Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

D - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (2335 Views)

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Contradictions In The Bible — Why Are They There? / thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by DeSepiero(m): 10:21am On Oct 18, 2016
In the first contradiction, could it be that god and Satan conspired? Or are they one and the same person?
Re: D by ayobase(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2016
Seun:

Do you know why God allowed those contradictions in the first place, knowing that their existence would cause many people to doubt God?

You among all atheists.

I am so disappointed in you.

Why didn't didn't you bother to confirm how true the contradictions are?

So Goliath and Goliath's brother are the same person abi!
Re: D by Nightie(f): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

Your response didn't address Seun's question.
" Isn't God's book supposed to be concise, easy to understand and totally explicable without contradictions"?
U didn't read my oda post. If u did nd u still dnt grab, den I wonder hw u wanna read d Bible nd undastnd witout looking for contradictions.

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2016
ayobase:

You among all atheists.

I am so disappointed in you.

Why didn't didn't you bother to confirm how true the contradictions are?

So Goliath and Goliath's brother are the same person abi!
Who gives a rat's ass if your disappointed? You and your opinions are inconsequential.
Re: D by ayobase(m): 11:28am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:

Who gives a rat's ass if your disappointed? You and your opinions are inconsequential.

You didn't debunk my objective.

Well, I will be getting across to you very soon despite my tight schedule.

You need to stop misleading people, and littering the internet with wrong pieces of information.
Re: D by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2016
ayobase:

You didn't debunk my objective.
Is that the only contradiction you can address
Re: D by ayobase(m): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2016
Lennycool:
Is that the only contradiction you can address
And why did u still refer to it as a contradiction?
Boy, always verify any piece of information before dishing out.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 11:43am On Oct 18, 2016
grin They saw The Contradictions Clean and Clear Now they are making up excuses For it?
Re: D by Wilgrea7(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2016
guy this thing long na... how u want make i read am finish?
Re: D by ItzHoludex(m): 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nightie:
Lyk if we explain, u wouldn't still doubt.
abi

1 Like

Re: D by Sanchez01: 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
This is funny grin grin grin grin
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2016
Sanchez01:
This is funny grin grin grin grin
lol
Re: D by moski5(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
saintkash:
gben ghen

lol someone answered the op online

OP you need the link?
Re: D by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
moski5:

lol someone answered the op online

OP you need the link?
Provide it
Re: D by moski5(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Re: D by moski5(m): 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
I see a lot of Christians trying to cover up hmmm .... to me its not necessary. I went through most of the points n they were at best a joke, misconstrued perception by someone who thinks he's read n understands the bible. I was surprised some of the points don't deserve answers meanwhile some are cogent. I won't bother to explain I hope the links above should clear people's doubts though its not gonna happen soon. Nightie thumbs up by the way, As for the "errors" in translation and in writing, I chalk it up to man n infallibility, as for comparison with Chimamanda, Shakespeare n Aristotle should have been mentioned.
Re: D by moski5(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
EyeHateGod:
grin They saw The Contradictions Clean and Clear Now they are making up excuses For it?

above is a link I put up. it should give you d "answers" you seek
Re: D by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 24, 2016
moski5:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.debate.org.uk/debate-topics/apologetic/contrads/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjolYSl9fHPAhUoC8AKHW6eDRkQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNFWmxJjsAHwzxOrb-2ibZdMdk50gg

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.biblicalcatholic.com/apologetics/bible.htm&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjolYSl9fHPAhUoC8AKHW6eDRkQFggNMAE&usg=AFQjCNH_vDwPDZFT9cmWZg2CIuIkLFRdCQ

http://www.google.com/url?q=https://answersingenesis.org/contradictions-in-the-bible/scripture-index/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjolYSl9fHPAhUoC8AKHW6eDRkQFggTMAQ&usg=AFQjCNHNxMeOME3Aq8txqGsSvZ_o20JOnA

The links provide inadequate explanations to why an all mighty being couldn't avoid contradictions in his only book. A book in which humans should use to reach enlightenment, its like buying a maths text book and finding that it says 1+1 is 11.
Here are excerpts from your websites to show you their explanations.
Differences between literary conventions in Bible times and in ours must also be observed: Since, for instance, nonchronological narration and imprecise citation were conventional and acceptable and violated no expectations in those days, we must not regard these things as faults when we find them in Bible writers. When total precision of a particular kind was not expected nor aimed at, it is no error not to have achieved it. Scripture is inerrant, not in the sense of being absolutely precise by modern standards, but in the sense of making good its claims and achieving that measure of focused truth at which its authors aimed
He's bending logic to defend the bible. He basically said that " yes the bible has contradictions but it still teaches the moral aims at the end of the story."

Here is another attempt to answer the question about Gods regret
Nowhere in Scripture does it indicate that God is not emotive. In fact, emotions are often ascribed to God in anthropomorphic or anthropopathic language. The Bible describes God’s actions and emotions in terms of human actions and emotions.
God does not change. However, He can change how He chooses to respond to an individual or nation’s actions.
I don't know whether regret can be emphasised in a non human way. Again they are bending logic.
Well any way I'm glad the Christians are now using Google rather than waiting for the holy spirits guidance, because they all know that won't come.
Re: D by moski5(m): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lennycool:

The links provide inadequate explanations to why an all mighty being couldn't avoid contradictions in his only book. A book in which humans should use to reach enlightenment, its like buying a maths text book and finding that it says 1+1 is 11.
Here are excerpts from your websites to show you their explanations.

He's bending logic to defend the bible. He basically said that " yes the bible has contradictions but it still teaches the moral aims at the end of the story."

Here is another attempt to answer the question about Gods regret

I don't know whether regret can be emphasised in a non human way. Again they are bending logic.
Well any way I'm glad the Christians are now using Google rather than waiting for the holy spirits guidance, because they all know that won't come.

normally I wouldn't reply I've to make an exception. 1. you got your stuff from Google twas 'fair I did same

2. I'm not a Christian

3. I know you wouldn't be convinced I decided to share any way

4. The contradictions like I said earlier most of em r a joke I wouldn't 'waste my time seeking for answers for someone who would find a reason to dismiss it

and finally there's so much in scriptures I'd rather spend time studying than trying to find answers that wouldn't satisfy you. Anyways wish you the best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone? / Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? / Say No To Religion! Science Is The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.