Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. (1627 Views)

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions / GTB And Skyebank Dollar Rate? / Naira4dollar Won't Refund Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 8:22am On Oct 18, 2016
Goodday Nairalanders,
In the past, i have seen how nairaland made banks refund monies taken from their customers all in the name of failed transactions.
12days ago, i got my own fair share from skyebank and i plead with Nairalanders to help me get back my money from skyebank.
You are my last resort in getting my hard earned money(am just a youth corper who recieves only 19800 per month?).

On the 6th day Of this month October, i tried making an online transaction which never scaled through.
Unknown to me that i was charged x2 for this failed transaction.
I mailed skyebank immediately i noticed the deductions which they apologised and assured me of an automatic reversal within 24hrs.
I mailed them back after 24hrs and they replied saying i would get my money within 5 working days which ended Lastweek Friday...
I mailed them afterward explaining to them that i got nothing.. Now they stopped replying my mails(sure they blacklisted my email id because they stop sending a reciept of my complaint)
I took to their facebook fan page and sent them a message... I got a call from them in abt 3hrs, apologising and assuring me of getting a reversal yesterday which was on monday.
Uptill now, i haven't gotten my money and not even a word from them.
Snapshots of our conversations comes up shortly.
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by stefanweeks: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2016
why not walk into a branch of the bank and talk to customer care

mail this mail that

please!!!
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by somez(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2016
Even if it 1kobo they stole from you, fight for a refund. Those guys are crooks
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by dpete1: 8:28am On Oct 18, 2016
Oya Skye Bank,una Don Hear So? Oya Return Am

God save us from poverty o, lord make us rich to forget and forgo things like this o

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2016
stefanweeks:
why not walk into a branch of the bank and talk to customer care

mail this mail that

please!!!
pls note that i was posted to a very remote village...
The nearest skybank branch wuld cost me more that the debited money.
I mostly run on transfers
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2016
dpete1:
Oya Skye Bank,una Don Hear So? Oya Return Am

God save us from poverty o, lord make us rich to forget and forgo things like this o
its not poverty...
Its NYSC...
Moreover this isnt the first time its happening.
At a point in time i started emptying the account...
But later i started getting calls from skyebank teams begging me to let some funds rest a lil before withdrawing.
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by Nightie(f): 8:36am On Oct 18, 2016
Skye Bank refund his money ooo.

Dnt worry, op, ur money will be refunded. I don tell them.
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by dpete1: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2016
mactoni91:

its not poverty...
Its NYSC...
Moreover this isnt the first time its happening.
At a point in time i started emptying the account...
But later i started getting calls from skyebank teams begging me to let some funds rest a lil before withdrawing.
Oh Sorry, I Didnt Mean To Insult You, But Why Don't You Change The Godamn Bank?
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2016
dpete1:

Oh Sorry, I Didnt Mean To Insult You, But Why Don't You Change The Godamn Bank?
NYSC pays me with that account.
They opened it for me.
I have other bank accounts.
gTbank, Ecobank and Zenithbank.
I left may Ecobank for over a year now because i was always being charged at random for nothing.
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2016
Nightie:
Skye Bank refund his money ooo.

Dnt worry, op, ur money will be refunded. I don tell them.
thanks
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2016
somez:
Even if it 1kobo they stole from you, fight for a refund. Those guys are crooks
thanks...
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 9:41am On Oct 18, 2016
pls help me get this to front page
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2016
mactoni91:
pls help me get this to front page
Ok..
Seun , come oo ,help our brother ,take this to front-page
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by bendo75(m): 10:47am On Oct 18, 2016
Complaints Management

This is a Guide on how and where you can lodge a complaint against Financial Institutions regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria such as Commercial Banks, Microfinance Banks, Primary Mortgage Institutions and Discount Houses.

Contact Your Institution First

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) issued a circular in 2011 directing all banks to expand their existing ATM HELP DESK to handle all types of consumer complaints.
Therefore, if you have a complaint against your bank, you MUST first report the complaint at the bank/branch where the issue originated and then allow 2 weeks (it might be less in some banks) for the issue to be resolved.

If Your Bank Fails To Resolve Your Complain

If after lodging your complaint your Bank still fails to engage you and resolve the complaint within 2 Weeks as provided for in the ATM HELP DESK Circular, you have the right to escalate your complaint to the Consumer Protection Department (CPD) of the CBN.

Complaints to Consumer Protection Department

You can only direct your Complaints to CPD upon the failure of your Bank/Financial Institution to resolve your complaint within the 2 weeks timeline given by the CBN.

Contacting Consumer Protection Department

You can contact the CPD through the following channels:
E-mail: cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Letter: Director, Consumer Protection Department
Central Business District, Abuja
Your letter of Complaint should be addressed to the Director, Consumer Protection Department. You can submit your letter at the CBN Head Office OR at any of the Central Bank of Nigeria branches of nationwide.
Does the CPD Deal with all Types of Complaints?
The CBN deals with all financial related complaints so far as it is against Financial Institutions within its regulatory purview. How to Write an Effective Complaints Letter

Your complaint should be clear and concise to avoid ambiguity. The Complaint letter (petition) should contain amongst other things the following:
• Name, Address, Contact Phone Number & E-mail of the Complainant;
• Name of your Financial Institution;
• Personal banking details (Do NOT include PIN & Passwords, pleasewink
• History/Date of the transaction in dispute;
• Amount claimed (if any);
• Attach relevant documents to support you claim and;
• Evidence to show that you have first lodged the complaint at your bank.
You can make your further inquiries and obtain additional information on the Complaints Handling Process of the Central Bank of Nigeria from the Complaints Unit of your Bank/Financial Institution or from CBN offices nationwide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by yomifola(m): 10:53am On Oct 18, 2016
Good morning Mr mactoni91(sorry sir, I don't know your name). First of all I want to say thank you for choosing Skye bank and also sorry for any inconveniences. I promise you that your money will be refund and we are deeply sorry for the error being committed on your transaction. Kindly avail your details to me, I've PM you.
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by philip0906(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2016
Be careful who you give your details too. Don't p.m anyone over anything as this is a faceless forum, where desperados are on the prowl, except such a person is a representative of skye bank.

The best
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2016
yomifola:
Good morning Mr mactoni91(sorry sir, I don't know your name). First of all I want to say thank you for choosing Skye bank and also sorry for any inconveniences. I promise you that your money will be refund and we are deeply sorry for the error being committed on your transaction. Kindly avail your details to me, I've PM you.
Name : OFUASE ANTHONY
A/C Number : xxxxxxx349
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2016
philip0906:
Be careful who you give your details too. Don't p.m anyone over anything as this is a faceless forum, where desperados are on the prowl, except such a person is a representative of skye bank.

The best
Thanks...
Am aware!
If he truely works with them, he should knw my account with the info i dropped

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2016
bendo75:

Complaints Management

This is a Guide on how and where you can lodge a complaint against Financial Institutions regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria such as Commercial Banks, Microfinance Banks, Primary Mortgage Institutions and Discount Houses.

Contact Your Institution First

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) issued a circular in 2011 directing all banks to expand their existing ATM HELP DESK to handle all types of consumer complaints.
Therefore, if you have a complaint against your bank, you MUST first report the complaint at the bank/branch where the issue originated and then allow 2 weeks (it might be less in some banks) for the issue to be resolved.

If Your Bank Fails To Resolve Your Complain

If after lodging your complaint your Bank still fails to engage you and resolve the complaint within 2 Weeks as provided for in the ATM HELP DESK Circular, you have the right to escalate your complaint to the Consumer Protection Department (CPD) of the CBN.

Complaints to Consumer Protection Department

You can only direct your Complaints to CPD upon the failure of your Bank/Financial Institution to resolve your complaint within the 2 weeks timeline given by the CBN.

Contacting Consumer Protection Department

You can contact the CPD through the following channels:
E-mail: cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Letter: Director, Consumer Protection Department
Central Business District, Abuja
Your letter of Complaint should be addressed to the Director, Consumer Protection Department. You can submit your letter at the CBN Head Office OR at any of the Central Bank of Nigeria branches of nationwide.
Does the CPD Deal with all Types of Complaints?
The CBN deals with all financial related complaints so far as it is against Financial Institutions within its regulatory purview. How to Write an Effective Complaints Letter

Your complaint should be clear and concise to avoid ambiguity. The Complaint letter (petition) should contain amongst other things the following:
• Name, Address, Contact Phone Number & E-mail of the Complainant;
• Name of your Financial Institution;
• Personal banking details (Do NOT include PIN & Passwords, pleasewink
• History/Date of the transaction in dispute;
• Amount claimed (if any);
• Attach relevant documents to support you claim and;
• Evidence to show that you have first lodged the complaint at your bank.
You can make your further inquiries and obtain additional information on the Complaints Handling Process of the Central Bank of Nigeria from the Complaints Unit of your Bank/Financial Institution or from CBN offices nationwide.
would do this if i dont get my money today.
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by kmaxx(m): 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
mactoni91:

Thanks...
Am aware!
If he truely works with them, he should knw my account with the info i dropped

On point!
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
dominique FOD naijacutee puskin
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by AdaAnambra: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
mactoni91:

NYSC pays me with that account.
They opened it for me.
I have other bank accounts.
gTbank, Ecobank and Zenithbank.
I left may Ecobank for over a year now because i was always being charged at random for nothing.
But they now operate Zero charge on their savngs account now.did you not receive the mail they sent.
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
AdaAnambra:
But they now operate Zero charge on their savngs account now.did you not receive the mail they sent.
pls pardon me,
Am not complaining on the kind of account they run but the way i was charged for a failed transaction without a refund
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44
Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by mactoni91(m): 6:16am On Oct 20, 2016
Thank you Nairaland...
I got a refund from Skyebank.
Would never make any electronic transfer with them and wont allow any of my money that comes through that account stay more that 24hrs with them again.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Re: Nairaland Pls Help Me Beg Skyebank To Refund Me My Money. by yomifola(m): 6:33am On Oct 20, 2016
Good morning sir, sorry for any inconveniences this might have caused you. Nobody is perfext , we are all just trying. Although it's not an excuse, just accept our apology. We are committed to serve you better.

Thank you for choosing Skye bank, have a nice day sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Has MMM Finally Crashed??? / Truexgold, vomit our money!! / I Need 40feet Flat Bed Truck For Hire!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.