says his wife belongs to anywhere why should it become any body's headache? She's "his" wife. After all this is a president who has a woman as his finance minister. So I wouldn't want to believe he believes all women belong in the kitchen. I hope this helps to at least down this unnecessary tension about the president's speech. Thank you
Re: On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael by hamzakito(m): 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael by vivalavida(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
psalmson23:
ON BUHARI ' S STATEMENT
I have been trying to keep away from this chaos. But
maybe we need a little guidance on our thoughts
The president made a statement ....."she belongs to
my kitchen, my living room and the other room"...
This statement was referring to his wife whom he
referred to as "my wife".
Let's do a little English class..." my" is a possessive
pronoun and it signifies ownership. Thus to say "my"
or "mine" means to lay ownership to something. As
when I say my biro.
Now suppose you come pick my biro off my locker
and then I tell you no my biro belongs in my locker.
Would you begin to get angry? And personalize my
statement arguing that your own biro shouldn't be in
a locker?? The question in my head of course will be
what's your business? And I'm sure any other person
will feel same.
Why then should the president's speech attract so
much concern. Aisha is Buhari's wife not
everybody's. If the president had said women belong
in the kitchen, then the uproar would have been
understood.
I don't know the contractual arrangement between
the president and his wife but if he says his wife
belongs to anywhere why should it become any
body's headache? She's "his" wife. After all this is a
president who has a woman as his finance minister.
So I wouldn't want to believe he believes all women
belong in the kitchen.
I hope this helps to at least down this unnecessary
tension about the president's speech.
Thank you

Dumb analysis
Re: On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael by alabashop(m): 12:39am On Oct 18, 2016
vivalavida:

Dumb analysis
That's his point of view,but op you asked a very funny question "
Why then should the president's speech attract so
much concern.? ".
Re: On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael by alabashop(m): 12:40am On Oct 18, 2016
vivalavida:

Dumb analysis
That's his point of view.
Mr op you asked a very funny question "Why then should the president's speech attract so
much concern. ?" because He's the President and should know how to talk. Just as he goofed with the "fantastically corrupt" comments.
Re: On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael by Samtob90(m): 5:27am On Oct 18, 2016
vivalavida:

Dumb analysis
Foolish comment
Re: On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael by ivandragon: 6:08am On Oct 18, 2016
PMB's declaration is a cause for concern on so many levels.

1. it was a mockery & belittling of his wife on the international scene.

2. PMB is a role model to millions of Nigerians (I am typing that with a 'straight face'), so his utterances & actions carry weight.

3. making such a statement beside one of the most powerful women in world politics, a woman from whose country you have gone to request assistance, shows that behind her back, he sees her as nothing more than a glorified domestic appendage...

4. the statement smacks of gross insensitivity. the western community is far more sensitive to gender issues than the African society, be sensitive to your host/environment... after all, isn't that what those who supported the arrest of the presidential dog namer said?

PMB is entitled to his opinions & he can make his wife a rag doll for all we care... but his present position demands discretion...

(1) (Reply)

Religious Ban: Shiites Challenge Gov El-rufai / Inec Annouces PDP Rightful Candidate For November Election / Buhari Visits Sokoto saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.